1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Turrets / Defence Turrets In Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jenkinz, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

I was going over the screenshots on the "Media" section of the main site for starbound, when I noticed this::

[​IMG]

Doesn't slot number 6 look like some form of turret ?

P.S. Ray gun in left hand ^_^

2. Krautzy

Krautzy Void-Bound Voyager

Couldn't this have gone into the other thread that already exists?

3. Jenkinz

My bad, totally forgot about the other thread :/ Will post it there now ^_^

4. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe it's actually an attachment to a vehicle that it hasn't been equipped to yet.

5. Jenkinz

In a shortcut slot ?

6. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd personally put it there if I wanted to make sure I didn't forget about it, or perhaps had a full inventory. And, perhaps you'd equip such a thing by using it while driving the vehicle.

7. Spike

Spike Supernova

Still think NPC would make a better turret that you can't spam. A limited amounts of NPCs equals a challenge at any hour.

8. Offline

Offline Astral Cartographer

If there were placeable turrets, I would go nuts. That would honestly be the coolest thing.

9. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Placeable turrents hmm.. There would have to be some kind of offset penalty. Maybe 25 blocks within the turret you shoot 50 % slower? So that a turret cannot be spammed? or maybe even a 50 block spacing between turrets?
    ~ Just Spewing Ideas :D
    John Devince

10. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

I guess the best limit for turrets would be their availability. Since I guess you'll build them that'll be the resources. If one REALLY wants to get so much resources to make a screen full of turrets I'd say let them, what's wrong with that?
    Well unless that one brings them on another server (dunno if SB will follow Terrarias way in this between on and offline) and sets them to Kill everything on sight...

Still it could be helpful if you have the resources and a hard boss lurking around ^^

Would be cool if you could also adjust the turrets, I don't want them to shoot my owls :O (there will be owls or I'll be very very sad)

11. Tiny Master of Music

Tiny Master of Music Existential Complex

12. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

13. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

I'll see your sentries & spartans

[​IMG]
    :geek:

No srsly, it's probably a shrink ray.. :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.