Terraforming and the Underground

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Impish, Jul 21, 2012.

?

What do you think?

1. Only the Terraforming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only the Underground

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both! :D

100.0%
  4. Neither.. :(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Impish

Impish Void-Bound Voyager

Terraforming:

As we all know, some planets (and moons) are barren. I suggest a set of items (I know this is Planets and Environments) that can change the temperature, gravity, water content, etc. on a planet. This would then cause it to develop life. Randomly generated life will begin to inhabit the planet. Also this could be used as a sort of warfare. To use these wrongly and disrupt the natural balance, could kill all or most life on a planet. However, this process would take a long time. (5 days real time?)

[​IMG]

The Underground:

In the Underground, I thought it would be neat to have special "biomes" These would be things such as Crystal Caverns, Abandoned Mines, Underground Lakes, Mushroom Caves, or even things like (huge) Insect Hive, (huge) Reptile's Nest, (huge) Predator's Den, etc. (Maybe Special mobs could spawn in this Subterranean World)

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?

2. KiWiKaKi

KiWiKaKi Orbital Explorer

terraforming is allready in the game ..

3. Impish

My explanation of it? Like changing the look of entire planets? I have never seen this written anywhere...Ever.
    But post a link to it if there is one. i would love to read it!

4. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I really like them both, but what he probably means by "terraforimg is allready in the game .." is most likely changing the planet, one block at a time.

5. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

No, there's actually a terraforming machine that can change huge expanses of land. It might be a UFO, but I don't know that for sure.

6. Impish

Yes, , but I dont want to change "huge expanses of land" I wish to give the planet life.
    EX. I find a lav planet, with many lava lakes, and volcanoes. I use a terrafroming machine. There are still lava lakes, and Volcanoes, but now there will be mobs, (fire based) and a few plants.