1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiy question for community: Ideas for weapon mods

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NewLiar, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

hmm here are a few that i haven't seen in the list, unless i missed them:

Payday-Mod: make targets drop money on every hit with the modified weapon

Antigrav-Mod: make targets float uncontrollably for a short time, after the antigrav effect ends a slowfall effect is applied

Changeling-Mod: if you damage another player or npc with this weapon, it turns into a copy of his/her weapon

I hope those haven't been posted already.

2. [Non-lethal]: Always leaves one health point to the attacked mob. (May be useful if you try to catch a monster)

3. Lucky The Wolf

Lucky The Wolf Aquatic Astronaut

Voodoo: you can control monster\player for limited time. Night voodoo effect longer that day.

4. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

Kinetic capacitor: The weapon contains a highly advanced device that allows it to store kinetic energy, when the weapon is swung normally the capacitor gains charge. This kinetic charge can then be unleashed to magnify an otherwise normal attack into a devastatingly powerful blow. There are two general types of kinetic capacitors, one type that unleashes it's charge every X attacks (when the capacitor has hit full charge the energy is unleashed in the following strike), and one that unleashes it as a special attack. Capacitors can have different capacity, which determines how much charge can be stored and different efficiency, which determines how quickly it charges.

5. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

K.I.T.E. Field: The Kinetic-Ionizing-Propulsion-Externalizer field modifier adds an amount of knock-back proportional to the current player and enemy movement speed, with proportional energy drain. The faster either(or both) moves, the more knock-back it has. WARNING: Using on large enemies or on extremely fast enemies will cause the user to be knocked back as well.

6. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

if you hit a enemy with a sword, you'll do a fast combo one in a while -the rarer the sword the faster the combo speed-

7. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Konami [Weapon] :: it plays a little noise when you use your directional controls and main/secondary attacks to input the infamous code.

8. Electroman

Electroman Big Damn Hero

List tl;dr. I hope no one else said this.

Bacta-Coated: Your weapon of choice becomes Star Wars lolarious as you hit your enemy for 90% of their full health. They are then automatically healed back in after a time that is dictated by the weapon's rate of fire. They will always be healed before you can hit them again. It is impossible to kill using a weapon with this mod. It's for joke PVP lulz! :lolwut:

9. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

If I see any of you maggots running away from the frontline, I'll shoot you myself!

10. Yuzipi

Yuzipi Space Hobo

It's such a long read so I haven't a clue if this has been said.
    The weapon creates a white outline around an enemy, say if I was in a cave, darkened out with no source of lighting, I would easily get mauled by bears or the such because I'd not know where the enemy was, now with an outline, you are guaranteed to survive more often.

Just a thought.

11. Fantastic Mr. Legion

Fantastic Mr. Legion Phantasmal Quasar

Colossus reach: Sword has a chance to extend to amazing lengths and each attack will make you slam the sword on the ground damaging enemies
    Electric Boogaloo: Has a chance to shock an enemy and make them have an uncontrollable spasm
    Trance Chords: Attacks have a chance to send a bouncing soundwave (plays sounds) forward that knocks back enemies and stuns them temporarily
    Caustic Corruption: Attacks have a small chance to turn the enemy inside out, making them explode.

12. Yuzipi

Yuzipi Space Hobo

Forcefielding Sword: A sword which creates a enemy-zapping forcefield when you are injured severely.

13. JPandaGamer

JPandaGamer Industrial Terraformer

Damn, I can't use my colors because I'm on my phone...
    Whatever, I've got a nice idea.

Chaos: Chaos is measured in levels (Chaos-12 would be chaos level 12).Highest level of chaos is 30, lowest is 3. When a weapon with chaos attacks, it has a 70% chance to initiate chaos, where it picks a random ability from its list. Each level of chaos lengthens its list by 1. Each ability has an equal chance to proc. Weapons with chaos have very high damage, as they have a lot of abilities with negative effects. One example of a negative ability is one that can randomly teleport you when you hit something, or one that damages you rather than the enemy. A high ranking positive one would be disarming, % bonus damage, 1hko, super knockback or entering a high powered avatar state. Each ability on the list has a minimum requirement for chaos levels to obtain, like 1hko would require max level chaos (this is to create balance, as a level 30 chaos at 70% to proc would make it around 2% to get the 1hko ability). There will be roughly a 3/2 ratio between negative and positive abilities, respectively.

Tl;dr: Chaos: 70% chance to use a random ability/ get a radom buff/debuff. Chaos varies in levels; higher levels extend the list of abilities the weapon can use.
    Edit: I've been too busy to fix up the original post on a comp, so I just made a Tl;dr for you to use

14. Yuzipi

Yuzipi Space Hobo

Web Sword: A sharp, glistening greatsword with a slick of silver running down the middle, trimmed with refined gold. It is strong and useful and sometimes traps the enemy in a dome of web, enclosing the opposer in a sticky... strangely soft, nasty end.

15. Anris

Anris Phantasmal Quasar

Phantom sword:attacks have a % chance of phase shifting an enemy for a short time,making them harmless.
    Gene stealer:a sword that has a chance of turning an enemy in a passive mob for a while.
    Reverse vengeance:a mod that makes attacking enemies take damage,and you take damage if you attack for a while.

Yuzipi likes this.
  16. Mastaf

Mastaf Big Damn Hero

Chargables (only for Two-Handed)(LMB is attack and RMB is special by default)
    Version 1: Charges power on each hit, which, when full, can be unleashed as a powerful special attack by RMB.
    Version 2: Drains % of health and stores it, can be used whenever you want, it restores health by RMB.
    Version 3: The same as 2, but with Energy (just a thought).

17. JPandaGamer

-still on my phone, so sorry if there are typos or if it runs on (hard to gauge how much I type out on here)-
    Phoenix mod: consumes heavy amounts of energy to perform medium damaging fire-based attacks. When all energy is consumed, damage is greatly reduced, but it increases your energy regeneration rate massively for a short period of time.

18. NewLiar

NewLiar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't worry, I'll update the list tomorrow. ;)

19. JPandaGamer

Awesome, I'll be sure to refine my posts by then (I should be able to cut my chaos post in half at least xD)

NewLiar likes this.
  20. HappyVader

HappyVader Big Damn Hero

I think somebody mentioned a teleporting weapon that teleports to the enemy.

So, I got to thinking...

What if you had a melee weapon with a chance to teleport the ENEMY into the air 10 meters? Whether the fall would hurt them or not, it would be hilarious, and can even be a useful tool for getting away from creatures (especially if it didn't matter if underground, and creatures got stuck in the rocks ~_^)