OOC The Amber Roma

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

The door-bot shook his head at the Phobe's antics, and stalked back to its post, muttering to itself; "Just one more guest, one more, then I can dry out my circuits and not have to deal with these inbeciles ever again... Bah... Door-duty... He knows I get grumpy in the rain..."

Meanwhile, the servo-bot in the parlour greated the Phobe gregariously; "Hello, Mr. Spaventra! What a pleasant way to introduce yourself; it reminds me of President Candington, whose drapes are over here; and those drapes belonged to famous writer Jain S. S. Marvin, and that rug belonged to the leader of the Plew Plux Plan..."

Relten likes this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

(Well, now I know why Mr. E kept insisting that Luie was one of the best and brightest.)

Attempting to comb back her storm-blown hair, the Apex considered her options. Either she'd inadvertently made some unforgivable mistake in etiquette (besides ignoring the bot at the door, which was bad enough), or she quite simply wasn't supposed to be here. The letter had to have been a mistake... surely the man hadn't wanted her, of all people; he must have put down the wrong name, or something. She most certainly didn't belong here, in a room full of drapes, rugs, robots, and mysteriously cloaked figures who appeared out of smoke.

She made one last, halfhearted attempt at asking for a towel.

3. Vurrunna

Just as Luie was turning to ask for a towel, she found that one had already been draped over her shoulders; even more curious was that it had a note attatched to it:

"SB-76: Please deliver this towel directly to Miss Luie. Then move some of those confounded drapes; they're covering the ventilation system.

Tonight must be flawless, SB-76. Don't let me down.

P.S. Don't forget to leave this note on the towel, preferably somewhere obvious to see. We wouldn't want Miss Luie thinking she doesn't belong, now do we?"

Highly peculiar, to say the least.

("And this rug belonged to Sir Siri Sirs Sirsis of Siriis Sirsi...")

<<Also, for accents, I think a foreign word here and there does wonders. The moment I realized 'Signor' was pronounced 'Seen-yor,' I gave Monte a light Spanish-Italian accent (they're pretty similar). For Luie, I'd suggest throwing in a few French words here and there; otherwise, I hear scientist and z's for s's and think German. :p >>

Alkanthe likes this.
  4. ZAYABUCKET

ZAYABUCKET Spaceman Spiff

The cloaked figure reentered the room through the entrance holding one of Monte's smoke bombs. Looking down at it he said, "I have always liked these." He then slowly walked over to a chair near the wall & sat down, still staring at the bomb.

5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Gale claps at the marvelous performance.
    "Wow! What an entrance! That was honestly quite fantastic! And don't worry about the bloodstain, I've already analyzed the sample... Turns it's_____"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm going to let you either finish her sentence or cut her off with a servo-bot. Normally I would stick in something there, but I feel like you should be responsible for at least some of the details.

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

(Can do... honestly, I get the accents mixed up sometimes too. In some ways they're awfully similar. :p)

How did the towel get there?! She hadn't recalled seeing any bot come up to her... was she really that blind to them? As she pulled the towel off her shoulder, she noticed the attached note.

"I 'ave so many questions right now..." she muttered to herself as she scanned the piece of paper. It seemed this manor was a breeding ground for questions, which didn't usually come so easily to her. Well, at least one of them was answered now: she was supposed to be here, and someone thought she belonged. Surveying the room again, she still disagreed with his assessment. She doubted she really belonged with these strange, bold beings. Hailing a passing servo-bot, the woman meekly asked, "May I - that is, is it possible that I could speak with Monsieur E?"

7. Vurrunna

(Hm... SneakyBox has yet to plant himself in, so we can either pretend this part is after he arrives or he might introduce himself in a seperate fashion later.)

Interrupting Gale just as she was about Lycanthrope, a large, authoritative servo-bot entered the room.

"Greetings!" he said in a booming voice; "I see you have all arrived, yes? Good, good, very good. Ah, Mr. E? He will be arriving shortly. But please, have some tea, breath some air--ah, you two, the one in the cloak and the one with the hat--stay where you are, please. One moment."

Suddenly, the room began to fill with green gas coming from the vents. Monte received a nasty smack on the back of the head, knocking him senseless (and unconscious), while the mysterious cloaked man was shocked from behind by some sort of prod. Gale had already found herself growing sleepy after drinking her tea, and Luie found herself directly under a vent, causing knock-out gas to--what else?--knock her out in moments.

As the party of explorers lay unconscious all around, SB-76 allowed himself a triumphant chuckle. "Flawless..."

<<I'll be setting up the main RP thread later today; from what I've seen so far, it ought to be very fun! Normally, I won't knock you all out without your say in the matter, but it was pre-established that this would be the outcome; plus, I wanted to move into the main plot as quickly as possible.>>

8. Jareix Cryvix

I can't wait to get started! :rofl: this will be fun.

9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Indeed it will be! ...I hope. I'm still feeling a bit under-skilled for this, but I am excited!

10. ZAYABUCKET

"aaaaaaaah -ah -aah -ah -erh -gzrk"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sounds painful...
    Yes... very muchly so.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  11. Vurrunna

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

By the way, Mr. Roboto, your text color of choice is pretty hard to read outside (with the standard, dark forum background). And I'm not even talking direct sunlight.

You don't HAVE to change it, but just be aware of that.

ZAYABUCKET likes this.
  13. ZAYABUCKET

Noted

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Thanks.

Relten and ZAYABUCKET like this.
  15. SneakyBox

SneakyBox Pangalactic Porcupine

Forgive me, I've been trying to post for a while, but every time I try, it's been interrupted by life(Tests,Family,Etc.). I'll still try do my best to fit in.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Relten and Alkanthe like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It seems exactly like something he'd do... xD

And the metal guy should totally get a nickname like Mr. Roboto. But he probably won't be getting it from Luie...[DOUBLEPOST=1444180063][/DOUBLEPOST]
    that is all

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  17. Jareix Cryvix

I fixed that autocorrect... I purse my phone sometimes...

SneakyBox likes this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yeah... Not to worry, my devices always want to autocorrect it too. :p But I always fix it...

19. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I did a thing. I'm not super pleased with it yet, and it's not a super dynamic pose, but...
    [​IMG]

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

The extremely tall and thin Phobe and the very short and stocky Apex.

Why did I not see before how hilarious this is?
    I mean he could literally just hold something at his head height and she wouldn't be able to reach it at all probably.

Tatterdemalion likes this.