[The Kingdoms] RP story building - All builders welcomed!

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by SivCorp, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Lichen

Lichen Big Damn Hero

Is this a Mod ???? what the chuck is this ?
    If not is there any mod that support this roleplay

2. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

You know what ... add me in ...

Kasali's Clan - Avali civilization.

From what I've seen Avali architecture is really hard to get right but really rewarding when you do.

3. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

It is a screenshot Roleplay, where we all build in the sameish universe and compete or cooperate with our kingdoms. Its a way to add some direction to us builders in the Starbound universe, learn from each other, and have some fun :)

Glad to have ya on board! Will add you right now.

4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

The problem is, this happens when I try to go on as the character:
    Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 9.03.12 PM.jpg
    It's just a black screen. I'll post something about it in the support forums, but for now I'm gonna try and start from scratch.

5. SivCorp

Make sure to delete your universe folder then... make sure it is a full clean slate.

The Squid likes this.
  6. moremuffin

Well the Avali are definitely proving a challenge to build for. Really hard to get the interior to look right but ... the main thing slowing me down is the fact that it's really hard to make myself leave a finished house. They're just too damn beautiful.

7. SivCorp

Well, remember there are all kinds of refugees stranded at the outpost that need beautiful homes too! :laugh:

8. moremuffin

I suppose I'm a bit late asking this, but what purpose do scientists serve as colonists? Allowing access to FU resources or just allowing a certain number of the FU crafting or extraction stations to be active or some other passive benefit?

9. SivCorp

The way I'm playing it is this - Every crafting bench needs an operator. So for mods that add stations, people are needed for those stations too. The player can only run one station, so people are needed for all the rest.

Asside from that, you can play it however you want. Just keep it believable. That's the challenge, and fun!

10. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

@SivCorp what mods are you using? This looks interesting. I want to play as a Novakid and build a city. It would work just fine for this. It would save some time if we could get fridges and other furniture by crafting.

11. SivCorp

Here are the mods I'm using. And remember, you are free to use more or none at all... so long as it isn't god items and such.

The one I'm using for the thrusters and ship parts is Hull Plating Blocks. It's old, but still works.
    I also use Blocktable Plus so I can craft all the blocks in game, not just raid dungeons for them.

The big one I use is Frakin Universe. Planets, power, bees, drinks, all kinds of stuff in this one.

I also like some automation from the Automatic Irrigator. Water pots are soooo not cool.

And for organization, I use the Item Broadcastor system. Once I'm organized, I stay organized

As far as furniture for crafting, I usually just scan and print from the ship. If that's not available, I will admin them in, if needed. I then take some wood/metals and fabric and delete them as "supplies" to "build" that furniture.

TheFloranChef and Ralij like this.
  12. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

RE: Blocktable Plus.
    That explains where you get all the grass-thatch materials from! Yoinked and downloaded.

SivCorp likes this.
  13. TheFloranChef

Cool mods. I've been wanting to check the Fracking Universe for a while. I think it's time. :)

14. TheFloranChef

So, can I join?

x: 248, y: 19 - Ragnarok Cradle - Civilization: Fort Ragnarok

15. SivCorp

But of course :)

Make sure you set up a post with The Kingdoms tag.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    TheFloranChef likes this.
  16. TheFloranChef

How exactly should I calculate the first line here:

>> food - [-2] - 40 crops/Chef 50 (+5), 190 water, 7 citizens (-7)
    >> health - [+1.5] - 4 food groups (+1 each), 1 water source (+1), no medicine (-.5 per person)
    >> housing - [0] – 5 beds in the Fort (+1 each), 2 beds in the farmhouse (+1 each), 7 citizens (-1 each)
    >> morale - [-6.5] - no clothing (-.5 per person), water lake under the bridge for recreation (+0.5 per 10), very basic sanitation (-0.5 per person)
    >> total - [-7] – unhappy and getting worse. Proper sanitation needed. More crops need to be planted.

Should I include points for the water (I have a Cistern now :))?

I'm giving 0.5 for a more rudimentary form of recreation and only -0.5 (instead of -1) for sanitation because there is something simple available.

17. SivCorp

I count water as 2 units needed per person. looks like 4 people supported from food, 5 from chef meals for a total of 9 people total. You will need 1 farmer and 5 chefs, so that leaves 3 people available for other duties.

18. TheFloranChef

Ok. But I have only 10 meals. "Chef 60" was the total. My colony is still on a very basic level, so I'll need more chefs and farmers to improve these numbers. But everything at its own time... :)

Edit: I will give +1 for the excess water and I actually have 50 crops because rice only takes 1 block. So things are not that bad.

SivCorp likes this.
  19. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there any rule forbidding the use of simple abandoned structures like this one?
    [​IMG]
    It's not like I'm using technology I don't have, I just wanted to skip the starting stage and jump directly to the point I have some basic infrastructure, even though I don't have the workers. I'm talking about an abandoned fort at the top of the hill, and a barn and a blacksmith at the bottom.

TheFloranChef and SivCorp like this.
  20. SivCorp

Sure!

Just tell a bit of story on the discovery of the abandoned stuff. You can also make some technological leaps so long as you work a good story into it.

TheFloranChef likes this.