The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Dammit, cannot unsee bacon-banner now xD

Intrebute, Marxon and Skuljagger like this.
  2. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

FOR ALL YOUR AEROGEL™ COOKING NEEDS

3. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

GOOGLEY SPECIMEN!!! also, the blocks instead of bars change won't affect anyone who uses the more blocks mod, since that changes the blocks to require bars anyways. Just a heads up. Also GOOGLEY SPECIMEN!!!

4. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

First:
    I approve of the bars to blocks change. Using blocks lets us turn our pixels into furniture instead of our precious, precious ores. So precious. My precious.​

Second:
    Icebelly; how'd you get Nexeron to make you that delightful image, and how much control over the process did you have?​

Third:
    I can't tell who is behind the Reks/Ice shipping thing, but I certainly think that Reks is purposefully contributing and Ice isn't stopping it by protesting his innocence. Of course, the nature of such things is that the more they're mentioned the more permanent they become. So consider this little paragraph of discussion my gift to you, Icebelly!
    Lastly:
    ...what the hell, thread?​

5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Pop Quiz: Why does "fridge" have a d in it, but refrigeration does not?

I forgot you can fabricate blocks using pixels. Not that that's a problem, it makes sense in a fashion and gives players a means to craft furniture while in higher tiers (Since they need iron ore to make steel/iron bars), originally it was just a matter of immersiveness (having to turn the metal bars into sheets to cut to shape)

Yes :wut:

6. J_Mourne

Abbreviation, probably influenced by the proprietary name Frigidaire . So I'd guess the "D" comes from the "D" in "Frigid".

If you think I knew that off the top of my head, you underestimate Teh Googlez.

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Don't you mean "your neural uplink to the nexus". "Neural augmentation, you need it as much as you need a hole in your head!"

8. BountyXSnipe

BountyXSnipe Void-Bound Voyager

Hello guys Avalis. I've been using the Avali mod for quite awhile now, but joining this thread is completely new to me. :p

I absolutely love the Avali race. (Obviously the reason why I'm here)

9. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

every time anyone mentions the nexus I can only picture a Tecarian bear-hugging an avali and saying "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship," and then I snicker at the idea of a battle droid bear-hugging somebody

beware traveler, turn back while you still can

10. Myifee

Myifee Guest

I will admit that I fell to temptation to solicit it a bit, mostly because I knew the others would blow it way out of proportion. So to that, I plead guilty.

As to Avali arts. I know Avali culture revolves around music, but before the introduction of augmented reality surely they had things that were visually pleasing to them

Icebelly likes this.
  11. J_Mourne

...sure.

I don't have a problem with roleplaying an Avali, but I can't help but notice that its what tends to throw the thread into a tizzy, but now you've forced my hand. This blood is on your hands!

Look away quick, things are (eventually) gonna get wierd.

12. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

"Fridge" is a slang term, the actual name is "refrigerator", which, of course, doesn't have a 'd'. The 'd' in fridge is for phonetic purposes.

What about the Protoss? Their command building is called a nexus and they have telepathic links to each other. Seems pretty similar to me.

13. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Many many pages to read. leaves for a few.

14. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

well yes but that's telepathic, not electronic, the whole electrical data network is part of why the Tecarians don't get along with most aliens, the instantaneous availability of all sorts of data leaves them with a very different society.

15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It's even weirder now I got in on the Wildstar beta, because the planet Wildstar takes place on is called nexus

16. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

I wonder if the Mecari have an electrical network

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They run on glowing crystals it seems... unless you dye it orange in which case they are probably running on AEROGEL (tm) :p

18. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

damnit I should have done that! white plating and an orange crystal instead of silver plating and a yellow crystal

19. BountyXSnipe

BountyXSnipe Void-Bound Voyager

Weird huh?

20. Marcorri

Marcorri Void-Bound Voyager

not that kind of weird more like M.A.D. weird

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.