The Penguin Syndicate IX - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, May 27, 2016.

1. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

Weird. I wasn't notified. Welp, I'm here. ;3

611 and Zebe like this.
  2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The game should be starting... well... not sure yet. I guess the earliest I could get the roles out is tomorrow (Sunday). So Monday, perhaps.
    Star Sheriff tells only the kind of action that was used. There's a list of possible results in the UFO Lounge Modding Database. It's the last spoiler on the OP named "Responses". not the most convenient place for that stuff tbh, but I can't figure any other one
    With Novakid Bandit (and Penguin Persuader), it's the latter option. Or just tag once, with a statement they want to use the votes on the same person.

This thing might be useful. Mafiascum wiki counterparts for our roles. This was posted before the 8th game, so I tried to update it with new roles that were introduced in that game.

Civilians = Town:
    • Boring Human = Vanilla Townie
    • Miniknog Interrogator = Cop
    • Noble Hylotl = Doctor
    • Floran Hunter = Jailkeeper
    • Star Sheriff = Follower
      • Ranger = Voyeur
      • Sentinel = Watcher
      • Warden = No equivalent
    • Glitch Knight = One-Shot Bulletproof Townie
    • USCM Militant = Vigilante
      • Loyalist = No equivalent (Vig that dies if it kills a Civilian
    • Apex Scientist = inventor
      • Mad = Jack-of-all-trades
    • Novakid Bandit = Vote Thief
    • Killer Plant = One-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner
    • Stargazer = Mason
      • Priest = Mason Doctor (!?!?)
    • Occultist-Bot = Medium (right?)
    • The Dove = Innocent Child
      • Divine = One-Shot Deathproof + Innocent Child

Penguins = Mafia:
    • Penguin = Mafia Goon
      • Persuader = Mafia Vote Thief
      • Spy = No equivalent
      • Protector = Mafia Doctor
      • Trooper = One-Shot Bulletproof Mafia Goon
    • Penguin Investigator = Mafia Role Cop
      • Obscurantist = One-Shot Janitor + One-Shot Mafia Role Cop
    • Dreadwing = Mafia Roleblocker
    • The King Penguin = Godfather
      • Disguiser = No equivalent
      • Master of Disguise = No equivalent

Third party/specials:
    • Cultist = Serial Killer
      • Enforcer = One-Shot Bulletproof Serial Killer
      • Hidden = Investigation-Immune Serial Killer
      • Assassin = Strongman
      • Arsonist = Arsonist, duh
    • Agaran = Cultist
      • Chieftain = No equivalent
    • Shadow = No equivalent
    • Alpaca = Jester
      • Syndicate = I don't even

Danger100ish and Alkanthe like this.
  3. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

*cough*

Loyalist is one of the, like 5 types of suicidal vigilante out there. Probably the most common.

Zebe likes this.
  4. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Ohh, I didn't know. I just searched Mafiascum wiki for those quickly, and the "no equivalents" are ones I didn't find. :p

Alkanthe and 611 like this.
  5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

{ Pushes up glasses }

When does the random accusations, then bellicose arguments begin?

611 likes this.
  6. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Ten

Arra likes this.
  7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

That's a fine question.

If only there was a definite answer.

611 and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Gilgamesh025

Gilgamesh025 Space Penguin Leader

HELLO! I want in, I will be more active this time on account of not being horribly sick!

Arra, Zebe, Alkanthe and 1 other person like this.
  9. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have I been signed up? Count me in

Zebe and 611 like this.
  10. Miracle Panda-sama

Miracle Panda-sama Astral Cartographer

Here I am :)
    So excited.
    (Sorry but I'm gonna be in and out but I'll try to be on time in this event)

Zebe, 611 and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I was not notified of this! I'm here now though.

Arra, Zebe, 611 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

17 players! That's as many as a championship Mafia game!

Arra, Zebe and 611 like this.
  13. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

You too? Now this really is weird. Alerts please. I'll probably tag everyone before I start sending roles then...

And as many as TPS6, which was the most players we've ever had. now if this game would be more active than 6 was that would be great

Okay, looks like things are starting to be ready.
    I'll keep the signups open for a few more hours while I'll finish up some role descriptions. After that I'll do the role rolls, and you'll get your roles. When you get your role, you need to state that you're ready either in the Role PM or in this thread (if you're ready to play, that is!). After two thirds are ready, the game will begin.

Alkanthe, 611 and zeskorion like this.
  14. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Back on my home forum, there's a limit of, I think 5 working tags per message. Could be that.

Zebe likes this.
  15. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

If there is a limit, it's 6 or less. I think I've seen posts with +6 working tags... I think. Should test that sometime.
    But sometimes tags and alerts just kinda fail too.

Alkanthe and 611 like this.
  16. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

THE SIGNUPS ARE OVER.
    It'll take a while to finish up the setup work. But the roles should be coming fairly Soon™.

New roles:

Defender

You are proud, but not arrogant. You have virtuously devoted yourself to your mission. You will finish it, no matter what it takes. You die instead of your protected target, if someone attempts to kill them.

Aggressor

On a second thought, why wait for the night to come? You could shoot someone during the day. Nobody would expect that! However, everyone will see that you did the kill.

Role idea by @zeskorion

Bomber

You're all out of guns. All you have is an explosive, but if you're going to use it, you're going to go down too. It'll be a sacrifice, but it'll surely be worth it You can use the bomb at any time, and it will always kill your target.

Role idea by @611

Whisperer

Even while you are the epitome of peace, it may not be wise to announce your total innocence to everyone. Every Night, you can choose a player to tell your role to. You are not able to declare your role publicly to everyone.

Role idea by
    @611

Glitch Glitch

You are sided with the Civilians. You have one vote. All investigative role results will see you as a Penguin, or that you have killed someone.

ERROR. You do not function correctly. SYSTEM FAILURE. You are a Glitch with good intentions. RECORDS 101-200 MISSING. However, your behaviour is off. FUNCTION COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. You seem very, very guilty. UNABLE TO REBOOT. How unfortunate.

Simian Doctor

You are sided with the Civilians. You have one vote. Every night, you can turn one Agaran into a Boring Human. If they are a Civilian, they will be roleblocked.

The modern medicine is wonderous indeed. The Apex have developed a cure to turn Agarans into Humans... no matter what species they originally were. Unethical, says the rest of the scientific community. But the Miniknog does not care. Nor do you, as long as you get a few more allies this way.

Role idea by
    @Zetlin97

Confounder

You are here to make a mess. Your special talent of darkness is to confuse the enemy investigators. You can switch around the roles and actions of the players in all of the investigative role results. You can only use this ability twice.

Role idea by @The Squid

Penguin Gun

You are a Penguin. You have one vote. You can talk with the other Penguins privately any time. During the Night you choose a victim with your Penguin confederates. At any time during a Day, you can kill a player. Your name is announced as you make a kill.

As a hired gun serving the Syndicate, you don't need to oblige by their rules. Day does not limit you. Your black, cold heart isn't afraid of being seen. You do your dirty work in broad daylight, in front of everyone.

Bomber

No guns? No problem! You have a bomb, and you can set it off at any moment. However, the explosion will blow you up with your target. So better make that kill count. You can use the bomb at any time, and it will always kill your target.

Role idea by @611

17. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Mmmmmmm...sounds deadly...but very kamikazi'ish, nice way to finish things up fast. :)

Zebe and 611 like this.
  18. Miracle Panda-sama

Miracle Panda-sama Astral Cartographer

Awesome new roles!

Alkanthe and Zebe like this.
  19. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I'm way late. The setup-stuff is done but I cannot assign or send the roles right now. I'll do that later today (Monday), for sure. Sorry!

I was thinking of making a list of possible roles, but I don't think it would be good this time. Instead, I leave you with the knowledge that there are no Agarans in any setup.

611, Alkanthe and Miracle Panda-sama like this.
  20. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Just an off question..What would happen if you ate an agaran?
    Just think if they are related to those mushrooms that act as a psychedelic drug, that would be a funky incentive for cannibalism.

I apologize for the inert randomness.

Zebe and 611 like this.