1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Survivalist Mod 0.925 Broken Lantern

WILL YOU SURVIVE?

1. antonsenlarsen

antonsenlarsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Survivalist Mod Guide

The Survivalist Mod has grown big, and the gameplay differs alot from vanilla.

This guide will contain the required information to make the game experience less confusing. The information will be very limited, and without any spoilers. For the most part, you will have to figure out what to do on your own.

What you need to know is:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ore distribution is different from vanilla.

Tier 1:
    Finding gold, silver and diamonds is nearly impossible. Copper is rare close to the surface, but may be found in the second layer of the planet.

Tier 2:
    Silver and copper is unlocked as surface ores like in vanilla, but gold and diamond ores remain rare as in tier 1.

Tier 3:
    Ore distribution back to normal vanilla.

(Only new characters created after the 0.921 update will experience these changes on their starter planet)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Character Classes

The future goal of the mod is to have at least two distinct character classes. It is still in an early stage, and much more will be added to this in the future.

Energy Class:
    Obviously, an "Energy" based build. Armors can be crafted with the tailors table. This class will be able to use guns more efficiently at the cost of HP and armor.

Tank Class:
    This class mainly uses swords, axes, etc. and has a lot of HP and armor. In other words, a close combat tanky build. Armors can be crafted with the anvil, just like in vanilla.

Progression

Many players keep asking where to gather the required materials and resources to progress. The answer is: READ THE DESCRIPTIONS and listen to what your character tells you for clues!!!! god damnit :D

Monsters

Monsters are stronger, spawn more often, and some attack you from a distance. Night monsters drop higher amounts of Survival Points.

Unknown ore

May be found in desolated areas!

Struggling? (Beginners guide)

Craft the bush armor and death bow as soon as possible. Get plant fibre to craft Plant Bandages. Create a bunker or a base of some kind and be careful! From there on you can kill night monsters with the Death Bow to gain the needed Survival Points.

Please tell me if you think that the guide is missing some vital information,
    GL HF

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Daikaze likes this.
  2. mummia

mummia Orbital Explorer

The beginning is quite nice. Should I expect a really new story, or just converted default quests? The features should be more clear. What you mean by Forced new ways to tech and progress? What type of new items, drops and sounds?

3. 28Mark

28Mark Pangalactic Porcupine

Sets like Antivirus Alarm off like crazy ahh no thanks try an alternative way to upload or else no one is gonna download this shit. No offence.

4. antonsenlarsen

uhm, 28mark. you have to press the filename on speedyshare at the top. not the the bottom advertising scam :p

mummia: right now it's mostly reworked quests.. some are new. but I'll add alot more later.

xhula likes this.
  5. 28Mark

28Mark Pangalactic Porcupine

um okay yeah why do people advertise malware, viruses and government spyware. That's not very nice.

6. antonsenlarsen

antonsenlarsen updated Survivalist Mod with a new update entry:

Added content, minor bug fixes and balancing.

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Zaalin

Zaalin Orbital Explorer

I'm loving it so far. I haven't really gotten into Starbound since it launched because it really wasn't very challenging. This mod is making it far more interesting in that regard. I look forward to more content and tweaking :)

-Z-

8. Supernova

Supernova Void-Bound Voyager

Good job, but any idea for compatibiliti with mods of Spaceship Craftable ? (Spaceships Customizeable and Craftable, Modular Starship Construction System, etc). Sorry my bad English :)

9. antonsenlarsen

Hi. I'm sorry. but this is one of the main features and purposes of this mod. Not beeing able to use your spaceship for other than limited storage and travel. You should settle on a planet and build epic buildings there instead mate:D

10. OobleckTheGreen

OobleckTheGreen Space Kumquat

I was really starting to enjoy this mod, but I ran into a problem: I discovered one of those "wizard houses" a few minutes away from my spawn point, and, when I clicked "E" to open the door, my game crashed. Now it crashes again every time I try to load that character. You might want to check to make sure your mod is not having issues with dungeons / houses. I'll try another character and see if I can replicate this issue. I'll post my results here.

11. antonsenlarsen

Hmmmmm. I haven't altered any dungeons, NPCs, chests, or anything that should make it crash like that. what was your last "quest" ? what was the last thing your character said.. maybe it is because of missing followup quest? Are you running any other mods?

12. OobleckTheGreen

I think it IS related to quest. I don't remember the last thing my first character said, but I just had the same problem with my second character. He just got thru saying something about winning an intergalactic sword contest, and the game simply crashed. I was out in the middle of nowhere mining ore when it happened. I can't restart either character now, the game immediately crashes.

Also, on my second character, I noticed that when I save & quit and then come back to the game, I start OUTSIDE the ship (above it).

13. antonsenlarsen

Roger that, I've been editing the storyline for the next update. Hopefully the bug is gone, cause I can't seem to find any errors in the code.
    But are you running any other mods? I've never spawned outside the ship and I've probably spawned there 500 times the last few days when testing;)

14. OobleckTheGreen

I WAS running mods, but I deleted all the other ones (plus my other characters) prior to installing yours. I could try re-installing SB and then installing your mod -- that way I could test it on a completely clean system.

15. antonsenlarsen

That would really help alot! I appreciate your efforts. I'm gonna finish the next update now in a few mins, you can try the new one. I'll play the whole storyline aswell tomorrow to check for issues.

16. OobleckTheGreen

OK, I've re-downloaded a fresh install of SB. I'll watch your mod for the update and try it out to see if having a clean install makes the difference.

17. antonsenlarsen

18. OobleckTheGreen

OK, I completely deleted SB, including the assets folder, re-installed SB, and then re-installed your mod. It worked fine for a bit, but as soon as I did a night battle I got a message about monsters that ended with that mention of the intergalactic sword contest. As soon as I clicked the "next" button (or whatever it's called), the game crashed. When I restart that character I can just barely see the ship load in and the game crashes again.

19. rrgg

rrgg 2.7182818284590...

So, the game does seem to crash whenever you hit "single player" unless you've deleted all your saves before hand. Don't know if you've seen that bug yet.

20. rrgg

rrgg 2.7182818284590...

Apparently I need 15 ash blocks for the first upgrade. Do lava planets even spawn in the Alpha sector?