1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Peglaci Pleased Giraffe Stable!

A race of peaceful, peace-keeping humanoids from an icy world.

1. Djinn

Djinn They're not goats, darnit!

Please let me know if it does!

2. Zolond

Zolond Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I made a second character. Made sure the broken gun quest was active, got the iron, got the gun. No problem. Not sure why its not working for my first character.

3. Djinn

On the one hand, phew, I'm glad it works, but on the other it's weird it didn't work initially. Oh well! Thanks for your input.

4. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm a little jealous of all of these mods that are coming up with huge amounts of content done as I'm working to get through the tiers! Looks very interesting, I've downloaded!

5. Djinn

Thank you, but your mod is quite interesting in its own right - my guys are futuristic aliens, woop dee doo. Yours actually have a ridiculous amount of heart and I'm always impressed with the way you come up with interesting flavor for them. Thanks for the download though.

6. Twytch

Twytch Intergalactic Tourist

Hi there, I tried out your mod today and I'm really loving it. I was wondering if the Peglaci are supposed to use the male Apex sounds? I made a female Peglaci but she grunts like an Apex whenever she gets hurt. I'm not a modder myself, but I've heard monsters in game that make a baa-ing sound, so what if the Peglaci used a short sample from that which was pitch-shifted for males and females? Again, I'm not a modder, and I don't know what your vision is for how the Peglaci sound so I apologize if that's presumptuous and you like them how they are. I really dig the race, they're gonna be a permanent feature in my game and I'm making it a goal to build a hi-tech tundra base for mine.

7. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you for saying so! But mine is stolen from other original stuff, yours is OC! Boo ya!

Actually, I think coming up with weird, interesting flavor and stuff to do with them is part of what has delayed it. I spent much of today screwing around with ideas of goofy things to do with fluffy wamblers (basically little bunny rabbits) that I didn't get anything real done.

8. Djinn

Pff who cares what the origin was, you're the one implementing it into gameplay. That's equally admirable. ALSO screwing around with bizarre side ideas is how you get awesome, unexpected stuff (see also my Targets mod, spawned from me fooling around with ideas from this mod!) Keep up your awesome imagination, man, it's worth it.

Ha, no, sound was just low on the list of things to do. They will get sounds at some point, I just keep forgetting about it. Also, whenever you do make a hi-tech tundra base, I'd love to see it.

CaptainKobold likes this.
  9. Djinn

Djinn updated The Peglaci with a new update entry:

More different fixes!

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Djinn

11. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

for me theres no ship inventory nor do i spawn with any items but THANK GOD for starcheat cause i got me boreas armor ;3 btw Boreas armor is KICKASS looking :p

12. Djinn

That's a little odd - what do you mean you neither have ship inventory nor starting items? Not even beginning clothes?

13. Twytch

I forgot to mention that I've been using the investigate feature and checking out items. I don't know if this is just how Starbound categorizes items but I've found a few that are mismatched. I investigated a snowman on a Snow planet and my Peglaci said something about it being a beautiful flower. Idk if that's because the snowman is in the same category as flowers in-game or whether that's fixable. Tombstones are also referred to as books and I investigated a golden lamp in the same area and received something about Floran storing plant matter.

Again, super super SUPER minor stuff that I wouldn't be surprised if it occurred with the vanilla races too just because of how Starbound categorizes items.

14. Djinn

Well some of that is engine stuff, and some of it is just Peglaci silliness. The snowman thing is a Starbound categorization issue as far as I know, but the others are actually either Peglaci jokes or mis-guesses what some of the other race's stuff IS.

15. Twytch

Ahhh I see, ok. No real problems so far, just nit-picking because everything is so good. I love that the pistol pierces enemies on charged shots, I've gotten some multi-kills with it so far.

16. Djinn

Djinn updated The Peglaci with a new update entry:

Updated Guns - and a little tease for the future.

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Starbound playa

nvm i found ;3 right under the fuel :3

18. Djinn

Phew, good! I was just thinking I released enough fixes for day 1, thank you very much!

This is probably my last post for the night, so I'll put out any other fires tomorrow when I wake up/have time!

19. Starbound playa

k cya

20. Byzantine

Byzantine Phantasmal Quasar

Holy-- I sit down to play some D&D, and this mod goes on an update spree.

I.... I have no words for my joy right now.