Treasure Adventure World pre-orders are now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Pancoar

Pancoar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Guess what, Red said 1.2 is coming October 1st, and it's adding a ton of stuff. And yes, it's actually coming out.

2. Solarius

Solarius Aquatic Astronaut

Lol yes and no, Tiy was part of development for Terraria, and the genre of both games is revatively the same excluding the fact that Starbound is more massive in exploration. :)

3. Keadin

Keadin Big Damn Hero

That leaves them 3 months to get the beta in a playable state and to then polish the game sufficiently for its official release. Colour me sceptical...

Pingeh likes this.
  4. Ortales

Ortales Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wasn't exactly citing the law since kickstarters and preorders are a gray area, but sadly there would be a lot of bad press for chucklefish and starbound.
    The post is not about the beta is about the full release. No beta is specified on that image.

cwolf042 likes this.
  5. Chamomileable

Chamomileable Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

I'm no math expert but I'm pretty sure nearly 2 million dollars would have cut a bit off of the development cycle. Considering it's September and we've got 3 more months to come before 2014 I'm not so sure that things would have gotten here any faster if there were no preorders. I don't even care at this point as long as the game comes out before I have children and start drawing SSI, but Chucklefish needs to get it together on PR.

bebigy, Pingeh and Seathless like this.
  6. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

that image does not state "Beta release 2013" it says "Starbound is going to make it out in 2013 no matter what"

Bartwe has already said that it won't make it out till 2014, meaning the statement on that image is a lie

Metaphoenix78 and Pingeh like this.
  7. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

It would help if most of the negativity was anything more than impatience most the time, which stands out regardless of the fantastical justifications you can see on a daily basis. Some critical posts survive quite well as long as people are being constructive and not just pulling the same old, "Ah mah gad Chucklefish why you do this raaaagh", posts

I agree that there should be no reason to defend the devs....but only if it was freaking deserved in the first place

8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Holy hell there are a lot of vicious selfish arrogant people in this post. This is not a post about starbound. Keep the bloody bitching about Starbound for Starbound posts.

Sir Ginger Ale likes this.
  9. Keadin

Keadin Big Damn Hero

Exactly my point. Before a full release we'll be getting a beta, and the full release must be within 3 months or so, so the beta would be before that. Which is what I said, 3 months to get the beta in a playable state ánd polish the game for release.

Considering how pre-orders have started a long time ago and we've thrown 1.8 million (!!!) dollars at Tiy, and we still don't have anywhere near even a HINT of a beta, I simply don't trust the devs to get everything done in those 3 short months. 3 months during which apparently some of the devs have more important things to do than work on the game.

I'm not going to threaten with a refund, I do still want to play the game, but my anticipation so far has had a shotgun put up in its mouth and the trigger pulled, my experience is soured...

Pingeh likes this.
  10. Seathless

Seathless Subatomic Cosmonaut

This thread went south extremely fast.

GoldenAgeOf likes this.
  11. cwolf042

Chucklefish practices will be complained about on ALL chucklefish boards without discrimination.

Jim Jones, Nemesis-489 and Retrovet like this.
  12. Ortales

Sorry, I got you wrong, I though you were saying that the image referred to the beta.

Keadin likes this.
  13. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

And this is why we can't have nice things. Because of people like you

14. Retrovet

Retrovet Void-Bound Voyager

And here we have a great example of irony...

15. cwolf042

:rofl:

16. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

No irony. Just the sad conclusion after having to wade through all the pages of the conversation so far and seeing far too much Starbound instead of Treasure Adventure Game which is a wonderful game deserving of such a remake.

Sir Ginger Ale likes this.
  17. cwolf042

It's on a News forum on the main page, not in TAG's individual forum area. Free discussion about the news is discussion about the news.... and a number of us feel like a Chucklefish admin saying "You should preorder this!" when many of us are still waiting on the LAST preorder we made is a bit hypocritical and not clearly thought out.

18. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

That would be true. If Chucklefish was NOT also a bloody publisher.

19. Ortales

Maybe we are not the factor here, maybe chucklefish practices are.

20. Retrovet

Retrovet Void-Bound Voyager

So telling people to only reply about Starbound in Starbound related posts isn't ironic when you consider that this is a Starbound forum page...

Jim Jones and Paddon like this.