1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed THE BUGS WE ALREADY KNOW: Frequently reported issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by GreyMaria, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerbil1233

Gerbil1233 Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for all the trouble, but it seems to not be working...

2. GreyMaria

GreyMaria Existential Complex

Can't get your Matter Manipulator to reach farther? Or is it not letting you back into your ship after you clean the teleporter room?

3. Gerbil1233

It is still not letting me back into my ship...

4. GreyMaria

Rrrgh...

See, what this implies now is that the player's spawn point is actually being MOVED for some stupid reason.

What happens if you clog the area where you currently spawn with dirt?

5. Gerbil1233

would you by any chance know a way to extend the reach of the player? that way I can get into my bed.

6. Gerbil1233

yeah I tried that before and it didn't work

7. GreyMaria

Hang on! I think we can do that. Just before the initialBeamGunRadius is an interactRadius. You should try setting that to a high number; you should be able to climb into your Captain's Chair from outside your ship by doing that.

8. Gerbil1233

Perfect!! Thank you so much for your help!! I guess i'll just have to wait until a new patch or something for my spawn point to be reset

9. GreyMaria

I just edited my original recommendation to use the new fix for getting into your ship. It also includes half-assed instructions on how to replace your .shipworld to fix the spawn point.

10. Gerbil1233

Ok! Thanks again!! :)

11. BeLe

BeLe Big Damn Hero

I really doubt the multiplayer item duplication on ship bug will ever be fixed. It's because the shipworld is sent to the server when the player connects. I'd guess it just discards the data on disconnect. er, when the last person leaves the ship anyway.
    You'd have to make it cache the data to feasibly fix it, and it doesn't seem right to make a server cache a shipworld when there could potentially be 12+ players connecting frequently.
    Ed: the server owner could also then set the shipworlds as worlds and go to them to loot them.. or make a torrent of them for players to loot.

12. GreyMaria

No, it's easily solvable by booting players from the ship once the ship's owner disconnects, and pinging the ship's owner when a player tries to perform an action on the ship.

BeLe likes this.
  13. GreyMaria

Le bump for visibility.

Has anyone been seeing bug reports cropping up repeatedly that aren't listed here?

14. Mankiler478

Mankiler478 Space Hobo

I'm not sure if it's just me but the distress beacon isn't working for me at all I put it on long flat ground and activate it but nothing seems to happen.

15. Russy

Russy Pangalactic Porcupine

They could just program into the game that if the ship owner leaves, all players get sent back to their own ship

16. Gerbil1233

Well, I'm a victim of this one but it's an easy fix:
    On Mac when you boot up Starbound for the first time, it will say Starbound quit unexpectedly or something if you have an OS older than 10.7 or such. You just need to download OS X Mavericks or whatever is compatible with your Mac on the App store and bam, fixed.

17. Gerbil1233

I guess it's not really a bug, but still

18. TheSilverKnight

TheSilverKnight Phantasmal Quasar

It might be worth noting as a bug that the Survival gear to be able to explore Moons and asteroid fields becomes craft able in tier 3 gamma sector yet requires durasteel which isn't unlock until tier 4.

19. GreyMaria

Noted.

20. MOSG

MOSG Intergalactic Tourist

What about the target blink bug that corrupts you character. Had it happen to me 5-6 days ago and there is no fix for it. Basically if you are spamming Targeted blink and get dc'd you're screwed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.