The 5th Candle Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waffelbro, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. waffelbro

waffelbro Void-Bound Voyager

@Another1Up I'm subbed to your YT : ) Thanks for the support!

@La Chair the Morel's are suuper common in the secret forest - would be absolutely shocked if you only ever found 1. Am I crazy? What do other people think?

Another1Up likes this.
    • La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

I'm closing in on 3500 hours of playing this game and I have seen RNG do some strange things. Among other things RNG has forgotten to include are Purple Mushrooms, Reeks, Hazelnuts, rain (I had one save file where I went 2 seasons in a row without rain).

On the other hand, I've had save files where I was tripping over Prismatic shards, rabbit feet, and other such rarities. It all balances out in the end.

• waffelbro

@La Chair
        purple mushrooms seem pretty easy to find in the mine? rain without two months? that's crazy! I assume not including winter (doesn't rain in the winter)

3500 hours that's awesome dude. What are you working on now? any challenges or cool mods you suggest?

• waffelbro

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I have yet to complete the museum collection on any of the 3 farms I have. One is in year 6 and the others are year 3.

• waffelbro

@nevyn21 6 Years and haven't completed the museum? whoa that's crazy? Are other people not able to complete the museum as well??

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi waffelbro, it was great challenge I did the same one without luck of museum (2 artefact left).
              Anyway I need new challenge and I think mods are only option (but it can be also much fun).
              So Did you know some mods with harder bundles and maybe less profit from stuff or something that we can try do in 1 year?
              Any ideas?
              I know great hard mod with a lot od budles: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1062/? but unfortunate its not possible to do in 1 year (cooking receipt from 2 year, many crops from 2 year and many spring fruits).

Maybe you know good mods to do a funny 1 year challenge?

Edit:
              I tried modd this one myself and easier thing I can change - like I can delete 2 year crops (red cabbage, Garlic) + change Spring fruits (cherry and apricot) from 5 to 1 (so we can buy it from traveller or find in cave) + I can delete 5 gold garlic and 5 gold red cabbage and 5 gold rhubarb + change cooking items to possible recipes in 1 year.

With this changes it should be possible to do it in 1 year.

I can also change price of Vault but new one are pretty hard.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
              • waffelbro

Hey @kners That is soo cool! You made it with 2 artifacts left? Did you find everything to be pretty easy except for the final artifact hunting as well?

Did you catch my mod spotlight on Longevity?? I highly recommend you play that.

I think your idea of changing the bundles to be doable in 1 year but way harder is SOO cool absolutely LOVE it!!

I have tons of ideas for this. I'm just excited that there are other people that are interested in challenges like I am!

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

@waffelbro Yea, exactly all of them was easy without that 2 last.

Longevity looks very cool, maybe I will put it with my Hard CC (or maybe a little easier version).
                  We definitly can mix modds and bundles for perfect 1 year challenge.

I really like to know your ideas for it, please share with me!
                  I still thinking about this CC bundles and about couple different versions of it (and with easier too).

Great you interested.