The Topone - A mix of a gentleman's hat (Top Hat) and a mobster's hat (Capone)

Discussion in 'Create-A-Hat' started by WackyWocky, Dec 1, 2012.

1. WackyWocky

WackyWocky Pangalactic Porcupine

The Concept
    A mix of a top hat and capone hat. My design focuses especially on accessories that can be added to the hat and provides a wide range a purely visual effects and varieties. This makes it easy to add to the game, while still being fun for the players.
    The Hat
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the design is simple, actually rather boring. I'll change that in a little bit. This hat also leaves plenty of room for hair and facial features to be shown, utilizing airspace above the head instead.
    Uses
    The Gentleman
    [​IMG]
    "Dashing! - Every Woman Ever"
    The Mobster
    [​IMG]
    "Oh that guy? He's The Raven. You don't enter his turf unless you have a death wish or somethin'."
    As you can see, the hat fits most occasions and a wide range of characters. The color and accessory of the rim will also provide variation and customization to each player. More on this below.
    Variations
    Here are my suggested variations. More may follow.
    Colors
    [​IMG]
    Just having four colors goes a long way, and adds the most basic, but best form of variation.​
    Accessories
    [​IMG]
    The feather is quite possibly the first used accessory for any hat. This timeless design comes from the indians and Norse archers who used them as signs of power, speed and agility. Just killed a enemy Avian? Why don't you fetch one of those nice feathers and make yourself a hat worthy of a tribal leader!
    [​IMG]
    So you just got rid of a hostile Floran, but worry the rest of the tribe will come after you? Snap a leaf into the rim of your hat, prove you're a force not to be messed with!
    [​IMG]
    For the more feminine ones out there, one might prefer a beautiful flower in their hat instead? Oh, wait, you still have to rip it from a Floran or likewise creature.
    [​IMG]
    The card in the rim style is as popular as buttered toast. It's a timeless design of pure epicness.
    These are of course just some random examples I pulled up, but if we think of these four colors, and four accessories, it gives a total of 16 different hats (Not including the ribbonless one. In which case it's 20 possible combinations.).
    This is my way of proving that this design provides huge variation for very little spriting and programming.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, The Topone! ;)
    - WackyWocky
    Misc. Images and Commissions
    The Slime'd Topone
    [​IMG]
    As requested by TheSlimeGuy

"I've only begun spriting VERY recently, and would love any tips or suggestions on how to improve myself. Constructive criticism is highly accepted. Any ideas for other accessories for The Topone are also appreciated, I might even sprite them!"

Keeper, TheSlimeGuy, Loz and 2 others like this.
  2. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

Not bad for a first time spriter. Shading is very well done.
    :up:

3. WackyWocky

Thanks! Nice with some feedback! :giggle:

Sgt. Sprocket likes this.
  4. Sgt. Sprocket

Oh, and the mobster needs a tommy gun, just to set the mood ;).
    For some reason the pistol in his hand seems a bit small.
    Oh well, that isn't related to the hat, but meh.

I don't have much sanity left, okay? :rainbow:

5. WackyWocky

To be honest, I tried, but it ended up to big, and never looked good. I'm planning on making another scene which will be more fitting for one. X3

Sgt. Sprocket likes this.
  6. TheSlimeGuy

TheSlimeGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

its amazing, can it also be the official head wear for slimes?

7. WackyWocky

The Slime Mafia? I'm genuinely scared to go on the streets now...

8. Sgt. Sprocket

What if Jell-O is just Terrarian slime gel?
    :eek::X

9. WackyWocky

I...that... *mind blown* D:

*random eye twitch*

Did I go around with Jell-O torches and a Jell-O-powered flamethrower the entire time?! MY LIFE IS A LIE

10. TheSlimeGuy

Be scared, i know a guy who was suffocated when a member of the slime mafia jumped on his head

11. WackyWocky

Wonder who the rivals of The Slime Mafia are...?

12. TheSlimeGuy

Anyone who used torches in terraria, except me of course.

13. WackyWocky

I'm dead. I'm so dead. I'll have to run off to some far off moon and live there for the rest of eternity. Oh well, Titan is looking nice this time of year...

14. Sgt. Sprocket

Luckily I do not think slimes have mastered intergalactic travel just yet.
    Wait.....

What if the Starbound guy is the Terraria guy when he grows older.....
    What if the slimes got mad at us killing them for material gain......
    What if the SLIMES where the one who destroyed the Starbound guy's home planet?!
    D:

Which means.....Terraria was destroyed! Terraria was the home world! That's why Starbound happened!
    :saywhat:

Mastaf likes this.
  15. WackyWocky

... o_O

16. TheSlimeGuy

They haven't mastered inter galactic space travel, but i have and i will lead them to you! *checks profile to see location* your dead! (unless Bob the mini slime becomes a hat accessory)

Off topic: any ideas for something i could try and draw for my first try at pixel art

17. WackyWocky

Just choose something you already are good at drawing. If you have a clear mental image of what you want to draw, spriting it will be so much more easier.

18. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Typo alert. :p

I like this Hat. Looks good without being complicated. Not my style per say, but it's a very respectable creation. :up: (For my own Hat I would wear personally, i'm leaning more along the lines of the Scalpion Hat. :giggle:)

19. Gravik

Gravik Existential Complex

can i have a version with a turkey leg on the side? :catface2:

20. WackyWocky

Typo fixed! Thanks for the input, and yes, the Scalpion IS a nice idea! I feel so bottom-rank in this competition... :p

Axe Garian likes this.