The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

He's probably got one of those Return Scepters that Krobus sells. haha

wronghandle likes this.
    • Stryder87

I had a really annoying problem happen last night. I was going to move one of my barns to where a coop was, so I went to the carpenter shop. I selected to move a building and clicked on the barn. One of my sheep was half in/half out of the barn, but I figured that the game would count that as being ‘in’ the barn and not leave it behind. As soon as I clicked on the barn and it ‘lifted’ I realized I had forgotten to demolish the coop first. I went to put the barn back so I could demolish the coop, and the game had left the sheep behind. That now meant that there was an occupied space where the barn originally had been located. I had no space on my farm anywhere that I could put the barn so I could demolish the coop and I now couldn’t put it back in its original location because of that stupid sheep! Hitting the ESC key wouldn’t abort the move and put the barn back. I couldn’t click the red circle with the slash through it as the barn was the active items and it wouldn’t register the attempt to abort. I was totally stuck. There was no way to abort what I was trying to do. I was forced (with the day near the end) to hard quit the game and lose the entire day.

That strikes me as a rather huge bug, not being able to abort a building move if this kind of situation exists.

I ended up having to redo the entire day… not a huge deal, but a major annoyance.

Bug? Glitch? Working as intended? Should I submit this and maybe they’ll ‘fix’ it in the next patch?

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Oh man, that would be super annoying. D: I'd try reporting it or making a suggestion to fix it, it couldn't hurt. In the meantime, I guess just check to make sure everyone's put away before moving stuff. I usually just don't let my animals out if I know I'm planning to move their barn/coop that day, then I just run straight to Robin's at 9, move the building, and come back to let them out. Saves issues of animals being in the way.

• Stryder87

Hmmmm... which forum would you suggest I put this in, Support or Suggestions? I'm not sure which one it really belongs in.

• LuthienNightwolf

Not entirely sure really. I guess if it's not a bug (the game is functioning correctly, technically, its just something that needs a bit of adjusting) you should probably go with the suggestions forum.

wronghandle likes this.
            • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Hmm ... not sure, but I think Suggestions because technically the game is working as intended. Inference being all existing buildings must be assigned locations before the player can leave the construction module.

Maybe also have a note added to the wiki suggesting "close barn and coop doors before relocating buildings" as a best practice?

• LuthienNightwolf

I'm in midsummer of year 1, haven't done tons of socializing yet but I do talk to people in passing. Well, today I was thinking "Wow, I've talked to Haley several times now and she hasn't openly insulted me yet!" All of her dialogues have been about Emily or wanting to shop. Alas, it was not to last. Spent most of the morning fishing on the pier and as I was running back up towards town I saw her standing up there, so I went to say hello. Her response?

"Ew, you're all dirty."

*sigh* Well it was nice while it lasted. lol

Stryder87 and sunlite like this.
                • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

When I first played the game, I had just met all the NPCS and thought "you know, I should give someone a gift. Maybe Haley, she seems nice!" So, as I ignorantly looked through my inventory, I for some reason thought a pine cone would make a nice gift. I gave it to her, and she was like "Well that's a stupid gift." The next day, she ignored me. We did not have a good introduction, to say the least. :p

Stryder87 and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                  • LuthienNightwolf

Haley just doesn't have the depth to properly appreciate a pinecone. That thing can turn into a whole grove of trees!

wronghandle and sunlite like this.
                    • Stryder87

Well this is rather cool. The huts light up at night! The Junimo's are party animals!

Junimos.jpg

• Stryder87

I hate it when I think I’m buying organic vegetables, but when I get home I find out they’re just regular donuts.

:geek:

CartonCruncher and Reddestiny921 like this.
                        • Icewinde

Icewinde Space Spelunker

So I cleared up a nice spot to put my barn, made sure I had the needed stone and wood and up I ran to the carpenters shop. and I was running hard cos it was almost 5 pm!
                          I reached just in time and when I klicked to buy the barn and place it down at the cleared spot..... my cat decided it was the perfect place to enjoy the late aftenoon sun!
                          Noway I could put the barn in place nor put it somewhere else cos I only cleared that spot properly .....
                          My barn needed to wait another day and Missy the cat got a very angry look when I was home again!

MasterYoba likes this.
                          • Stryder87

Buwahahahahahaha..... I HATE that! I had a sheep do that to me! Soooooo annoying!

• Stryder87

And now for something completely different (feel free to relax here for a minute and de-stress)...

Smooth like butter. :3

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

It's due to those "missing" bottles of wine on your farm. Did you think they only harvest crops? ;)

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

My new farmer has delightfully bad RNG. It's a completely different experience of the mines. So far she's had 3 unlit, monster-infested levels. Slimes are dimly visible in the dark, rock crabs not so much. 2 of the levels had duggies ... folks, hunting duggies in the dark is not a rewarding experience. Heck, I didn't even know duggies could count against making the way down appear!

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Stumbled upon this neat iridium video just now:

Erick648 and Stryder87 like this.
                                    • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pfft, they have it all wrong. Their 'iridium' isn't even purple. And they've obviously not been down far in the mine to say it's rare. :p

rikkih2o and Seismothesaurus like this.
                                      • Stryder87

Dat vazz intervezzting... alzo I didn't underztwan half of vat vaz zaid...
                                        SCIENCE!!! :party:

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The closed captions on that video seem to be good, for anyone who's having trouble. I'm pretty used to listening to all sorts of accents.

I'm a fan of purple, but I sort of wish that the game's iridium was silver because those space boots clash with half of the clothing options. Or at least that we could have the option to dye them.