1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiy reveals information about armor

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Stompopolos, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stompopolos

Stompopolos Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

Or just send all your credit card details to Chucklefish.

Sgt. Sprocket likes this.
  2. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

holy bawls there's gonna be so many armor sets @_@
    can't wait to collect them all

thanks for the info :up:

3. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

I really hope they don't end up bowing to all the pressure from impatient people and release an incomplete version of the game.

Corrupt Ai likes this.
  4. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

well it's possible the pre-order beta that is a possibility at the time-would send people the game without the main story, and perhaps a few things missing here and there
    in which case the final release date ought to be set in stone

i wouldn't think the beta we would be shipped would be too lack luster if the full game were to be released maybe a month or less-perhaps a bit longer-after the pre-order goes live

did anything i type make sense?

5. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

ok. Weird I follow his twitter daily and hadn't seen it. Still cool. I'm trying to decide if I would want to pre-order the open beta...

6. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

i don't follow his twitter but i do check it fairly often, and i don't recall ever seeing that picture on there or anywhere else either @_@

7. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Im just plain against a beta. People can wait. They deserve to wait at this point.

My faith in humanity to do simple good things for any period of time is so low that you couldnt find its temperature on the Kelvin scale.

Kumagoro, Corrupt Ai, Ephexis and 3 others like this.
  8. Iciko

Iciko Void-Bound Voyager

I thought admins had @s behind their name..

9. Chamber

Chamber Astral Cartographer

Well I, and I'm sure many others really hope they do. If you're against beta so much, then don't play it and wait for the complete release.

Klengo likes this.
  10. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

But Tiy is special

11. MasacruAlex

MasacruAlex Phantasmal Quasar

I hope it doesn't resemble to wear the LAST ARMOR, I hate that in opened games. In Skyrim for example, I'd love to wear light armor, mostly with fur (If I'd also get armor mods) because of the winter and I'd like to role play it, so I hope each armor benefits you in a way more than usual, so wearing a something with fur, will do good on the ice planets and so on.

12. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

Screens have a tendancy to not accept notes.

try using coins.

13. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

Telling someone to not ____ if they ___ has always been the most silly of responses, as well as the most bothersome of casual brush-offs in regards to the whole issue. It's pretty much like telling the person that their displeasure in regards to something is unneeded, and that they shouldn't voice it. Really now, if you honestly take the moment to think about such phrasings, is it honestly that easy? Especially when said people are likely just as anxious as you to play?

People who hope for a more complete release have a point just as valid as those who are falling over themselves desiring that it be released before being fully finished. Dismissing these people is never a good thing to do. I myself am impatient and have a small hope that they will release a beta, but at the same time I'm A-okay with them waiting and releasing the full game. There are other things that can occupy one's time besides waiting for a game to come out.

14. Some Robot species armor sneak-peek
    [​IMG]

(sorry if posted already)

Not sure if actual shots or just fanart:badpokerface:

Reimburst likes this.
  15. Chamber

Chamber Astral Cartographer

I don't see why certain people on these forums are so against the game having a beta, to the point where they state that almost every time they get the opportunity to. There is literally no downsides to having a beta, hence why 90% of other games DO have one.
    Also likewise to what you said, it's not okay to dismiss the people that do want the game to have a beta. Nobody wants the game to be released with tons of bugs.
    The devs alone will not find all the bugs in the game at release, it's just not going to happen. Having the game be released early in beta will help alleviate that problem.
    Also I'm sorry but how is "Telling someone to not ____ if they ___ has always been the most silly of responses" a silly response? It isn't because it really is that simple. Nothing is stopping them (other than themselves) from waiting for the game to be fully released. In fact the way I see it, everyone gets the best of both worlds then.

SproutDog likes this.
  16. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Then let me spell it out for you why a beta is a terrible idea. Some people, even with an NDA, an ordinance from God, and being watched by thugs with tire irons, just cant shut up about something new and exciting. In the event of a Beta here, not playing the game does not solve not knowing what happens in the game, because some numbnut WILL eventually start spewing out details about it. Remember Terraria? People are bound to talk, and then they are bound to sink and become food for the fish.

I think its a pretty nice thing theyre doing, keeping us in suspense. Half the journey is just getting there. :) And the other half is beating the crap out of horrible tentacled things from space -w-

Ephexis, Corrupt Ai and Soup like this.
  17. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

cant wait to see the rest of the armour in game.

18. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

this makes me wonder, can you steal like things from shop people but get attacked from them for doing so?

19. SproutDog

SproutDog Void-Bound Voyager

The anticipation for Starbound is ruining my gaming experience with other games. I would play and enjoy this game infinitely in a buggy state. But really, I think they have just about all the bugs worked out by now, besides what they will find once everyone starts playing. I think they are just adding more content like art and items...and of coarse missions aren't done. We are very close to release and they are busting their hump. If missions are the only thing missing, then you're probably only missing a very small portion of the game. I can't wait to just planet hop over and over again. Pro-Beta!

20. SproutDog

SproutDog Void-Bound Voyager

Or knock them off and get a "drop from the shop"...instead of shop till you drop :iswydt:

Stompopolos and Kristopher like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.