1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The truly definitive "What race are you?" poll

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by dak47922, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

...sure

2. Fogbot3

Fogbot3 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am very surprised human is the most played and voted for. I thought glitch was most played and floran is most popular on these forums, I am also extremely surprised at the amount of Apex votes, but they do have a good backstory. I usually play as robots in games but I find it hard to immerse myself and roleplay as a glitch so I'm an Avian for now.

Aphala likes this.
  3. AmazingKitsune

AmazingKitsune Space Spelunker

I'm glad we agree then. Take care.;)

4. Aphala

Aphala Aquatic Astronaut

Source image for your Avatar. ;D

5. Macbeth_Plisskin

Macbeth_Plisskin Space Spelunker

Myself. I play an Avian. But glitch seems very Hylotl seem nice too.

Now if only there was a Feline race... Meow :3

6. firenexus

firenexus Phantasmal Quasar

or maybe i will go novakid...

7. Aphala

Aphala Aquatic Astronaut

Robots are usually my main stay for any first playthrough. :D

8. zothaq

zothaq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sad there isn't a "mod" option.

9. PunchinPaul

PunchinPaul Intergalactic Tourist

I am a floran because they are the prettiest race

10. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

I personally would like to see some "Original" races, you know races that arn't based on a human culture/animal. (Which I know florans fit this bill rather well, but we could use some more!) A crystal race be a good one, as would be somekind of Reptile-SpeiciesvsAliens type race.

As for people wanting a wide mix of Warm blooded anthropomorphic mammals to be playable races; I personally picture a cyber or steampunk-like race that is just a mash of animal parts; mix or match or have a crazy Chimera/homunculus Charater of sorts. - This would slove the wide and seemingly endless gap of all the animal races people want. (As said before I'd rather any official new races be more original.)

As for what Races I like/play My first Char was a Floran, but quickly replaced with an Avian with a character wipe, However I went straight back to it once there was a ship wipe; And to which I am back to Florans. I may be a glitch however in the near future.

Although I personally like the Glitch/Floran the best when it comes to people who play the roles of their characters (Role-playing) As in chat it's very easy to spot who is Glitch or floran, while other races seem to lack any unique characteristics in their speech. (I assume novkid will have their own unique speech pattern too, as they'll probably 'Southen' speak)

But I still like Avains too, as I own a parrot myself x)

11. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

I enjoy Florans. They are part of one of my favorite cultures, they are plants and most are insane.
    I can relate to them. They look chill, but once they get pissed off...

12. GameQB11

GameQB11 Phantasmal Quasar

I was going to use Human, but decided to beta test with a character i would never use. Now i'm stuck with Apex, they have the coolest hairstyles and "feel" the most starbound. To me Apex feels like the SB signature character

13. Doublejho

Doublejho Existential Complex

It would be way too unoriginal and easy to make a fox or wolf race and would be largely unimpressive. There would probably be a fair amount of people that would like like "0mG dis game for the fluffies !!!!!!" and it would be extremely annoying.

14. Spencer Wolf

Spencer Wolf Tentacle Wrangler

You see what you're doing? Assuming. And it's a very bad assumption.

No one is saying that about Skyrim or Oblivion. Have you ever heard of anyone calling them 'furry' games? Nope.

Nothing is easy about adding races in a game. You don't really know what you're talking about. Also, in terms of originality; a robot race such as the Glitch has been in many games. Does that make the race 'unimpressive'?
    No.

In order to argue with someone, you need to have valid points. You have none.

Locklave likes this.
  15. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Well... that certainly defeats the purpose of roleplaying.

16. Doublejho

Doublejho Existential Complex

What, and you think they weren't thinking about how people would react when they made the original races? Do you think there's no reason for not having certain races in there? It's not just difficulty, I assure you. They've made everything they have done because it all fills its own niche, it covers a genre and kind of species that is renowned through the science fiction genre. It's not that it's hard to be original, but adding special snowflake races to satisfy a few people isn't going to be worth the effort.

Furthermore, I feel you would be one of these few people. Your outright rudeness and aggressiveness in your post would make you think you're fighting for some kind of right, or that I'm violently objecting your post with any degree of the amount you've just responded to mine with. And yes, there are actually saying that a lot of the races from the Elder Scrolls series are fur-bait, before you cross that one out as well.

17. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Wait what? There are other series with stunted development that stopped at the medieval stage?

18. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Haha take that florans, humanity is superior to you

19. Lorelei

Lorelei Void-Bound Voyager

I play as Floran mainly. they are quirky IMO and I love it.

I like the Avian design but dislike the fact that they basically were bailed out by another race.. plus I find their ships ugly.

Glitch I'm not fond of, they make very little sense to me.

Humans are just humans.

Apex are neat, so I'm surprised they aren't #2

Hylotl I love/hate I love their backstory, but I'm not fond of their design or the "S.S. Magikarp" as I prefer to call it.

Novakids seem like a novelty IMO, they seem neat but I'd rather they were just part of a mod.

If you ask me there should have been a rabbit, a frog and a fox species added to the race's... I want to be a part of Star Fox!

20. Poseidon

Poseidon Big Damn Hero

I am the 100 metre sprint.. Because I am exciting in short bursts, and quick to finish.

wait, what was the question again.