1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. sneakyarrow

sneakyarrow Master Chief

I think it is only fair that the Agaran prey on the Florans. The Florans are a carnivorous warlike species that are, as pointed out many times before plants. There is always something higher on the food chain.

2. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

At least Florans can be understood and reasoned with, the more intelligent ones, anyway. And we don't turn people into more of themselves.

3. Verruciformis

Verruciformis Aquatic Astronaut

Man, all the regular parasitic plant fungi are booooring. Who cares about mildew? Entomopathogenic fungi like the Cordyceps sp. are where it's at, and I'm definitely feeling the Cordyceps vibes from the Agarans. I've made it a point to smash them all into paste.

Of course, my Floran, Audrey, wears a mask in case of spores. Never can be too careful about those sneaky fungi.

SirKaldar likes this.
  4. Villhelm

Villhelm Phantasmal Quasar

you'd be surprised how many big ape fanatics there are....

5. Hillmor

Hillmor Orbital Explorer

In my language we sometimes use the word mushroom to offend someone meaning they're weak or suck "Ha! Grybas."

6. Raptoral ze great guy

Raptoral ze great guy Big Damn Hero

In a strange turn of events: this crashed the game :p 2014-02-19_00003.jpg

7. KingCake

KingCake Space Penguin Leader

They sound like Cordyceps fungi. Interestingly enough Florans don't seem to be a potential host.

8. RadioMelon

RadioMelon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There is no doubt in my mind that they are actually bad news.

Just because an npc doesn't attack you doesn't mean they are entirely friendly, either.

9. Lecic

What are you talking about? As far as we can tell, Florans are the ONLY potential host.

10. Villhelm

Villhelm Phantasmal Quasar

my exact words

11. Momentousmario

Momentousmario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nick: Theory. Spores might mess with our circuits and chips.
    Nordin: I agree...

12. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And would you like to be the first to find out that isn't true? May I watch the painful transformation?

:geek:

13. TheMXL

TheMXL Aquatic Astronaut

Found a couple of these guys chilling out with some floran next to a torture device.
    That can''t be good.

14. KingCake

:rofl: Sorry, screwed up. I was thinking about that Glitch don't seem to be a potential host, considering they aren't live organisms, which farther proves they may be fungi.

15. Lecic

Considering my Floran-ness, I don't think exposing myself to Agaran spores would really help whatever your point is, presumably that other races can be infected?

16. KingCake

Actually, the flood are very different. They can infect any sort of intelligence (they once came to control cores) but we haven't seen any infected Glitch.

17. Lecic

True. Organic intelligence, then.

18. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes. Except for the Glitch. But that would lead to funny dialog:

"Concern: Unexpected growths on body. Solution: Fire."

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  19. Momentousmario

Momentousmario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nick: Reminder of theory. As i said glitch may get their circuits and chips messed up by the spores entering trough the vents.

20. KingCake

Possibly. It might kill them but as far as we know they can't actually be a host.