Trying to put in modding info

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by magewish4, Dec 1, 2015.

1. magewish4

magewish4 Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been going nuts bouncing from site to site trying to get basic info for modding, so I was trying to dump a bunch of what I've found onto the wiki's modding section. Is there a format for these pages I should be following? It looks pretty empty, so I've just started putting stuff in there as simply as I can. :/

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

What pages specifically? The data pages are regenerated automatically from the game assets, so there's no point in changing those (but if you see a problem with them, please let us know). Are you talking about having some guide pages?

3. magewish4

magewish4 Pangalactic Porcupine

Dunto likes this.
  4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I think it's fine there but @Katzeus could say for sure. I like the property table, that should make it easier for people to learn about how the JSON files work. As far as the LUA functions go, the auto-generated documentation is supposed to be making a return at some point, the devs just haven't had time to get it going again yet. I personally think it would be handy to have it on the wiki as well, but since it wouldn't be auto-updated there someone would have to be sure to stay on it (probably not as big of an issue once 1.0 hits). Just a heads up.

Looks good though, I think it'll be a nice modding reference to have. :D