The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I feel like Mr. Princeling is in a lot of trouble. =D

2. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The Avali may be immune to the fungus, but the other researchers aren't. They aren't going to risk causing an outbreak they're trying to prevent.
    Actually, yes. I'm going to replace the steel with Imperviem blocks once I have enough. In the end weakest point will be the observation window

3. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

so is anyone else getting constantly kicked from the IRC?

4. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Yup.

5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I haven't been on the IRC today...though yesterday I wasn't having issues with it. Maybe it has learned of this thread, and is throwing a hissy fit because of it?
    Nah, that couldn't be it...

6. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Sheesh I was in the dentist's office only an hour and this thread went full speed the whole time.

7. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Airlocks and the room having a vacuum to suck out all the air to make a airless environment ;) Kind of hard for anything living that breathes a certain atmosphere to survive when said atmosphere is sucked away :p

8. Myifee

Myifee Guest

I haven't been able to connect for a long while now.

Anyone can use Reksalya in a fanfic or such. Her personality is mine, so if you want to but don't know enough about her, just ask me. Not that people would, but hey, gotta offer.

Marxon likes this.
  9. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

well, sucking the air out of an environment where the biggest hazard is airborne means that air better go straight into a furnace

10. Requiemfang

very powerful air filters would be the thing you want. A lot of military and research labs (even civilian ones) have very powerful air filters and self contained environments. How do you think they keep clean rooms clean?

J_Mourne likes this.
  11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

About adding mods. If I add a avali mod, and make a avali character, but later on remove the mod, what happens?

Is this the right place to ask?

12. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Bah. I'm trying to write this backstory out as an actual, y'know, story, but I can't get the intro right... this is always the worst part of writing!

13. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

when dealing with any airborne biohazard, you don't take chances, use both

14. Requiemfang

In Ambassador G'kar's voice: INDEED!

15. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Cold open straight to action when you don't have any better ideas. The introduction of a story doesn't have to introduce the characters, necessarily, just hook the reader.

16. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm still holding off on giving fiction writing in general a second chance, first time I tried it... never mind.

17. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

gotta be careful when opening to action, when you open the story at a breakneck pace the reader will expect it to retain that pace, you have to at least introduce the characters

18. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm not sure if the Agaron fungus is airborne. But as I said, this is where they research the most dangerous outbreaks of any kind. They've taken every precaution physically possible. When you have the Blood Wolf Dragoons funding you, how much it costs isn't a concern, it's "if I double the price can I get it twice as fast" that gets asked the most

19. Valiance30156

Valiance30156 Big Damn Hero

Hmm, since we're talking about locking things up, have any of you seen the measures taken to store data on large-scale server farms? Way back when I took a network course, I learned it was almost standard practice to have a very cold temperature inside, with airlocks and vacuums to keep the environment as 'clean' as possible. As long as there weren't any people inside, there was no oxygen.

I wouldn't of thought that people would resort to an airless vacuum just for servers. Kinda makes you wonder...

20. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

most fungus's are airborne, it's how spores work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.