1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Currency Converter

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by knarfc, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Yea, Space Police.

2. Cobaltcakes

Cobaltcakes Cosmic Narwhal

*Walks into Currency Exchange*
    Me: "Hey, I'd like to convert this $100 bill to pixels, please. I need to buy a laser pistol."

Exchange dude: "...........
    Sir, here's the address for the local psych ward, I'd suggest you stop by."

3. Merch

Merch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1 pound/dollar per pixel mate.

TwinkleToes likes this.
  4. TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes Void-Bound Voyager

ok, i am not actually trying to buy stuff with pixels. i am not THAT crazy. i just want to be able to price stuff easier than having to aproxamate

5. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pfft. Mario and Zelda.. What happened to the US Dollar-oh wait-It will be worth nothing by the time this game dates o.o
    ~ John

TwinkleToes likes this.
  6. CrateMuncher

CrateMuncher Big Damn Hero

1 ear. Yes, an ear. A.K.A. an øre. A Danish coin. Worth 1/100 of a crown. Yes, a crown. A.K.A. a krone. A Danish coin. Worth around 1/6 of a dollar. So 1 pixel = 1 ear = 0.01 crowns = 0.00177142 dollars.

7. TwinkleToes

and u know this how?

777eza likes this.
  8. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

I prefer credits as my currency although I don't know the ratio for credits to a CANADIAN dollar is ya that's right I'm talking about Loonies for I AM CANADIAN
    and have you heard of the Hungarian 100 Million Billion dollar bill Rampant inflation in 1946 Hungary lead to the bill with the highest denomination ever, the 100 million, billion Pengo, worth about 20 American pennies.

TwinkleToes likes this.
  9. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Well, you see, this camera which has 21 Megapixels, or 21,000,000 pixels costs $2999.00.

This means that for if you just wanted to buy one pixel worth, according to my calculations, which are so very accurate, it would cost (2999/21000000 or)
    $0.000142809524 per pixel.

10. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

lol another great thing about Canada is that Canada has released the largest piece of legal tender in the world. The $1 million Canadian dollar coin, is made of 99.999% gold bullion and weighs 220 pounds. It sells for more than twice it’s face value because of the price of gold oh ya go Canada and its 220 pound coin.
    [​IMG]

TwinkleToes likes this.
  11. CrateMuncher

Because i live in Denmark, stupid.

Starheaven07 likes this.
  12. TwinkleToes

no not that, that the pixel relates to that. i am being so picky because i asked a question to an administrator, and they said between .01 and 1000,000,000, dollars.
    i do not doubt your denmarkianity.(is that a word?)

13. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, keep it friendly ok? this is no place for fighting...

CrateMuncher and TwinkleToes like this.
  14. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I'm not sure how this is even a question. The money systems are not only mutually exclusive, but one doesn't even properly exist yet. Not only that but the exact value of currency itself varies over time due to inflation and other factors.

If you assume that the values seen so far are for testing (and therefore you can get pretty much anything for under 10000 pixels) then you could easily compare the value of a pixel to one penny, or one dollar. One arbitrary comparison is as good as any other.

TwinkleToes likes this.
  15. TwinkleToes

ok

16. CrateMuncher

No idea, it was an estimate. Game money tend to be valued low. And then have a higher tier that's valued 100 (sometimes 1000) times more.

17. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

I imagine it would be roughly in the same neighborhood as the Final Fantasy Gil, which is currently weak against the Dark Cloud Gilda which in turn is roughly equal with the Terrarian gold piece.

18. Ashen

Ashen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait does this indicate that Starbound’s currency will be 1050 times better than the original Super Mario bros currency?

100 coins = 1up.

Furious George has 9999999 pixels

9999999 = about 133333.32 lives

Mario would die if you exceeded 127 lives due to a counter roll over

In order to reach 9999999 coins in Mario then you would have to see roughly 1050 game overs.

Therefore Starbounds currency is 1050 times better than Super Mario's currency.

So, now how do we figure out the currency of Zelda's rupee versus Starbounds?

19. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

I got some math to do...

TwinkleToes likes this.
  20. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

In which game does it do that? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.