The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Show me a bald Avali. No fuzz or fur or feather anywhere. In high resolution.
    Kinda like these two depictions right here :3

[​IMG]

2. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

:/
    I'll see if I can help.

3. Myifee

Myifee Guest

I think they're confusing that it's rare in general to that.

4. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

MY EEEEEYEEEESSSSSS!!! :x

5. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

The thread has seen some unnatural levels of stupidity... Let's lay off the stims for a bit guys. I think there's something in them :/

6. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

I agree with Ice

Marxon likes this.
  7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Nanites.
    There's nanites in them. they fuck you up hardcore. I learned that the hard way
    :I

8. 0deneb0

What, me stims, never *faints from cuteness stims*

9. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Oh god the pink is back.
    THE PINK HAS RETURNED
    RUN
    RUN FOR THE HILLS BEFORE IT SPREADS TO YOU! RUN, BITCH, RUUUUUUUUN!

10. BountyXSnipe

BountyXSnipe Void-Bound Voyager

After looking at Starbound's wiki, the default races have racial specific armor that have passive effects on them. For instance, apex have increased running speed and jump height, avians can glide, hylotls can swim faster and breathe underwater.

What would be the Avali's racial specific armor ability? If they did have one.

11. MrMadmanx2

to glide through the air. and correction, Avaians Fly, not glide

12. 0deneb0

FETCH THE ACID!!!!!!!!!! :mwahaha:

13. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Like Madman said, gliding. I also wouldn't be surprised if some cold resistance was slipped in, if the race itself can't have the temperature gauge shifted to be warm on cold worlds, and overheat on anything else.
    That is, when SB implements overheating, and if they have planets that have different temperature ranges, not just one biome having one rang (Fucking cold-Cold-Temperate(cold at night-Hot-Fucking hot)

14. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Gliding, probably.

Another option that has occurred to me would be passive light generation to represent their ability to "hear" in total darkness. But them just being able to glide like the Avians eventually will seems more probable.

15. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

am I the only one thinking that with their use of powered armor the avali armor should offer a slightly increased carry capacity? or improved jump height maybe? or possibly even increased damage with melee weapons?

16. BountyXSnipe

BountyXSnipe Void-Bound Voyager

If Avians didn't have gliding/flying in the first place, the Avalis would very likely have that ability. But coming up with something unique and interesting for the Avali may take a bit of time. (Unless Ryu already has an idea, we've yet to see what Avalis can do with a complete set of armor)

17. MrMadmanx2

A very good point

18. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

plus because avali armor is incompatible with the sprites for any other race, it seems almost moot

19. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Humans are planned to get increased carry capacity.
    Apex are planned to get improved jump height.

I'd prefer for them to either glide or have a completely unique ability.

20. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Seconded.
    Again, increased cold resistance plus glide would be nice (I could see default armor having cold resistance, and then with the full set/a special back item you can glide or something)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.