1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Roadmap

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by T-Rex, Apr 26, 2013.

1. coldReactive

coldReactive Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cake needs to be updated to 999%

2. TheHusky

TheHusky Big Damn Hero

ER MAH GAWD ITS SO BEAUTIFUL :D

trex341 likes this.
  3. Derfpace

Derfpace Cosmic Narwhal

javascript:drownMolly()

Cirom, Airis and T-Rex like this.
  4. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

why D:

trex341 likes this.
  5. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The cake... probably

6. JustJoeNoBody

JustJoeNoBody Phantasmal Quasar

I'm well aware of this. Personally I just feel lucky it's them and not me working on this. I tend to get very bored and frustrated with nearly any form of art or production very quickly. I'd hazard my guess of the beta launch around October and an actual release in January. I personally feel that the teams is ambitious. I'll probably end up disappointed in several aspects of Starbound, but I'm a harsh critic. Don't get me wrong I'm still greatly looking forward to it though.

Well that was a nice vent. lol

trex341 likes this.
  7. Starbound isn't Perfect, it's normal that we are all having high expectations that will not be meet, it happens with all the games, even AAA titles. :p

Cirom and T-Rex like this.
  8. T-Rex

WUT!? My only expectations atm is the BETA >:3

Ard Galen likes this.
  9. Polyphase

Polyphase Subatomic Cosmonaut

nowadays AAA titles are the only games that let me down... with all their experience, manpower, ect... the majority of AAA should have learned what only indie seem to be understanding. AAA have lost touch with their customers a long time ago. Indie has heart, passion, and have all the sense. dont let being hurt by pre-orders or whatnot of AAA stop from being sceptical of starbound. Indies deserve pre-orders, AAA do not. pre-orders to me are different for indie and AAA, for indie its hey i support your endevors and hope this helps make your dream game. to AAA its i know you dont need the money but i want the game day one, and fully functional! (looking at you star trek! :mad:)

YumYumKittyloaf and Cirom like this.
  10. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I must say the space one is the most important.

trex341 likes this.
  11. FrumpyB

FrumpyB Void-Bound Voyager

Yet for some strange reason, I've a feeling even if some expectation of mine isn't met, I will still love this game 100%. These kids know how to create something with mass appeal. :iswydt:

12. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

This works~ :3

13. sisterofthesea

sisterofthesea Aquatic Astronaut

There was a tweet from Tiy saying that there would be an update to the roadmap now that he was back and since they were making very good progress, but I haven't seen anything yet. Has he updated and I just don't see it or is the update still coming? Anyone knows about this yet?

14. Kage Tempest

Kage Tempest Pangalactic Porcupine

When you do update when there are changes, if it isn't too much trouble, can you mark where on the bar, the progress bar WAS before the change so we can be of what changed when?

Ellie likes this.
  15. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

They should have never made a road map. Now all I see is threads about the road map and how it has not changed yet :/

16. T-Rex

He will post something on tweeter that he updated it

I will post something and it will be RED OR BLUE in the thread :)

17. Kyber

Kyber Phantasmal Quasar

Good work with transposing all that OP. I still don't understand why it was created though. Why make a development summary tool that you update less frequently than the posts that we were used to?

18. People simply ask too much, when they are fans of a game, they ask for a Revolution of the genre, something awesome. But there are many things with limits by what a game can possibly reach and by what the team can make happen.

Simply because in Indie Games like this seems with to have an "Infinite Potential". In many suggestion threads I see most of them as very complex suggestions and DEVs simply stated to Limit this: That's it, We Stop Here, we won't go any further. I don't understand when people set their expectations to HUGE levels before launch, and then after launch there is rage here and there complaining about how the game didn't reach what it "promised".

This happens with games from individual developers to AAA Titles, from FPS Games to MMOs and Indie Games Before their launch, Developers try to explain some feature for example, in the next moment community is already understanding that the Developers said in a Excepcional Level that even that same developers aren't able to meet. :p

Polyphase likes this.
  19. Polyphase

Polyphase Subatomic Cosmonaut

i agree, and scope creeping is not just game developers, happens in software development too, i dont know how many times we have had to say "no, that is later, we are trying to get this to you in a timely manner"... you want to make the customer happy and take their suggestions but you have to determine when is enough.

Bacon likes this.
  20. FrumpyB

FrumpyB Void-Bound Voyager

People just tend to not be happy with what they get. Wars have been started over that whole, "I want!!!11!1ONE" thing. There's a certain Rolling Stones song that plays in my head when I see this sort of behavior. Much love if you know what it might be!