1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Switch version crashes when I attempt to sleep to save!

Discussion in 'Support' started by OctoVeemo20, May 20, 2019.

1. OctoVeemo20

OctoVeemo20 Orbital Explorer

I keep having the game crash whenever I try to sleep as well and it's to the point where it's making me show silent, stewing, but quite visible rage.

I'm basically at my wit's end with this. :c

• mk_68

mk_68 Master Chief

If only Chucklefish cared about the Switch version...

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

considering it's been upgraded to 1.3 only 2 months after it's release while the PS4/Xbox is still stuck in 1.2 and that the vita is a non optimized crashing mess filled with bugs ( using the hoe in the mine used to make the game crash. JUST. USING. THE.HOE. ) since ONE YEAR, chucklefish do care about the switch version compared to sony player.

OctoVeemo20 likes this.
        • mk_68

mk_68 Master Chief

Chucklefish is not doing the Xbox1 and Ps4 version of 1.3. Same with the Vita, but to be fair the Vita is an old platform that isn't of utmost priority. All of that is being done by ConcernedApe who expects the PS4 and X1 versions to be released very soon as it is in QA right now.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

ConcernedApe took the helm of the PC, Mac, Linux, XBox One, Playstation 4, and PS Vita Version in December 2018.
            The Vita version has been released as a complete disaster in may 2018 under Chucklefish , got a band aid patch in June 2018 under Chucklefish and then..... nothing.
            Chucklefish literraly ignored a crash ridden release, so no, Chucklefish has its responsability here in this freakin mess.

Wether or not it's an old platform doesn't excuse a botched release nor the complete lack of support that followed.
            it should have been properly beta tested before release so it doesn't crash ( And i remeind you, the first Vita release crashed when you used the Hoe in the mine. HOW could anyone claim that any proper work was done on this ? ) and even if some bugs/glitch were missed by the beta testing, it should have been patched rouhgly a few months after release.
            We're now WAY PAST "a few months" and we're now past ONE YEAR.
            I can understand that it isn't of utmost priority and can take some time. but ONE FULL YEAR is beyond what's acceptable.

I don't think there's anything abnormal or even exceptionnal in expecting what i've PAID for to WORK PROPERLY after A WHOLE YEAR OF WAITING.

Updates are supposedly coming on XBox & PS4. Supposedly. but considering it's coming from the same person who said "Vita players, just want to let you know that Chucklefish and Sickhead Games are aware of the bugs in the VITA version and they are working on patches to fix them ASAP" in Jun 4th, 2018 ( https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1003805234177589250 ) and "I also haven’t forgotten about the PS Vita users, some of whom have reported bugs to me. It’s very important to me that I make good on my promises…" in December 14th, 2018 ( https://www.stardewvalley.net/whats-in-store-for-stardew-valley/ ) and that we're today in May 2019 ..... yeah, there's like, NO credibility whatsoever. ASAP. ha ha ha.

• OctoVeemo20

I hope that it gets noticed and fixed! I love me some Stardew Valley, especially if Splatoon 2 stresses me out far too much, but having it crash whenever I sleep gets me fuming. :c

• mk_68

mk_68 Master Chief

I mean I'm not disagreeing with you. So you are saying a lot for no reason other than me not mentioning the Vita in a thread about the Switch version lol. So we both agree Chucklefish is not doing their job and that's that.

• OctoVeemo20

Sucks that the last update for Switch is 1.3.33 back in January.

It's been 5 months and I think and hope that the sleep saving issue is fixed soon!

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Hey there!
                    I have no idea how I missed this post during my bug sweep, I am so, so sorry.

Is this happening with every game you make?
                    Could you double check and make sure you have enough storage, that the game is saving to the correct location and all that other horrid troubleshooting stuff?

• OctoVeemo20

Just checked through the "Check for Corrupt Data" option and the save file is intact from corruption. Storage seems fine, and I'm 100% confident that it's saving to the right space! ^^; So no errors or troubles on that front!

• Shubeans

Oki doki. So a few questions:
                        1. single player or multi player?
                        2. how many in-game years/days have you played?
                        3. how much stuff have you built and placed on your farm and other non-farm places?

We suspect it's the save file limit being exceeded, but we need some confirmation :)

• OctoVeemo20

1. Single player.
                          2. Year 8, day 19 of fall.
                          3. I have two coops and a deluxe barn. c:

Hopefully, none of these things are completely affecting anything, if at all! :)

• Shubeans

ah, yes.
                            It sounds like the file is exceeding the limit, it's a huge problem on Switch (and possibly mobile too) right now.

The good news is that the developers are aware of it, the second good news is that a fix is being worked on to shrink the file sizes.
                            The bad news is that due to a couple of risk factors it won't be ready for the next update, and I'm sorry to say that there isn't a release estimate for the next one at this moment in time. I'm really sorry.
                            I'll keep you updated as much as I can with information when I get it!

• OctoVeemo20

Oof...!

Well, I do suppose I should clean out some stuff on the Switch/Stardew, then! ^^' A bit of (an admittedly late!) spring cleaning was inevitable, I suppose! x'D