The elder scroll-series

Discussion in 'Games' started by jeisy, Jul 7, 2016.

?

Best elder-scroll game?

1. I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. III

25.0%
  4. IV

25.0%
  5. V

50.0%
  1. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I usually try to be as canonical as possible so I don't know that many.

2. Skelozard1

Skelozard1 Phantasmal Quasar

I've played a little bit of Morrowind and Oblivion and I stopped to play Skyrim when I reached lvl. 49. Now I'm currently playing TES: Online :fusrodah:
    Is it here someone who plays it too?

3. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I played it. Now I'm just conflicted: I've been trying to stay away from it because it became a scam (it might have changed), but my elder scrolls nostalgia makes me want to pick it up again.

4. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

You may want to check this out:

The largest Skyrim mod to date. And essentially TES: VI in many people's eyes.

It's not exactly something simple to start with... But I'm shamelessly plugging here. ^_^

jeisy likes this.
  5. Skelozard1

For what I've seen the game is pretty enjoyable now :p

6. buffalojoe99

buffalojoe99 Void-Bound Voyager

Get yourself a damn mod like Imperius and upgrade your experience 10 fold. don't waste time with the bland character creation and samesy races in the vanilla.

jeisy likes this.
  7. jeisy

jeisy Space Hobo

Thanks guys, ill check your suggestions.

8. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

I'd say that you've forgotten about the special powers among the races, the only power you did mention was the Khajits night vision.

If I get to say so myself, the Orcs Berserker rage ability is at least pretty good to have when you're playing on higher difficulties due to you only taking half the damage, aswell as you do double physical damage instead. And against the Ebony Warrior it's OP as fudge!
    The Redguards Adrenaline rush is good for running away like a wuss from a tough fight, but it can also be good to dish out lots of power attacks.
    Battle Cry from the Nord is good when you're surrounded by people who wants to make you their play-thing. It can quite a nuisance though to run after all said enemies, due to the fact that they're afraid of becoming your play-things instead.
    Argonians Histskin gives you a x10 times faster health regeneration. It's better to use it before a hard fight though, so you're not caught with your pants down, low on health and get executed.
    High elfs Highborn speeds up your magicka regeneration. I do agree that magic in Skyrim is not as good as a iron-clad warrior, but an Altmer is always a good choice for a burst mage.
    Imperial Voice of the emperor is basically the nordic Battle cry. But if I recall correctly, if you attack someone under the effect of this power will turn hostile immediatly.
    Wood elfs Command animal is if I get to say so myself not so good later. But it's good to have when you're on a low level and three bears suddenly decide to jump out at you. It's also good to have around a giant camp, as the mammoths will give you a helping hand.
    Dark elfs Ancestors Wrath is basically just a flame cloak. But due to that you don't need any magicka to use this is pretty good to have when you're low on said energy source and you're surrounded. It's also good to have when you're just simply playing as a warrior or something similar.
    Bretons Dragonskin, absorbs 50% of the magicka used by an enemies spell that hits you. It's pretty much just good against enemy spellusers if you're a mage yourself, otherwise it's pretty useless.
    And then we have the Khajits night vision, it can be used as many times as you want during a day, but you hardly never need that kind of light when you're playing Skyrim if I get to say so myself.

jeisy likes this.
  9. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't forget.

I left a note extremely early into it. While I can't speak for everyone I personally don't choose a race based on their extremely limited trump card. I either never use it trying to save it for "when I need it" which pretty much become never or I try to use it too much and discover that the day isn't quite over yet within the darkness of a dungeon.

10. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

So I'm gonna try ESO again... Is it good or bad that I have forgotten both the name and password for it?
    --- Post updated ---
    I need to reinstall the game cause it's always been having trouble downloading updates. Nothing is fixed it seems. 0% in an hour. And is the size supposed to be five numbers long in megabits? Any help would be appreciated.

11. Skelozard1

Where are you playing it?

12. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you mean my location, Finland. If you mean the magaserver, europe. If you are asking if I have a good internet, hell yea.

13. Skelozard1

I mean like if you download it directly from the website, or you have it on Steam/any console. I don't know if that interferes on the download but I updated my game today and it worked fine

14. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Oh. It was from their website to my computer.

15. Skelozard1

Hm... maybe the launcher is downloading the updates but it doesn't show it

16. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

The launcher never tells you what it's downloading. It may previously have reinstalled the whole game when it was supposed to update.