1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Orcana

Discussion in 'Races' started by Nemasys, Feb 28, 2015.

1. VanishMode

VanishMode Subatomic Cosmonaut

It is from the lastest download, I downloaded it and found the problems in there.

2. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Well, I sat down last night and did some potential fin designs. :)

orcana fin style ideas.png

It occurs to me that the patterns would be difficult to implement per-style if they were to change with the belly color, but I know I've seen a mod around in the past that makes it so that the 'undy'/deco color matches something on the hair, so maybe something like that would be possible still? I don't know. In any case, you're welcome to use any of these if they strike your fancy. ;P

Mackinz likes this.
  3. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Did you delete the old version before installing the new one?

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Dude, I never installed the old version. Like I said:

Plus... I'm a modder myself. You don't think I know how to install or update installed mods? :giggle:

[DOUBLEPOST=1425499669][/DOUBLEPOST]

As far as I am aware, there are the available properties for changing how the color schemes are applied:

altOptionAsUndyColor
    Used by the hylotl, humans, glitch, floran, and apex.
    headOptionAsHairColor
    Used by the hylotl, humans, glitch, and floran. If missing, the hair takes on the color of the body.
    altOptionAsHairColor
    Used by the hylotl, glitch, and floran.
    hairColorAsBodySubColor
    Used by the hylotl and glitch.
    headOptionAsFacialhair
    Used by the avians and apex to implement their fluffs and beards.
    altOptionAsFacialMask
    Used by the avians to implement their beaks.

My Gallavoir use these to make their "hair" be the same color as their arms and upper body, as well as matching hair accessories, eyes and fins:

"altOptionAsUndyColor" : true,
    "headOptionAsHairColor" : true,
    "altOptionAsHairColor" : true,
    "hairColorAsBodySubColor" : true,

I forget which does what exactly, so good luck!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Woah :eek: :D Just covering what I can while I'm out. It's weird that it's happening at all since that version was a straight zip of the mod folder I use in-game and I get no errors. I'll look into it as soon as I get home.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  6. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, guys... Sorry about the mess with that last version. I just posted a new one and it should work.

7. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

No worries, just gotta keep moving forward. Nothing was crashing for me in the previous version, anyways - though I did notice that whenever I talk to my ship AI I get a lot of non-fatal errors because it can't find any image files for the AI personality animations. Thought it might be worth mentioning, and I'm not sure if it's still in right now, I haven't run Starbound since downloading the latest version.

As far as the fin designs go, I'm on the fence as per whether i want to actually sprite 'em or not. I'll have to give it some more thought when I'm less worn out, haha.

For the record though... if anyone else wants to take a crack at pixeling in those designs I made, I'm fine with that.

8. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't had any AI issues, so if any pop up for anyone in this latest update please let me know.

I've actually already started. :) I have numbers 1, 5, and 6 done. The pattern colors on the fins actually work seamlessly with my current setup, just have to sprite it with the default sprite pattern color and it's good to go. Thanks for the art! If you have any more up your sleeve I'd love to see.

FebilianFin1.png FebilianFin5.png FebilianFin6.png

Febilian and Mackinz like this.
  9. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Sweet! I like how they look in-game, I'm glad they translated over into pixel form fairly well!

I don't have anything else as of right now but if I end up with more I will definitely post it. :)

10. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

...And here are numbers 2,3, and 4. Number 4 was a bit tricky and I'm not sure that I like how it turned out. I may or may not leave it in.

FebilianFin2.png FebilianFin3.png FebilianFin4.png

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    suga2010, Febilian and Mackinz like this.
  11. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

12. Mackinz

Let me just say I wish I had someone like Febilian giving me hairstyle ideas. She's just absolutely fantastic. :nod:

Febilian likes this.
  13. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Aw :') Thank you! I guess I just got the itch to design some porpoise people things, haha... plus I really love the concept of the Orcana in general.

I mentioned it already, but Disney's version of Atlantis was a childhood favorite of mine. ;P

14. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

I just came across this; will definitely watch it and see how it progresses.

Just a quick question, is it possible to be a "whale" OR "dolphin"?

15. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Sure. Depending on what fin/pattern combo you choose when making your character, you can be all sorts of cetacea-like people.

Wulf_Oman likes this.
  16. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Unless they want to be a baleen whale, or a sperm whale that is. But that's for another time, yeah?

17. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I really lucked out there. I'm glad to have that kind of conceptual help.

True enough.

18. Mackinz

Updated to the latest version, and it seems you didn't fix this non-fatal error I had pointed out in addition to the duplicate issues:

Code:
    [13:16:46.489] Error: Could not load /items/guns/orcana/boltgun/novatier7revolver.png asset, using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/items/guns/orcana/boltgun/novatier7revolver.png'
    You should probably fix that. :V

Wulf_Oman likes this.
  19. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

DOH! :facepalm:

Thanks for letting me know... again. I fixed it. For some reason I changed all the other guns, and overlooked tier 7. Fortunately they are only placeholders for now, but that error will be corrected in the next update. I have decided to tackle the first three ship tiers so this update is going to take a little longer than I'd like.

Wulf_Oman and Mackinz like this.
  20. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Ok, I have A ship design to show. I'd like to hear some feedback on it while I add damage for tiers 1 and 2. There are things about the design that I like and others that I don't. I'll hold off on sharing those until I hear some community opinions though. Note that the captain's char, the ship door, and the teleporter have all received custom work. So what's the word?

orcana_ship_t3.jpg

KateisLost and Wulf_Oman like this.