1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Main Antagonist

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TehEpikMonk, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

It's Daft Punk.... using their robot powers for evil to enslave the entire universe! :rofl: no... but really maybe it's a race of musically entitled robot people that want to create a whole universe of robots! And maybe if you return to your original you see everyone with robot body parts and stuff and you see everything is all robot like... oh and they will kill you on sight unless you fight back >:D

2. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

I personally hope it's a race of super-advanced beings that was insulted by caveman versions of the protagonists race, and as such waited for said race to evolve to the point of space travel so they can utterly obliterate them as a show of their hate.

3. diskincluded

diskincluded Big Damn Hero

The player's obviously the villain.
    Why do I say that? Let's see, we fly around in space killing or capturing hapless NPCs and monsters, we perform experiments on our captives to develop new technology all with the purpose of going to kill even more things, and oh yes, the story starts with our entire planet being taken out just to try and get rid of us.

Krautzy, Jenkinz and TeoTheDriller like this.
  4. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

unknown(the pokemon).

5. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

Greatest thing I've read all day xD

6. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

Something big like the Grox from spore or something.

Krautzy and Cowskee like this.
  7. Vizendel

I hope it's a super-advanced race that the protagonists race insulted many years ago, the former race held a grudge and decided to destroy the protagonist race just for revenge, something away from the "HARHAR! I EVIL AND I KILLZ U"

8. Micmager

Micmager Aquatic Astronaut

I haven't read all of the information on this game yet but according to what I've read I highly doubt anything crashed into the planet. Leaving the only possibility with something that was already on the planet. Could be a computer virus or nano-tech but I think that's a little over played. I'm thinking it's more along the lines of an alien race with a special plant that roots itself deep inside the planet and absorbs all nutrients and energy from the planet until it explodes. The reason the player got out in time is because he is a botanist with a plant log and he stumbled onto the alien plant while trying to discover what was making his plants die. Then, realizing that there was no time to physically warn everyone else he sent a message to the planet about the impending doom and escaped on his shuttle which was damaged as the planet exploded from an unexpected explosive property of the plant feeding on his home world.

Discus.

9. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Well somebody had to say it.

Also your pic isn't working.

10. The Hired Muscle

The Hired Muscle Void-Bound Voyager

My guess is either:

A) All the fauna you gunned down was merely defending their territory and you're the bad guy (not that it would stop me, but still.)
    or
    :cool: Cosmic Horror.

11. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

Tree of Might much? Not say it's bad, but stll Dragon Ball Z already had a full length movie with that plot.

12. Micmager

Micmager Aquatic Astronaut

Not one person realized that the tree of might would make the earth crumble until Turles told them about it. He was also stopped. My theory was that noone knew about the plant until this guy went to find out what was killing his plants (got the idea from the leaked info about a plant log).

13. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Scientists created a super high powered particle accelerator which then caused micro black holes to spawn and consume the planet.

14. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Not much of an 'antagonist', is it? How about EVIL scientists?

15. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Some old guy who lays down challenges, enemies, and traps wherever you, the main character, try to follow him, all the while knowing that you would be able to surpass them, and therefore become stronger, and at one point the main character would reach finally reach this old man, and ask him, ''Why, why are you doing this?''. Then, an epic battle would commence, and between the main character and the old man, they would each know that they had finally met their match. But, the player, through sheer calculation error, would leave an opening for the old man to strike him down. Then, as the main character would lay defenseless, on the ground, with the old man approaching, ready to kill him...
    The old man would hand the player their weapon, a gun of legendary proportions, and he would then say ''You are finally ready.'' He would then vaporize, ready for death to take him, and then you, the player, the main character, would know...

That your father gave his life for you.

Or maybe the antagonist could just be some generic asshole who hates you for having beaten them at everything in school.

Krautzy and Vizendel like this.
  16. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

(⌐■_■)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    Mother of God.

Aviakio, Krautzy and Doctor Whooves like this.
  17. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

Most likely a doppelganger of your character from a parallel universe. o_O

18. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Moon hitler, obviously!

Krautzy and Chickenlord like this.
  19. Chickenlord

Chickenlord Void-Bound Voyager

Hahaha! "SCHNITZEL HAUSEN!"

20. Vizendel