The Time Portal

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by AngleWyrm, Oct 18, 2017.

1. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    - pop -

“Heh, it worked!”
    “Woah, who are you?”
    “I'm you, one minute from now. That doorway is a time portal.”
    “You're -- You're me?”
    “Yep! See here where it says 'relative temporal coordinate?' I just turned that to -1 minute.”
    “And you – I – just up and went through it? That doesn't seem like a risk I would take.”
    “Do you remember me appearing in front of you just a moment ago?”
    “Yeah...so?”
    “Me too.” And with that I shoved the earlier me through the doorway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait, what are the rules of this forum game?
    How does one play?
    Also, the top and bottom pictures are broke for me.

But I like what you have here, but I'm not quite sure it fits here yet...

3. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Story telling sketches about time travel. Little sci-fi shorts about what time travel is like.
    ---

Just over the ridge, I saw a pack of glitch robo-herders headed this way. It could be a tough engagement.
    "If a time machine can make two of me appear at the same time, then how about an army of me?"

pop, pop

"I'm You-2," the the first one said, "you come back here five minutes from now as me."
    "And I'm You-3. Ten minutes after this conversation is over you come back here again. So we've folded about half an hour of our timeline into this meeting."
    "What, only two of you? I wanted an army."
    "Yeah, about that" replied You-3, "If You-2 dies, then he never makes it back to the time portal to come back as me, and so I cease to exist."
    "And also," piped in You-2 "If you saw me die on the battlefield, would you really head back to the time portal and go through it to be me dying on the battlefield? If I were me -- and it just so happens that I am -- I wouldn't go back through that portal."
    "Hmm. Ok, so now I gotta go through this conversation a couple more times as you-2 and you-3? It seems rather a chore now that I know how it plays out. I'm just gonna set the controls to jump forward to after all that gets done."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017