The Penguin Syndicate V - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Jan 25, 2016.

?

What kind of a game will TPS6 be? (explanations on p.34)

1. 1. Traditional game, game balance with roles

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. 2. Traditional game, game balance with more penguins

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. 3. Power roles, game balance with roles

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. 4. Power roles, game balance with more penguins

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. 5. Vanilla-game

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 6. Madness-game

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  7. 7. Cultist-game

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. 8. Agaran-game

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  9. 9. Choose your role

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  10. 10. Player-made setups

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

The mole could be used as well, i think i put the name as not revealed. But i made the tabloid as the foil to the newsie, just to cause paranoia

Zebe likes this.
  2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Yup. But no newsie, tabloid or mole in the next game, because they can be confirmed penguin/civilian easily. Either newsman or tabloid is a penguin, which could be solved with an investigation or lynching either (unlike with vote-stealers, tabloid is useless if they don't step up). And mole has to report, which confirms them automatically.

Eavesdropper and Spy are in though. Well, eavesdropper has a different name. Plus, I thought it was a better choice to know the latest action rather the latest message. People could simply format their messages "Target: [player]" to use their actions which wouldn't reveal too much. Additionally, it would severely discourage penguin discussion and by looking at the recent games, it's pretty obvious that's the last thing needed right now. :p
    maybe im just overthinking it in a very strategically obscure way, but hey, I guess it's better safe than sorry.

MilkCalf, Alkanthe and zeskorion like this.
  3. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

No, the report is done in the morning nightkill post, sorry i did not make it clear

4. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Ah, I see. But aren't their names public. Or you meant that the identity of their target is public?

5. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

I think the best course would to be make any names heard by the mole censored

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Yeah, true. If the role would be included that's they way it should go.
    But I'm not sure how it would work. I'm coming up with scenario after scenario how the role would change how the nights are played, which I don't really bother counting. Basically I can see only a couple of outcomes in which the role would actually be worth of it. It could work as a special role, but it sounds that even a normal Sheriff could be more effective... the power of the role is kind of a mystery for me and my capability to understand stuffs
    Is it a borrowed role or your own idea? Because if I could find any games elsewhere with a similar role that could help a lot.

MilkCalf and Alkanthe like this.
  7. Gilgamesh025

Gilgamesh025 Space Penguin Leader

I am ready, I am ready for Freddy!

Zebe likes this.
  8. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat