The Penguin Syndicate XVI - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

You know why. It's pretty darn obvious, I shouldn't even have to defend them.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. dyachei

dyachei Space Hobo

all game every game for best results

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Defend them. No point is ever laugh off-able.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. dyachei

dyachei Space Hobo

So I have experience with exactly 3 of you, I think. anyone want to tell me about the regulars on this forum?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. KingofDominaria

KingofDominaria Space Hobo

@Psycho:

Isn't the reasoning for the vote obvious? It got your attention since you ignored me the first time. Well, ignored or missed.

@CJ and 611:

I had extensive contact with Alk a year or two ago. I wouldn't say she is lurking. Not until we get to later in the day. That, or we can start labeling a lot of people are lurkers right now and throw votes on them. I assume that's what you two are doing, yes?

611, why are you almost 100% certain of a cult (Aagarannanana(sp?))? From what someone posted earlier, people that were part of conversations would require partners to post in case they were culted by the Aagarans thereby detecting them. Aside from that, there is no way to detect an Aagaran, is there? Consequentially, that means roles without conversations outside the main game thread won't be able to show they're not culted. Meaning, a vanilla townie can't prove they are not culted to anyone. So in order for us to even know if there is a cult would be to happen upon it either by investigation, if there are roles that can detect a cult here, or by a person's role being revealed on death. So back to my earlier question, why are you almost certain? Because I would say that this kind of talk, "I'm almost 100% certain X exists," only serves to create a scare or unfocused activity if you will.

@Alk:

At this point people don't have to tell me who has played with who. Originally when people were talking, I saw it mentioned that there were a lot of new people that were coming here to play. Being here though, many have said they've played with each other (if only a few times). I only wanted to know if I should expect playstyle arguments, based on prior experience, when it comes down for people to start throwing around votes. Aside from you, everyone else is new to me. So I'm treating everyone with whatever impression they give me initially through contact with them or by observing their interactions.

That being said, 611 why are you hard focused on Alk? Because I wouldn't agree with anything you've stated about Alk at all so far given how early it is. Barring that it has been a long time since I've played with Alk, it is seriously quesitonable to focus on someone for being a lurker in the first few hours of the day.

Onto new page.

Jimlad 42, CjBeats and Alkanthe like this.
  7. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm....
    FOR POPULAR OPINION!
    VOTE: 611

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Normally I would, but I only have an explicable read on the one I'm going to protect this time.
    611 said that, actually. Scare tactics were something I used to full effect in my last game, where I was a Penguin. IIOA, too.
    Vote: 611

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dragonclaw is a more neutral Ryast, where they make a few posts here and there and you're forced to scrutinize them because they all just look neutral

Jake is new (2nd game now), so no sort of style description for him yet.

CJ habitually pulls IIOA, but less so the more town he is. Generally good to keep around for a while for all factions benefits imo.

Jimlad's 2nd game

Peachy is insane and we'll get into that a little bit more as the game progresses, because it's been a while since she played so it might have changed. Typically a low-key friendly playstyle though.

Peacheon, Jimlad 42 and CjBeats like this.
  10. KingofDominaria

@Alk:

I saw his later post talking about chances of such and such roles being in the setup. Honestly, I don't know what to expect as far as the setup goes (aside from what possible roles were listed, and even then I'm not fluent with the names). Either way, unless I see a cult it is hard for me to just run with the idea that there is a cult for sure. Forces the discussions in hypothetical directions.

Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  11. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just want to point out that this was no popular opinion until a few seconds ago, kupo.

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Honestly, I'm finding it harder to speculate about the setup recently. I'm good with point-and-shoot: find me a thread to pull, and I can unravel it. Which is why I'm glad the Championships are vanilla games this year...

But anyways.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. KingofDominaria

I'll be honest. If I wasn't focused on getting a response from Psycho, I totally would have voted you for the initial stuff.

Jimlad 42 and 611 like this.
  14. dyachei

dyachei Space Hobo

have to say, this is a different machine than I've seen before. I think that might be a good thing though

611 and Alkanthe like this.
  15. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Which you?

16. dyachei

dyachei Space Hobo

and ryast I thought wasnt in this game anymore?

17. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Apparently I hallucinated him joining this game

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

I'm actually getting strong town vibes from Kam tbh. Usually he's a lot more random and wild as neutral or penguin.

20. dyachei

dyachei Space Hobo

no, he did, but outed to go camping I think

Jimlad 42, Alkanthe and 611 like this.