Modding Help Testing a custom event mod, but it does not trigger.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by IronwillAlice, Jan 29, 2018.

1. IronwillAlice

IronwillAlice Void-Bound Voyager

I'm trying to create custom event with this guide.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/guide-for-creating-custom-events.126394/#post-3053996

But it's seem like something wrong because the event does not trigger.

And this is my code.

location is bus stop

7563759/y 1/z winter/j 15/t 1000 1600/: "MarlonsTheme/-1000 -1000/farmer 13 11 1 Sam 15 11 3/skippable/pause 5000/speak Sam \"Hi, @.$s#$b#I come here to see you because I think we need to talk.$s\"/pause 600/emote Sam 28/pause 400/speak Sam \"Did something strange ever have happened to you lately?#b#...like some event just repeat itself or something just happened to you over and over?\"/pause 400/speak Sam \"This may sounds weird.#b#Once I hare the power to make those things happen. The power to save load and reset.\"/pause 100/speak Sam \"Since you move to this town I've lost that power but those things still happen.$s#b#If I were right,If that was really you...$s\"/pause 100/speak Sam \"I have a favor to ask you.$s#b#Please don't use that power to hurt anyone, ok?\"/pause 500/globalFade/viewport -1000 -1000/end position -1000 -1000" #!String

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can someone tell me?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Those images aren't working, but try removing the last slash in the key. The code should start like this:
      Code:
      7563759/y 1/z winter/j 15/t 1000 1600:

• IronwillAlice

Thank you^^.
        I've try it but it still not work...not even stop working, maybe it come from others issue.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@IronwillAlice I added the event with a test SMAPI mod, and it did get triggered. Are you repacking into XNB and putting that in your Content/Data/Events folder? Do you meet the event criteria (spring/summer/fall in year 1, played more than 15 in-game days, time is between 10am and 4pm)?

• IronwillAlice

I pack it into XNB file and put it in content/data/event ,but I didn’t add it witha test SMAPI mod.
            My criteria is year1 winter day 15 10.00am-16.00.
            Thank you so much for help><.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@IronwillAlice That's probably why it didn't work for you: z winter means "not winter". To only happen in winter, you should use z spring summer fall instead. To specify a day of month, you should use u 15 instead of j 15. So this should work:
              Code:
              7563759/y 1/z spring summer fall/u 15/t 1000 1600:
              Here's a list explaining the preconditions if it helps. :)

• IronwillAlice

Hmm. Now I think it was event criteria…because after I try to use ‘Kent event’ criteria in my event it’s triggered.
                Thank you for help.^^

• IronwillAlice

Oh really! OMG thank you so much. ><