1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Treasure Biome

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Degenerate Pixel, Mar 2, 2014.

1. MarcusDemonicus

MarcusDemonicus Space Kumquat

wow!
    ***swoosh***(hand over head gesture)

2. Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, what is this "Heck biome" I keep reading about? I've seen it mentioned several times by the devs. Is it the prude version of Hell or something?

3. WtfzillaBro

WtfzillaBro Guest

http://starbounder.org/Heck_Mini_Biome

4. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Is it a biome that constantly plays this song?

5. neil_v

neil_v Big Damn Hero

The music is good. The lyrics are absolutely abhorrent, and the auto tune is just enough to ruin the singing for me. The producer did an excellent job though, the song is very catchy. Bruno Mars is a complete Twat, with a capital T.

Serenity likes this.
  6. ESquidHD

ESquidHD Void-Bound Voyager

What sector and type of planet do these Treasures spawn on?

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

as far as I know any...

8. ThunderBeta

ThunderBeta Big Damn Hero

Did somebody say a biome made of treasure?
    [​IMG]
    Game of the year 11/10

9. MrRex

MrRex Astral Cartographer

What if the Devs said they added the treasure biome but never did as a way to get people to keep playing and searching for something thats not there?
    Ive personally cored out 64 planets covering 11k cheap lights worth of area searching for this and havent found it.
    Im not the only one, there has been no positive conformation of a player finding it online since its "release" to the game, in this or any of a half dozen other sites with SB coords.
    I've even asked around on a few servers and still no one has found it....

If it is in the game, why bother having it at all if not a single person can find it?

If I'm wrong and someone has found the treasure horde please reply (preferably with a screenshot or coords or something).

10. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

You'll know it when you suddenly get a cool hat/whip and a boulder starts rolling towards you.

11. Symmetry

Symmetry Poptop Tamer

I would agree, and I am basically certain the biome was not correctly implemented. There are zero records of anyone finding it so far, and I've cored, at the very least, 50 planets searching for the new biome, and have found nothing. The treasure horde may have escaped us because it is most likely a tiny egg-shaped room much like the underground Apex labs or underground sewer station (not the dungeon), though because the biome is not in the game I highly doubt the horde is in the game either.

This is not unexpected as the Heck biome had many various problems when it was implemented. We can hope that they catch the mistake and fix it next patch.

12. Lord Bit

Lord Bit Space Penguin Leader

This is so fun! A "treasure" biome that nobody could find? What if it literally has tons of treasure, with tons of chests with tons of pixels and other goodies? Maybe the rewards for it will be great which is why it's so hard to find.

13. Symmetry

Symmetry Poptop Tamer

It's going to contain what's shown here : http://starbounder.org/Treasure_Room#tab=Contains, http://starbounder.org/Treasure_Hoard_Block, possibly some of the rarer items already in the game within the crates/chests, and most likely a few thousand pixels. Having an absurdly hard-to-find underground biome is a great concept, but I think it's become exceedingly clear that something went wrong with it's implementation for it to be "this hard", ie it's not in the game.

Grimmturd likes this.
  14. AlMcFly

AlMcFly Subatomic Cosmonaut

Incredibly cool concept.

15. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

Oh my. I could say that I'm a somewhat greedy person when it comes to looting, so this seems pretty great. Want.

16. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Treasure Biome.... or Derrick....
    Treasure Biome.... or Derrick....

I'M SO CONFLICTED ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR! (though I won't continue playing until the upgradable ships and final planet wipe takes place)
    :cry:

17. TheBigBlueSerpent

TheBigBlueSerpent Existential Complex

Muuuuust find first...

18. themightyadam

themightyadam Void-Bound Voyager

wow, that's some cool stuff. I'll be honest, I definitely want insanely rare statues and stuff in the Universe! because my ship is going to be a freaking museum.
    nice find btw.

19. TheBigBlueSerpent

TheBigBlueSerpent Existential Complex

Dig out the world!

20. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I say it's an April Fool's Joke!