1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Raymond1991

Raymond1991 Phantasmal Quasar

Lol that explains why florans are friendly with only the glitch I guess since they cant eat them.

Zehrok and Villhelm like this.
  2. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

Florans are pretty friendly with Avians too. Actually almost everyone is.
    Blasbo Babbins would like to request that you not make any racial superiority/inferiority claims, as everyone involved is no more right than everyone else. Different isn't better or worse, just different. Furthermore, Blasbo Babbins would like to request that you stick to proven claims and claims logically following from proven claims, and that you not use lore that has since been retconned out (the tech hijackery of the florans was retconned out, for instance).

3. Villhelm

Villhelm Phantasmal Quasar

the avians accidentally gave floran interstellar tech and tried to contain them by barricading they're planet, as a race, i seriously doubt they have a positive outlook on the florans as a whole, also i agree. No race is perfect, they each have their pros and cons, just stating fact's and preventing over-exaggerations;).

4. Your Buddy Bill

Blasbo Babbins reminds you that the Avians did not accidentally give the Florans interstellar tech, and that the bio lore is non-canon since newer lore has replaced it.

5. Villhelm

well i can happily say I've learned something this thread, although i still doubt the avians have any positive relashions with the florans (they still eat them, mind you they eat every other biological race).

6. Your Buddy Bill

Blasbo Babbins notes that Avian players get the most positive responses of all races ingame.
    Blasbo Babbins must do an analysis of the internal dialogue to obtain definitive numbers.

7. Villhelm

exactly, that proves my point that avians dont like florans, all theyre AI generally friendly to all races (too friendly, read the thread)so their a biased opinion and according to the cannon and general knowledge, they hate each other. The only race that is clearly portrayed to be friendly to them are the glitch.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  8. beari78

beari78 Guest

So they'd be friends with the Novakin AND the Glitch? Heck yes! Good allies!

9. beari78

beari78 Guest

I was talking about this post.

10. the spanish inqusition

the spanish inqusition Space Penguin Leader

but if you look at an avian spawner. All the races say things that cant be interperted as negative. sorry for the horrible grammar.

11. Raymond1991

Raymond1991 Phantasmal Quasar

Aww TERRIBLE hate knowing lore can be changed well atm though lore Ive seen shows florans negatively heck shows a lot of them negatively

12. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I don't really see the problem with Floran cannibalism. They live in a society where eating the dead is acceptable, because they waste nothing. It's not like they frequently murder each other and eat the bodies. It's their version of burial/cremation.

Yes, that explains why nearly all avian lines towards Florans are friendly. Would you like some examples, you obnoxious, assumptious hylotl prick? That was a rhetorical question. I'm going to give some examples.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few examples for you to look at.

Stop basing your arguments off of outdated and non-canon lore.

beari78 likes this.
  13. beari78

beari78 Guest

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Your Buddy Bill

I'm pretty sure in America today, while most of the methods to obtain one are not illegal, the act of eating a human brain is not illegal.
    At least, I'm still a free man.

15. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

"Cannibalism is the nonconsensual consumption of another human's body matter. In the United States, there are no laws against cannibalism per se, but the act of cannibalism would probably violate laws against murder and against desecration of corpses."
    ~www.law.cornell.edu/wex/cannibalism

16. blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

Good to see FungusTrooper's monster contest entry being used, in a way :D.

17. Your Buddy Bill

Great job missing the joke.

18. beari78

beari78 Guest

I believe he was trying to prove your point.

Lecic likes this.
  19. Daimoth

Daimoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think they're fungal space hillbillies, myself.

20. Villhelm

it is, my friend plays as a floran and i was there to bare witness to a floran threatening to eat him.

That wasn't very appreciative, at the very least, read the entire fucking conversation before you start spouting stupid shit like this. http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/creepiest-quotes-youve-found.67764/