The Scalpion

Discussion in 'Create-A-Hat' started by Darthkitten, Nov 21, 2012.

1. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Now this is funny, love how you make them look mischievous.

2. Added a top-down view, and the last color.

GunmanRex likes this.
  3. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Do they hold stuff for you or help you fight by holding a laser or a spear? Now I know hats don't do anything like this in-game but it's just for flavoring (?) of the idea.

4. Well, like you said, it's just flavoring, but I quite like the idea of item retreival. When in combat, they go and gather the loot that falls of of creatures while you're still fighting, and they could get loot that falls in hard to reach places.

5. OnyxTortoise

OnyxTortoise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the Scalpion and the presentation.
    That boxing match is a great idea- reminds me of some of the coca-cola vs pepsi commercials. Healthy competition :)

6. Added an optional Gathering/walking animation.

blind sniper likes this.
  7. TheWalrusLivesInMe

TheWalrusLivesInMe Void-Bound Voyager

Thats a really creative name awesome :D

8. MrMasteroflps

MrMasteroflps Void-Bound Voyager

I love your hat/hats it is awesome art work i wish i could draw this good :)

GunmanRex likes this.
  9. Spawn Moar Ovaloardz!
    Drone_mining.gif

10. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

LOL this is epic!!! :up:

11. Iamyew

Iamyew Big Damn Hero

LOL! I love this one =] GREAT!!! If only they could animate this...

12. Added the second to last picture before I start work on the final presentation!

blind sniper likes this.
  13. Final picture is out!
    Now working on the presentation.

14. Karamunin

Karamunin Big Damn Hero

15. Never heard of your submission. Sorry for any similarities.

I've had people tell me it looks like a Headcrab and a facehugger, but no one ever brought that up.
    To start with, it wasn't even a scorpion. It was a spider, then a lobster, THEN a scorpion.

16. Karamunin

Karamunin Big Damn Hero

lol it's fine, no bad feelings :rofl: was just pointing out it's a wee bit similar. I do not see any similarities to headcrab nor facehugger at all though o_O ... It looks like a lobster fused with a scorpion, gone cyborg to me. Which is pretty sweet xD

Darthkitten likes this.
  17. A wee bit? It's basicly this things UNCLE. Well, I'm glad you're not suing me, and I'm happy you like it.

People said it was like a headcrab/facehugger because it climbs on your head.

Karamunin likes this.
  18. Karamunin

Karamunin Big Damn Hero

Ooh, I see now, well that makes alot more sense lol. Because appearance wise it's basically nothing at all like headcrabs/facehuggers.

19. I'm not too worried though. There's hardly a thing in the world you can make that doesn't remind someone of something else from another franchise, or look absolutely ridiculous. If the closest franchise object they can think of is a headcrab/facehugger, that's more than good for me.

20. And, VoilĂ . It is finished.
    (May tweak a few thing here and there, but you get the point.)

Let me know what you think!

blind sniper and Karamunin like this.