1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. GhostHammer

GhostHammer Poptop Tamer

Why won't someone post this lore on the Wiki?????????????????
    I want to know how many of these guys you've killed so far. Whoever posts the most kills gets 5000 pixels (RP)1
    @^$&ing terrifying...

2. beari78

beari78 Guest

Sorry.

3. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

The point is, never trust a Novakid because they don't truly exist :rofl:

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  4. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Void-Bound Voyager

neat theory, interplanetary hitchhikers

5. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Void-Bound Voyager

I found four agarans on a planet in the beta sector
    mushroom dudes 1.PNG
    there was a small cave with a few bio luminescent lights, glowing orb containers (with nothing in them), an empty floran bookshelf and a few other decorative items inside. to me the lava filled thing looks like it could be some kind of alter. the agarans to the right are standing in front of some avian skulls on spikes. they did not attack me. as you can see out of the four only one has a green mushroom cap on his head, maybe this is some kind of status symbol.
    each of the agarans said something different.
    "angry muttering sounds"
    "squeak. hoom nab"
    "huh hoom? squishfish...." I assume this last one is referring to my hylotl, :eek:
    I couldn't write down what the fourth agaran said (although it too had "squishfish" in it) because he was eaten by a wild animal, apparently they are edible mushrooms.

the coordinates of the planet are
    X:68592896
    Y:60344259
    the Beta Rukbat 2676 system
    the planet is Beta Rukbat 2676 II, it is an arid planet
    OS (Microsoft)

TheGlitchDoomLord and Villhelm like this.
  6. betudi

betudi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this thread is very interesting!
    I hope they have a random quest on Agaran Species on eliminating them on certain planet.
    as i read from this thread agaran spore is transferred by other race species , from planet to another planet.
    i seen planet with cities living with agarans example ( avian city with agaran village in the forest)
    this quest is given by the chieftain/leader of city/village to eliminate parasite race species.
    then the has several options to remove this to their planet.

1st (kill it with fire) total annihilation by incinerating the agaran village then turning the village a rocky mountain or desert area. making the planet more warmer and less habitable.
    a.obtain specific weapons and ammo from military facility or raid them.
    b. burn & kill all the agaran villagers.
    c. use starship to blast laser ultra canon to the area.
    d. go to chieftain/leader receive to complete quest

2nd (spray virus) use genetically modified virus to stop spreading it spore. then a certain period agarans will become petrified turn into carbonified stones. those agaran village will become a forest or jungle.this method is slower than the 1st one. it changes the agaran village for period of times.
    a.1 find a research laboratory/center tell them you need a virus for the mission. wait for period of time. buy the virus.
    a.2 find a broken research laboratory/center or raid it a existing one.
    b. set the virus container to any part of the village and slowly will spread to others. or put many that faster the process.
    c. in the process for period of time. some villagers are petrified and the planet will be totally be free of aragan spores.

*a.2 could backfire the mission instead eliminating the agaran village it will make them stronger and faster that it will dominate the whole planet and the race species living with them will be eliminated instead. then fail mission.

3rd (parasite them back) search of alien creature that they consider pest and menace of agaran villagers. that will get annoyed and leave the planet or stop spreading. this certain monster is friendly too.
    a. find research laboratory/center tell them this option. the scientist will point you to a certain coordinate and planet and catch a certain alien monster.
    b. release the certain amount of alien monster. the more monster the faster. while this alien monster exist in the process they multiple too.
    c. agaran villagers is annihilated or leaving the planet. for period of time this alien monster is slowly dieing because lack of food. and die out in the planet

7. Villhelm

Villhelm Phantasmal Quasar

1. i never said they were lettuce, i said they were tasty vegetables,

2.all the foliage on different planets are indeed different,(although i grant you, they do look similar), also the fact that you are the only supplier of floran, while everyone else is struggling to grow corn, only makes floran more valuable on the market.

3.true, but its not as hard as you'd think

4.if spore are created for reproduction, it would be a stupid evolutionary step to kill a non-compatible victim, especially if floran are carnivorous(killing food-source), also its very more than likely that spores will have no effect on animalia physiology, due to spores being especially adapted to infect plant life,(I'm not saying that they wont happily shank you).

5-6.agreed

7.true, hate to get science involved, but the spores would have to be unrealistically resilient to have the core body temperature of the floran (which being a plant, generates considerably less body heat) as its optimum point (in order to quickly assimilate), and be able to survive boiling water without denaturizing.

8.ironically enough, that explains a lot......

9.I'm offended:eek:! I'm a vegetarian, im not going to risk eating a mushpex! il get apeflu!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    SirKaldar and Desolator like this.
  8. Villhelm

:iswydt:

GhostHammer likes this.
  9. Villhelm

your saying that i cannot judge all apex by the actions of one, yet you do the exact same here

10. RenaldiForumStar

RenaldiForumStar Big Damn Hero

K. Didn't realize anyone who quoted me wouldn't see anything under my comment...:facepalm:

Edit:
    Seems as if that retort backfired,:cautious: but it was a derogatory comment aimed at YOU saying that you are one of the reasons hyotls are not liked, rather than judging your RACE as a whole group of people like you in a negative manner, mainly for dissing Florans so hard so yeah. :whistle:

But Seriously, I can't imagine anyone who actually likes their freedom who would support the Miniknog's actions...

11. RenaldiForumStar

The disadvantages of playing as an ape with an evolved brain...sigh:down:

12. Villhelm

i knew this was coming....tried to put it in the top post but keyboard failure....it deadly :unsure:

also, most races do consider you totalitarian,ETC.

13. RenaldiForumStar

?
    What do you mean?

EDIT: yeah, I know, but most Apexes in reality don't welcome, like, and/or accept in any way the Miniknog's horrible experiments, opression of its people, removed freedoms of all kinds, and coldheartedness. So the best we can do is join the rebellion and continue on our Starbound journey. DOWN WITH MINIKNOG! LET FREEDOM RING!!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    beari78 likes this.
  14. Villhelm

post was damaged, didn't let me edit it before i realized what i'd done, due to keyboard failure.....it's deadly:(

15. Redtremordragon

Redtremordragon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I found something that is think might be an Agaran. http://imgur.com/mfykaeR take a look and tell me the coordinates are x = 139207 y = 53332782

16. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

A random, stupid animal eating something =/= perfectly healthy to eat

Those would be the Rainbow people, and are not Agarans. Not much is known about them, except that they are currently bugged and use Apex lines.

SirKaldar and RenaldiForumStar like this.
  17. Villhelm

well, if that was true, then all the animals on the planet would be shroom hybrids;)

18. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Have you considered the possibility that it can only infect sentient life forms? That would certainly explain the lack of Hylotl/Agaran hybrids.

We could be dealing with something very similar to The Flood here.

19. Villhelm

speaking of which, there is no pics or lore or anything about the infected, that's all we know is that they capture florans, and kill other species on sight, suggesting that they can only infect plant matter. it makes sense considering in nature, fungus often grows and consumed plant tissue.

20. RenaldiForumStar

Just loving Starbound's intense discussions on lore plotholes and game mysteries... but anyway, good night