Story The Wonderful (or not so wonderful, if you choose) life of Nicholas.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Mr.Lincolnham, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Mr.Lincolnham

Mr.Lincolnham Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, and welcome to a... story, I guess. Of a guy. A guy named Nicholas. I don't know what he looks like. I guess he has a beard. And brown hair. And purple undies. But that doesn't matter, does it? And a jacket. Aaagh!! I'm getting carried away. So, you are here for a story, correct? Well, I wont be writing it all. You will. You, there, in the chair. Or the Sofa. Or the bed. Or wherever you happen to be. I will supply a starter story, and you can build off of that, ok? 2. Don't make it inappropriate and unnecessarily, You know, don't make people stare at the screen like :eek: or D: and make them want to :viking: :chrono:. Got that? Okay. 3. No killing off Nicholas. That would make the story suck. Oh, and by the way, he has a penguin. Now you are ready. GO!

2. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Honestly, you can't expect random people to write your story for you...

3. Mr.Lincolnham

Mr.Lincolnham Void-Bound Voyager

i know. i just wanted to see what would happen. i honestly dont care.

4. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

His last name better be Cage, so help me god.

Sparksol likes this.
  5. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

We already know his story, hes a vampire!

6. Isiaic

Isiaic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One day, Nicholas woke to the face of his penguin. Nicholas had woken up like this for the past month and so far nothing interesting had happened. Nicholas had come to the conclusion that he had the most boring life on earth. He hadn't even changed his underpants. But it was his life. He got up, like yesterday, put on his jacket, stroked his beard, and walked out the door.

The sky was a lovely shade of green, just like yesterday, and Nicholas began his daily walk around the colony. All the other colonists were out and about, like always. Today was going to be another "BEEP BEEP!" "WHAM".

A dark blue hover car rammed into Nicholas as he was crossing the street causing him to shoot into the air. When he came down, he bounced off the street, knocked over an elderly lady, and came to a rest in the coffe shop. The first thing Nicholas realized was that he was alive, and unhurt, for the most part. The second thing he realized was the guy in the blue vest.

"What, who?" Nicholas asked.

"Oh don't mind me," replied the blue vested guy, " just thought I'd give your life a bit of a kick."

"Did you have to use a car?"

"Cars are fascinating, besides it can't kill you."

"What?"

"That was one of the requirements left by the author, 'Don't kill Nicholas' so nothing I can do can kill you."

"WHAT!"

"Listen, it's been fun but I got to go. You shouldn't be bothered for some time. Hopefully. Also don't change you underpants."

"Why?"

"Just don't. So long Nicholas."

WoxandWarf, Wintorn, Amfumi and 2 others like this.
  7. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Nicolas stood up slowly. Nothing was broken, but he had a feeling he wouldn't want to get up the next morning. The man in the blue vest was gone. He hadn't even apologized for running Nicolas over.

Wintorn likes this.
  8. Isiaic

Well another month had come and gone and for the most part, Nicholas' life had gone on...predictably. No men in blue vests ran him over for a full thirty days since that last incident. Nicholas still wouldn't go anywhere near the road though. Nowadays he preferred to duck out his back door and take a walk in the park. The sky was a beautiful shade of green, and the early autumn breeze blew through the leaves of the trees carrying the faintest smell of lavender. Nicholas was traveling down one of the many stone pathways that laced throughout the park, leading visitors to the hover courts, the jelly pond, and the picnic hills. Although Nicholas tended to visit all of them before the day was over, on this particular day he decided to treat himself to the tallest hill in the park, which boasted a spectacular view of the landscape with the skyscrapers of the colony far of in the distance.

After a good deal of legwork Nicholas made it to the top of the hill. Surprisingly, it was empty, save for a picnic table with a lone radio playing music. Slightly concerned Nicholas approached the table cautiously. There was nothing off about the table or the radio, except that someone had left it on and wandered off. The trees around the hill were thick enough so that no hover cars could sneak up on him, unless they went over the trees, but that was illegal. Despite his sinking feeling, Nicholas was tired and walked up to the table to sit down. Just as Nicholas sat down on the bench of the table the music stopped and a voice spoke.

"HELLO!" Blared the voice. Nicholas jerked back and fell off the bench flat onto his back. "My fellow colonists." It was just Linda, the local broadcaster. Nicholas got back up, brushed off his jacket and sat down. "Isn't it a wonderful morning today? Forecasts show that the weather will hold throughout the day. And now for the sports numbers..." Nicholas did what he always did when Linda started talking, dreamed of the day she would stop talking. At least, until she said, "Oh my god! That can't...oh god. Colonists! COLONISTS! Urgent news. A wild herd of Poptops is rampaging through the park, reports say that they are headed for the picnic area, I repeatadfjdsfhi...." Static overtook the voice of Linda and immediately gave way to another voice.

"Oh Nicholas!!!" sang out an all too familiar voice. He was back. "If you're listening, and I know you are...Run!" Just then, twenty Poptops burst forth from the tree line. Nicholas had no idea how he could possibly survive this. Then the poptops stopped. Behind them the trees began to shake ferociously. The ground shook at Nicholas' feet. From the tree line a dark blue Poptop tender stomped into the clearing. A mighty roar erupted from it's throat and the poptops jumped in delight at it's feet. Nicholas forgot all thoughts about surviving, now he had no idea how he would die. The tender roared again. Though Nicholas did have an idea.

Wintorn, Amfumi and Zoolot like this.
  9. Isiaic

It was that time of the month again. That time. That time when the sun shines brighter than ever, the bees sing in the breeze, and neighbors walk along the streets greeting each other as friendly as they could be. And Nicholas would have nothing to do with it. Yesterday morning, Nicholas had set to fortify himself against the upcoming phenomena which had plague him for two months. The phenomena that wore a blue vest. The first time Nicholas had only been hit by a car. Small stuff compared to the month after that, when he became infamous as the man who was swallowed whole by a Poptop Tender and consequently thrown up later. Looking back on the event however, he still wondered why the Tender ate a park bench, a book, a flashlight and nothing else. But Nicholas had stopped questioning things. Logic lost all meaning a month ago, now Nicholas simply accepted impossible, and boy was he ready.

Being the only known living creature to survive being swallowed whole by a Tender earned Nicholas a great deal of fame. In just one day the price of his blood had skyrocketed, and everyone wanted to see the surviving hero. All that fame earned him a great deal of money, just enough to buy a small planet. Yet not knowing whether or not he would follow him (I would) Nicholas used his fortune instead to buy the defenses he needed to fight off anything and everything the blue vested man could throw at him. Five inches of super dense metal forged in the core of Planet, now a core-less planet, covered the entirety of his apartment, inside and out. After that he purchased the services of a small army composed of organics, non-organics, and everything in between that could hold a phaser, though some preferred slingshots, Nicholas didn't ask why. And after all that, Nicholas still had enough to buy a cannon. He didn't know how it worked, didn't care how it worked or if it would destroy the universe, all he cared about was that it would bombard whatever he wanted with the full force of a highly unstable, probably illegal, supernova compacted into a ten foot wide cannon ball resting inside the cannon recently mounted to his bed frame. When the sun rose this morning, Nicholas was ready. He would stay tucked away deep within the confines of his soft, safe bed until this cursed day blew over. He didn't care he won the lottery or if Miss Universe asked to marry him, he would beat this thing if it was the last thing he ever did.

An hour passed by, and then another, and another, yet Nicholas refused to let his guard down. He asked each of his platoons to report over an encrypted radio signal every minute, one after the other, listening intently for anything that sounded suspicious, anything that would signal his return. An hour passed by, and then another, and another, all without Nicholas moving an inch under the covers of his bed. Noon passed by uneventfully. Nicholas wondered, as he chewed the lunch he had stored beneath his pillow, whether the Blue Vested Man (That's me!) had already made his move (I hadn't). To be safe he continued with the plan and watched as the seconds of the day ticked away. It was around 4:27 p.m. that Nicholas began to question his sanity, but he had created a copy of his consciousness just in case, so he was all good. Hour after hour after hour ticked away and nothing, absolutely nothing. 'This is his game,' thought Nicholas, 'He wants me to think I'm safe, lower my defenses! But it won't work! It won't work!' Nicholas chuckled to himself beneath the covers. 'But what if...' Nicholas choked on his own breath mid chuckle. 'What if this is his game, toying with my mind, doing nothing when he knows I know he'll do something. No! Stop that! Stick to the plan, stick to the plan!'

Another minute ticked by, 10:17. The platoons signaled off. "Alpha, nothing to report." "Beta, nothing to report." "Charlie, easiest ten grand ever made." "Delta, nothing to report." Nicholas would remember Charlie when it came time to give out the Christmas bonus. "Omega, nothing to report." "Pirates, nothing to report." "Qu-"

Nicholas gripped the radio so tight his knuckles turned white. "REPEAT THAT!"

The radio stayed silent when suddenly, "Omega, noth-"

"NOT YOU!!!" shouted Nicholas, "AFTER YOU!"

The radio was silent again. "You mean us?"

Nicholas recognized the voice, "YES YOU! WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR PLATOON!!!"

There was a pause, "Pirates."

KABOOOM!

The house shook, which was physically impossible. Then Nicholas heard another voice, from inside his bedroom.

"Yar-har-fiddle-dee-dee, do what'cha cause a pirate is free! Yar-har-fiddle-dee-dee, you are a-" Nicholas ripped away the covers, grabbed the canon and fired, barely catching the glimpse of a blue vest beneath a pirate coat. The room erupted in bright light, there was no sound, which was odd, but Nicholas didn't question it. He couldn't feel his bed anymore, which led him to question why he had released a super nova in his bedroom. All in all not the smartest thing to do. He was starting to find the whole experience quite peaceful, until it he face planted the ground and it ended.

The first thing he realized was that his house was gone. (What he didn't realize was that the five inches of super dense metal contained the super nova just long enough to be vaporized, leaving rest of the city unscathed, well, at least by his hands). The second thing he noticed was the Blue Vested Man. His pirate coat was gone and his clothes and skin where covered in a fine layer of soot. He coughed, puffing a cloud of ash into the air. Beneath the soot his mouth curved down into a sour frown.

"I had a parrot," he said curtly, looking at small pile of ash. Nicholas...really didn't know how to respond to that. "Alright," continued the Blue Vested Man a bit maliciously. "Normally I would love to stay and lead my not so merry band of pirates against your small army, but-" He pulled a jar out from behind his back and bent down near the pile of ash,"- I have to go revive Polly now so-" he began to scoop "Polly" into the jar "- I'm just going to let Space Pirates with definitely illegal weapons and way too much time do what Space Pirates with definitely illegal weapons and way too much time do."

"But!" stuttered Nicholas.

"So long, Nicholas." The Blue Vested Man gave Nicholas a two finger salute and vanished.

Amfumi and Wintorn like this.
  10. Pixelstomp

Pixelstomp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nicholas woke up to find himself in the middle of the street. It took him seconds to begin running, after a car whizzed by him. As he sprinted to the sidewalk, a semi-truck rammed him in the side, sending blood along the street. The driver got out, screaming. "Oh God, I'm so sorry, I'll buy you a beer!" The man pulled out a needle from his car and poked Nicholas in the face with it. "Sorry, I only have Beer-Shots! Wait, this isn't a beer shot. It's a death shot." Nicholas fell over, convulsing. He soon woke up in the hospital. A nurse was over him, performing CPR. As she pressed her lips onto Nick's, Nick realized she'd stop after he was awake. Might as well make the best of it, Nick thought to himself. Nick wrapped his arms around her and began smooching her. She screamed and pressed an alarm. After 2 minutes of lipstick-stained love, a doctor ran in and began slapping Nick with a stick. Nick pushed the nurse off, and looked at her nametag. "Nurse Arriela." He looked at the doctor's name tag. "Doctor Arriela." The Doctor grabbed an IV bag and popped a hole in it, and began squirting the liquid into Nick's face. Nick leaped out the window, onto a coincidental plane that was flying suspiciously close to the ground. "Thanks," Nick said, as he hung onto the wing. The pilot yelped and leaped out the window. The plane crashed into the ground, tumbling over and over, until it crushed Nick.

Nick woke up from the dream. "Wow, that was crazy. That nurse chick was pretty hot, though..."

11. Isiaic

The air was cold today. Had been for the last few days. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't for the fact that heating was a luxury nowadays. The pirates had taken out most of the planets infrastructure in the first week of attacks. Whole cities fell one by on shortly afterwords. The pirates would move over the planet like an infestation, stopping only to raid and enslave cities, unless of course, they ran into Nicholas. Ever since the attacks started, Nicholas had led his small army against the pirates with too much time and definitely illegal weapons. Though every time Nicholas seemed to make progress, the Pirates would push him back. After a month of hollow victories, the pirates pushed Nicholas into the last "free" city on the planet, defended by Nicholas and inhabited by a quarter of the planet's former population.

Life in the city was...decent. It was the one place on the planet where spontaneous enslavement wasn't an issue, but it was hard. The whole city lived off of rations, and there was the whole no heating dilemma. But faced with the alternative, life didn't seem so bad. As long as it lasted. Pirates attacked daily but this city was built for that. Tall walls encompassed the city from colonial days, when savage aliens attacked the city daily. Massive underground storerooms were built beneath the city whenever hordes made travel outside impossible. Long range turrets were later added to help with expansion. Yet for all it's benefits, the city was old. The walls were crumbling, and the turrets hadn't been fired for a century before the pirates attacked. On top of that, food stores were running out. Something would have to change, fast.

Nicholas stood atop the ancient walls of the city, looking out over the county side. The land was mostly flat around the city, which made it easy to see the pirates when they approached. Right now the sky's were clear. Granted there could be a scout cloaked out there not 10 ft away, but Nicholas tried not to think about that. One of his lieutenants climbed up through a trap door next to him. Most of the platoons took up residence within the walls. Pirates attacked fast and left faster, therefore every soldier had to be ready. Though few went out on the walls outside of battle, except for the scouts and Nicholas. Each platoon would send their lieutenant out to find Nicholas when they had special requests. This time it was Wittly from Charlie, a grey feathered Avian.

"Sir," he shouted while giving a salute.

"What is it Wittly," asked Nicholas, still focused on the horizon.

Wittly let his salute fall and said, "Charlie is chilly, Sir. As are a good deal of the other platoons."

Nicholas let out a sigh. He and his platoons had been through a lot the past month. Originally there had been 25 platoons. Now there were only 10; Charlie, Delta, Foxtrot, Gamma, Omega, Psi, Sigma,Theta, Wilhelm, and Zeta. Some were killed, others had mutinied. Those that survived this long were trapped on the planet with Nicholas and the civilians. Nicholas feared that more of the platoons would mutiny if matters didn't improve, but part of him knew they wouldn't. Nicholas's soldiers had developed a respect for Nicholas, partly due to his ability to leap head first into battle and still come out unscathed. And outside of battle, Nicholas looked out for the platoons, regulating rations, acting as a mediator during disagreements, do what he could to make them comfortable, despite the current conditions.

Nicholas' mouth tightened into a frown. Heat would be difficult. The pirates bombed all of the power plants on the planet when they first arrived. A few engineers from Wilhelm fixed up the local plant as much as they could, but all of that power went straight to civilian defenses. Also the pirates had looted the city stores for jewelry and torched the rest. The residential areas had been enslaved, and then bombed, so all of that was trashed. They would have to get heat some other way. Nicholas turned around and looked into the ravaged city below. Almost all of the buildings were destroyed, but a few were still standing, slightly charred but standing. A whole block of warehouses hadn't even been touched.

"Wittly," asked Nicholas. "What do you think is kept in those warehouses?" Nicholas stuck out his finger pointing past the rubble of the city.

Wittly looked towards the building and scratched his chin. "I don't know, could be anything."

Nicholas thought on this for a moment. "Tell Psi to go check it out, and bring back anything we can wear or burn; sheets, curtains, furniture, anything. Then when they're done with that, tell them to split up and comb the rubble for the same things. They won't find much, but they might find something."

"Yes Sir," said Wittly with another salute as he bent down to open the trap door.

"Wittly," Nicholas asked quickly. Wittly stopped and looked up at his commander. "Is there any word from the outside world?"

Wittly shut his eyes and shook his head. "No Sir," replied Wittly solemnly, "Sector is still under quarantine: Code-"

"Dark-Blue," finished Nicholas clenching his right hand into a fist.

"Yes Sir."

Nicholas remained silent. Wittly took that as his cue to relay orders, and climbed back down into the walls.

Amfumi likes this.
  12. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Space Penguin Leader

Just then it dawned on Nicholas....

"MY PENGUIN!", He exclaimed hastily.

He had forgotten about his beloved penguin. He pondered for a moment, 'that day the Blue vested man had ran me down on the street; could it have been my penguin named Blue?'

Burying his face into his hands, tears sweeling up in his eyes. He cried out

"BLUE! how could you do this to me how could you put my world into a code dark blue status, you bastard."

He morned his dreadful situation for hours until Wittly reappeared.

Wittly Snaping to attention and rendering his salute.

"Sir, Psi has returned with his report"

"AND!" Nicholas stated with rage and sadness.

"Fish sir, the warehouses are full of fish" Wittly stated flatly

"Ofcourse..." Nicholas sobbed.

Amfumi likes this.
  13. Isiaic

"Hold strong men! Hold strong!" Shouted Nicholas at the top of his lungs. A pirate skirmisher flew by over head, smoke trailing from the thrusters. On the ground swarms of pirates made their way closer to squad Charlie, closing the distance between them.

"KA-BOOM" A ground shaking explosion sounded in the distance. Bullets and lasers immediately began to fly over the rubble in the distance. The Pirates halted their attack for a second, staring at the new skirmish occurring in the distance.

"NOW!" Commanded Wittly. All at the once, the entirety of squad Charlie leapt out from behind the rubble of the bombed city and opened fire upon their dazed attackers. Pirates all around them collapsed to the ground, some gripping their chests, sputtering out curses as they fell. By the time the pirates regained their senses, half of their numbers lay around them.

Someone behind their ranks shouted, "Fall back! FALL BACK!" The pirates ceased their attack and ran, scrambling over pebbles and rocks.

"HOLD YOUR GROUND BUT KEEP FIRING!!!" screamed Nicholas. The soldiers continued their onslaught, firing into the mass of fleeing pirates, who in the midst of their retreat would throw their heads back arching their spines and tumble over their feet, ceasing to move altogether.

Nicholas stood there, panting. After catching his breath for a bit, he brought his right hand to his ear and said, "Psi. Psi come in, what is your status?"

The radio remained silent.

"This is Commander Psi of squad Psi, reporting. The enemy skirmisher is ours Sir. Wilhelm is conducting repairs as we speak. They'll have her up and running in about half an hour."

"Excellent work Psi. We'll make our way towards you once we finish up here."

"By the way," continued Psi, "we found some crates in the cargo hold, and guess what was in them."

"If it's fish I want them burned."

"No, it's not fish Sir," said Psi, pausing for a second, then exclaiming with joy, "It's coats Sir! Winter coats!"

Nicholas was amazed. "Psi that's - that's amazing! Save one for me!"

Psi didn't reply. Finally after a rather unnerving silence, he responded, "Well you see Sir, there's plenty to go around but... They're blue Sir, all of them, even the ones from different brands."

'No' thought Nicholas. 'He can't be here. Not here. This was supposed to be a simple raid. Hide in the ruins of some long forgotten, bombed out city and wait for a skirmisher to come by on its patrol. Charlie would look like survivors who hadn't been enslaved yet, the skirmisher would land, deploy a small group of pirates, Charlie would kill them, they would send more, Charlie would kill them too, and when the skirmisher took off to get reinforcements, Psi would fire rockets into the thrusters, forcing it down, kill the remaining crew leaving Wilhelm to patch up the ship while Charlie scavenged weapons and armor off of the Pirates, in that order. Why would "He" choose to bother him now, sending him something he needed weeks ago!'

"Sir?" asked Psi, starting to feel concerned for his Commander.

Nicholas brought his hand back to his ear. "Distribute the coats and pack up the rest. And don't leave any behind, we'll only have just enough."

"And you Sir?"

"I'll stick with my old jacket, Psi. Dismissed."

Nicholas let his hand fall down to his waste. He stared off into space for a moment, not thinking of anything, just waiting, though for what he didn't know. Then he noticed that Wittly was staring at him.

"Get Charlie started on the scavenging, " Nicholas said dismissively.

Wittly stood at attention and with a swift salute gave a strong, "Yes Sir." And walked off to spread the word.

Nicholas returned to staring. 'Blue' he thought. 'He did disappear after I was run over, but where did he go? And why is that nurse in my dreams? Every night, different face, different person, different species for the love of the all the good left in the universe, but always the same name! Arriela.'

Nicholas let out a deep sigh. His life made less sense by the day. But it was his life, or at least part of it. ( Maybe ) Nicholas would hold onto it till it was taken away from him for good.

GreatOldOne and Amfumi like this.
  14. Pixelstomp

Pixelstomp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Isiaic is the only one who's taking this super-seriously:geek:

15. Wintorn

Wintorn Phantasmal Quasar

One day, Nicholas woke to the face Wittly, who was gently shaking him awake. Nicholas had woken up like this for the past two weeks and so far nothing interesting had happened. He still hadn't even changed his underpants. But it was his life now. He got up, like yesterday, put on his threadbare jacket, stroked his even bigger beard, and walked out the door.

The sky was a dusty shade of brown, just like yesterday, and Nicholas began his daily walk around the camp. All the other soldiers were out and about, like always. Today was going to be another-- "BEEP BEEP!" *WHAM*.

A dark red hover car rammed into Nicholas as he was crossing the street causing him to shoot into the air. When he came down, he bounced off the street, knocked over a poor Glitch, and came to a rest in the remnants of a coffee shop. The first thing Nicholas realized was that he was alive, and unhurt, for the most part. The second thing he realized was the Floran.
    "....Oh God, not again..."Groaned Nicholas.
    "Sssssorry." Said the Floran,"I didn't ssssee you there."
    "It's alright,"said Nicholas, getting up,"I'm pretty much used to it by now. And I should probably ask, are you here to cause me misery like Mr. Bluecoat?"
    "Why would I do that?"
    "Umm... I don't know."
    "Well, I won't messsss around with your life like 'Mr. Bluecoat.' In fact," said the mysterious Floran, "I'm here to help."

Amfumi and Isiaic like this.
  16. Isiaic

Far away from the intersection, atop one of the few skyscrapers left standing, a man in a blue vest looked down on the scene below. He arrived shortly after the sound of several tons of hover car ramming into a few pounds of Nicholas rang throughout the city. When he saw the figure talking to Nicholas his eyes widened in surprise. Then as the conversation continued, he grinned, subtly at first, but it quickly grew into a wide toothy devilish grin.

"Oh yes. This will be fun."

Amfumi likes this.
  17. Wintorn

Wintorn Phantasmal Quasar

...what have I gotten myself into.

Amfumi likes this.
  18. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

one day Nicholas woke up... and realized he and his penguin were hanging over a volcano with a floran watching him about to be sacrficed
    :nich: WHA- IDINT EVEN PUT O N MY BIERD
    :floran: calm down your making spelling errors also you can't die since the guy who made this thread sssaid you can't I just wanna see how you survive
    ::nich:........WHAT???????
    *THAP* AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    then his penguin started flying with Nicholas on his back and they flew to Hawaii :floran:..... ok maybe I should stop eating that weird eyeplant I found by the eye trees

19. Isiaic

Nicholas woke up in a strange room. He was lying down on a bronze catwalk running through the center of a large bronze sphere. There where to large bronze doors at each end of the catwalk. Massive gears filled the space not occupied by the catwalk, and throughout the room there was the audible sound of "Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock".

Nicholas sat up. In the middle of the catwalk a control station with various assortments of buttons, knobs, and monitors stuck out in a half circle facing a giant swinging pendulum. Standing at the control panel was a man in a blue vest.

"Morning Nicholas!" The blue vested man sang out.

Nicholas fell onto his back. "What do you want now!" Just then a migraine cut through Nicholas's head. "Augh," he groaned as he sat up clutching his head.

The blue vested man continued his work at the control station. "Okay answer time. First off, your safe. Second off, the migraine should pass, eventually. And Thirdly, the dimension has collapsed."

Nicholas's migraine disappeared, he took a moment, then said,"Why?"

"Don't worry," replied the blue vested man, "It's nothing I can't fix."

"How can you fix a dimensional collapse," Nicholas took another moment to think about what he just said. "What are you anyways?"

"Simple," the blue vested man turned his gaze towards Nicholas, "I'm a writer...of sorts"

"What kind of sort?"

"I know how to write," the blue vested man said factually, returning to his buttons.

Nicholas took another moment, his third time today, a new record. "So about the dimension?"

"Right!" Exclaimed the blue vested man excitedly. "So, one of my fellow writers recently added to your story. Events didn't exactly add up and quite frankly, I have no idea what is going on," replied the blue vested man happily.

"And you find this exciting?"

"I find it hilarious. Besides, it opens up so many possibilities. In fact, it's not that much of a big deal, I just wanted an excuse to bring you here."

Nicholas stared at the blue vested man while he just smiled right back.

"So what happens now?"

"Well, one of two things, or three, maybe four - let's go with two. One, you wake up and all of these events are ignored or counted as a dream or...something. Two, the events are counted in some wonderful way that probably won't make sense but that's beside the point. Three-"

"I thought we were only going with two."

"That was before I thought of a three or a four. Three, something else entirely happens. Or Four, you die."

A chill fell down Nicholas's back. "I thought I couldn't die," Nicholas said slowly.

"Well yes, and no. You can't be "killed" by anyone or anything, but you can still "die", in a sense, but that shouldn't happen."

Nicholas got to his feet. "So what should I do now?"

"Walk through one of those doors," replied the blue vested man, nodding to the doors at the ends of the catwalk.

Nicholas walked towards the door closest to him. He placed his hand on the bronze knob but before turning it he asked one last question. "What's on the other side?"

"Don't know," replied the blue vested man simply, "it's not my call. So long Nicholas."

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Amfumi likes this.
  20. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when he opened the door........he was in an alternate reality were his penguin RULED THE WORLD and he was the pet so he forced in to a collar and lived as a pet for until someone decides to continue this story