Trying to save my save data! Computer is dying!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

My current computer is dying. I got a new computer for Christmas last year, and I just started it up. To my horror, it has Windows 10. The malware attack by a major corporation from last year. It's already bugging out from me trying to transfer my save data backups over. I was lucky to be able to get the backups back on the flash drive and off the computer.

Does anyone know where I can get Windows 8.1 relatively cheap? Not one bug seems to have been fixed since this OS's release last year. Microsoft doesn't care. They know most people don't have the patience to figure out Mac, and nobody makes much for Linux. They're the only show in town, and they are taking advantage of that.

I'd imagine Windows XP with BonziBuddy would be more functional than this little bundle of joy.

2. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Okay. I got ahold of a copy of Windows 8. I'm trying to install it, but no partitions are showing up on the custom install screen. What do I do here? Please. I have over 100 days' worth of playtime logged into Starbound.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I have been using in win 10 since it was released, never had any issues.

Jake9039 likes this.
  4. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree. I prefer windows 10 over windows 8 because with windows 8 you get locked into that startup screen unless you take time to move it to an actual desktop. However windows 10 vs windows 8 is not the issue here, however since my computer support course has focused on desktop based operating systems I am unable to help you. I do reccomend that you partition your harddrive before you try to instal the opperating system, becsuse it makes it much easier, you may not be doing any partitions because it automatically stored in to 1 in such case you may just need a whole new hard drive then install it to that, then wipe the old drive and use that one for storafe. Hope I helped!!!

Sir th for any typos, I'm on a phone that doesn't have autocorrect working right now because typos turns into tip ins.