RELEASED Tractor Mod *

Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently use tools, fertilise or seed crops, etc.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DragonDreads Thanks for the suggestion! I do want to support that eventually. It's disabled for now because the game behaves strangely when you dig up an artifact spot from a horse (which the tractor is internally).

DragonDreads likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tractor Mod 4.2 is now available! Changes in this release:
      • Updated to SMAPI 2.1.
      • Added support for the axe clearing weeds (default) and live crops (optional).
      • Added support for seasonal textures.
      • Added compatibility with Farm Expansion and Seed Bag.
      • Added support for controller & mouse bindings.
      • Added Portuguese translations by Fabilows and TaelFayre.
      • Switched to SMAPI update checks.

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello. Someone requested for me to recolour your garage to fit my Black and White (seasonal) buildings. I hope this is okay for you.
        I've made sure to link your original mod to it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@tiffy961 Recolors are welcome! Can you post them here too for us to see?

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Pathoschild likes this.
          • DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

@Pathoschild Sorry to bother you again, but I've a question. I've noticed that at times the tractors 1HP sound seems faster than at other times. i.e when leaving the farm the tractor seems to gallop but when I get off of it to talk to someone or go into a store when I come back and get back on it the sound is slower as is the riding animation. Is this normal?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DragonDreads I think that's a game bug; I've seen the same happen with the regular horse.

DragonDreads likes this.
              • DragonDreads

@Pathoschild Thanks for the reply. I've a different suggestion, though not sure if it would work or could even be implemented, but is there anyway to get the tractor to work with planting grass starters? Replanting the animal's fields by hand is a pain.

• Kybble

Kybble Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild
                  I'm getting an error log in my SMAPI that says the "Tractor Mod failed on entry and might not work properly." Then it gives me a list of the technical details.
                  This is as of the 2.2 SMAPI update.

I haven't progressed far enough in my new play to know if the mod actually will work or not.
                  I'm also not sure I have the funds on my main play to purchase the tractor.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Kybble

Kybble Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild
                    The file I had wasn't any different from what was available (since I just downloaded the mod today), but when I deleted it and replaced it with a fresh download, it worked just fine. .n.
                    So no issues now, was probably just something wonky with my download.

Good to go now. o:

Pathoschild likes this.
                    • DragonDreads

@Pathoschild Thanks. That would be great if you wouldn't mind giving me some advice on how to get it to work with the custom items.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DragonDreads It's not possible yet, but I'll add support for custom items in an upcoming version. :)

DragonDreads likes this.
                        • DragonDreads

@Pathoschild Yes, it's me again. Just a feedback thing I noticed. The experimental option to pass through trellis crops doesn't always work. Whether for harvesting or watering the tractor will get stuck. If I jump off of it, move to the side and get back on, it will sometimes reset and work again. And now for yet another question. The speed of the tractor, I know in the config file there is a setting for it but as I'm quite a mod newbie I'm not sure how to go about changing the speed to make it just a tad bit faster... like on par with the horse. Unless one of my mods changes the horse speed and I'm just too blind to have noticed it that is.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DragonDreads Yep, that option is experimental because it doesn't work reliably yet. ;)

You can open the config.json file in a text editor to change the speed. Find the TractorSpeed setting, and change the value from -2 to 0 to match the horse.

DragonDreads likes this.
                            • DragonDreads

Thank you so much.

• Haindash

Haindash Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there,
                                I am running SMAPI 2.2
                                I only have the Tractor Mod to test it alone.
                                When I enter Robin's house and open her shop, game froze, had to kill it.
                                https://log.smapi.io/1ub0pNXC
                                Maybe it's not compatible for SMAPI 2.2? The last post I saw mentionned SMAPI 2.1

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Haindash. Tractor Mod should work fine with the latest SMAPI. Does this always happen when you open her shop, or only once? Can you try it again, then post a screenshot of the SMAPI console when the game freezes?

• Haindash

Haindash Aquatic Astronaut

Hi @Pathoschild ,

Thanks for responding.
                                    So I tried again. When I open and choose 'Construct Farm Building' I get the spinning wheel and task manager saying "Not Responding"
                                    There's nothing special on the SMAPI console to see. Game just froze and I have to kill it.
                                    I'm on Mac by the way.

Last login: Tue Dec 19 17:54:53 on ttys000

haindash@MacBook-Pro-de-Anais ~ $ /Users/haindash/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew\ Valley/Contents/MacOS/StardewModdingAPI.bin.osx ; exit;

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.2 with Stardew Valley 1.2.33 on Unix 17.2.0.0

[SMAPI] Mods go here: /Users/haindash/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Mods

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150

Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198032566411 [API loaded no]

[SMAPI] Loaded 1 mods:

[SMAPI] Tractor Mod 4.2 by Pathoschild | Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently work with crops, clear twigs and rocks, etc.

[SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage

Killed: 9

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Opération terminée]

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard