1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. KingCake

KingCake Space Penguin Leader

What if we had a long range mining tool that works slowly but lets you mine infected material without risking infection.

2. beari78

beari78 Guest

Upgrade of the Matter Manipulator?

3. TheChoclateBare

TheChoclateBare Void-Bound Voyager

theirs a laser mining tool in the code, one has one use before it breaks, and cant be repaired, but that could be implemented

4. TheChoclateBare

a laser mining tool

5. beari78

beari78 Guest

Is the Matter Manipulator not a laser?

6. Sirsir94

Sirsir94 Orbital Explorer

Seems to me a new altar has joined the Agaran Menace
    [​IMG]
    Funnily enough the fountain up there is titled 'Torture Device

7. KingCake

Nah. It should work slowly, making it's only practical use farming infected blocks. Could be something crazy, like an enlarged shovel, and upgraded matter manipulator range server well too.

8. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

They're growing stronger...

KILL THEM ALL!

SirKaldar likes this.
  9. KingCake

That actually scares me quite a lot. Poison water. :wut:

10. TheChoclateBare

There is an item called laser mining tool in the code, it has one use and is practically not working right now, but they could add it for long range mining

11. beari78

beari78 Guest

I see, anyways, good night everyone.

12. KingCake

That wouldn't really work. We're shooting for something that is only practically useful for gathering dangerous stuff from a distance, too slow to mine anything else.

13. KingCake

Night.

14. Hawk Novablast

Maybe some sort of Biohazard Manipulator, a special type of Matter Manipulator, crafted with 10 steel, 100 pixels and one diamond (to focus the beam). It would mine even slower then the matter manipulator, so its only use would be for collecting mushroom items.

15. TheChoclateBare

Thats exaclty what would be needed, except more expensive, since mushrooms would be very dangerous

16. KingCake

That actually sounds great, how would you refine it though? It's technically hazardous material so would you need a special table/device to return it to it's non-hazardous, controlled, basic form?

17. TheChoclateBare

You could you pre enraged koala mushroom blocks to get the DNA and use the DNA to make a Virus table

18. Hawk Novablast

Well, you'd use the infected version for the cure, but for a pure version for recipes (chests, chairs, table, couch, etc.) you should use some sort of Purification Chamber. Looks kinda like the Human cloning chamber, when you interact with it a slot opens up and deploys a tray, to place items you wish to purify. You use it to change whatever infected mushroom blocks and items would drop (Infected Spore?), and, combine it with 10 pixels per spore and it makes a Purified Spore, which is then used to craft the mushroom blocks and furniture.

19. KingCake

Sounds great. Though that means you could only obtain the cure through gathering infected blocks.

20. Hawk Novablast

Wasn't that the original point? Use some of the virus to make the antivirus, just like its done in real life.