1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

The game is literally a "slideshow" (lots of lag), even with all the fixes I've tried.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TheArcuzHunter, May 16, 2018.

1. TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Void-Bound Voyager

Gracias amigo pero soy bilingue xd, I know that the game does require a lot of processor work and whatnot, but I just wanted to play as fast or as good as I could in the laptop, and Im trying to play on a desktop computer (sorry for repeating myself, had to clarify so that no one misses out on this stuff), I just started a new game, deleted the game and installed it again, same issue in the first planet where you are forced to land on.
    I dont have it but I just know for sure that the Laptop is not better than the desktop computer that I'm trying to run the game without problems on, besides, the laptop is not even what Im asking for, Im asking how to get rid of the "slideshow" (freeze framing) when the day cycles every 15-30 seconds (this is the reason of why my game freezes frames, only when the day cycles at all times in the first planet where you are forced to land on) ON the desktop computer, the laptop again, is not important at all at this moment because I am not trying to run the game there anymore, and dont have access to that laptop anymore.

2. TheArcuzHunter

One of my replies was deleted. Not cool, Mods? maybe it didnt sent but idk its not showing up. Sigh, no one has ever had this problem before? Am I the first one to have it? The problem never goes away, when the day cycles and shifts from the different positions of the sun, the game freezes in between them... No one has found a fix for this? Please? Anyone?

3. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

forum issue: I have had this issue with high latency. not any1 deleting ur posts

game issue: I had this issue on my compotato, but not on this 1. u really should try upgrading/replacing hardware

here's a hint on how bad my compotato was: it could barely run a SNES emulator, much less anything else

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    TheArcuzHunter likes this.
  4. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

It's a hardware problem, it does not have more mystery, Starbound is demanding, people think that because it's Pixel Art style you can move it with anything, you need a decent processor to play the game decently, the graphics are more secondary, but it also counts .

An integrated graphic of a processor socket 1150 is very fair to play at 1080p, you need a graphic something more powerful than that, but little more, the processor is the most important.

I play with a G4560 and it goes perfectly:

Micro G4560 -> 60 or 70 dollars?
    Motherboard MSI H110M PRO-D (bios updated, does the store) -> 50 or 55 dollars?
    RAM -> 80 or 90 dollars?

Upgrading a tower is relatively cheap, with any average decent graphic you can move Starbound decently with hardware like that xD (a gtx 1050 2gb comes out cheap and you have plenty for this game and many others).

If you can not spend money, the problem will continue, this is what there is.

5. TheArcuzHunter

Welp. Someday I'll be able to run it on a good gaming PC that I buy myself in the near future. Do you know if this game costs the same as the steam version same price as for the PS3 edition?
    The laptop that I used to run Starbound smoothly on was able to run Dead space 3 at 30-45 fps. Maybe its just that this desktop computer that Im using rn doesnt have as much micro processing capacity as the Laptop. But IDK everything about computers. Im a noob at computers.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  6. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Of ps4 I do not know, but XONE is in development and it seems that there is not much left for its output.