1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The 1 hit KO Shrines have gotta go.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by XaoG, Dec 12, 2013.

1. AdamJ

AdamJ Big Damn Hero

They've already stated that the damage output is incorrect, so I'd imagine they'll be using a percentage based system when they resolve it.

2. EaglePryde

EaglePryde Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do agree. At this early stage i don't take every aspect as set in stone because they told us that much will change during this stage and content is very low and mostly locked out or unfinished compared to the final release version.

I assume they let us play in stages to balance and tweak the game to the communities desires while fixing bugs to give this game a proper release.

3. Emily3859

Emily3859 Astral Cartographer

You make no sense. Let's break this down.
    1. You played the lottery.
    Please explain to me how this equates to 'playing the lottery.' When playing the lottery you know exactly what you're doing, what your chances are, and what you're able to 'win'. Clicking a random glowing object you see and dying is nothing like playing the lottery.
    2. Get over it.
    Sure, let me get over dying 1/2 way through a huge world and losing 800 pixels by clicking a glowing object that has no description.

You're ignorant.

Aeon and XaoG like this.
  4. Letalis

Letalis Subatomic Cosmonaut

you can avoid death if you have a shield. use the shield while activating it. most of the explosion will be negated. but personally if theyre going to actually keep these in, they need to make the risk/reward mechanics better. drop some pixels, a gun or something, i just risked my life to activate this thing, make it worth my time all the times it doesnt murder me. :)

5. dooder39

dooder39 Big Damn Hero

Just let this topic die already! The mods confirmed it is a bug.

6. Teih

Teih Sandwich Man

High risk, small reward.

They're not worth it.

7. SunChaos

SunChaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

do these shrines give you anything else than de-/buffs? havent seen anything else yet

8. Twisted Trip

Twisted Trip Aquatic Astronaut

Explosion of pixels would be nice every now and again