1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Super /sbg/ Race Mod 0.17

Eight (possibly more) exotic alien races from the depths of the Internet to spice up your galaxy!

1. Esreadel

Esreadel Void-Bound Voyager

i just downloaded both zips from both the link in the download now button and your last post . Both have the weather and projectiles the same though. I was running the 12c since i have the monogendered florans in my options file.

2. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Did you overwrite the old folder with the new one? Sometimes that will break things.

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

This mod adds Lunarians but this is not mentioned on the mod page. Rather, it is mentioned in an Update log. Can you address this, please?

4. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Bugger me, I thought I'd taken care of that a while ago. Apparently I forgot that it was the slimes that were the 7th race and also I am bad at updating walls of text

I may put that off until we finish the lore push though (which is a thing that is currently occuring- the slimes, for instance, are actually getting lore and a name!), so that I can update everyone at once. I guess consider them a free bonus until then? :nurutease:

Esreadel likes this.
  5. KruczekIIV

KruczekIIV Void-Bound Voyager

I have a problem with race slots! After installing SBG I haven't got any left. The only race from the mod, I'm going to use are slime people, those are cool. Can we expect splitting the mod into a few smaller ones or an option to choose what races from the mod you want to have available ingame?

6. carriontrooper

For a temporary 'block', just comment out the races you don't want in the file player.config. An example:
    Code:
    /*     { "op" : "add"
        ,"path" : "/species/-"
        ,"value" : "beldehor" },
        { "op" : "add"
        ,"value" : ["sheepgrills"] },
        ,"value" : ["fishgrills"] },  */
        ,"value" : ["slimegrills"] },

7. Nyutan

Nyutan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The guard.npctype.patch in the npcs folder has information regarding beldehor items?

Code:
    [
       ,"path" : "/items/beldehor"
       ,"value" : [
      [0, [
      {
      "head" : [ { "name" : "beldehortier1ahead" } ],
      "chest" : [ { "name" : "beldehortier1achest" } ],
      "legs" : [ { "name" : "beldehortier1apants" } ],
      "primary" : [
      { "name" : "generatedgun", "parameters" : { "definition" : "commonpistol" } },
      { "name" : "generatedgun", "parameters" : { "definition" : "commonmachinepistol" } },
      { "name" : "generatedgun", "parameters" : { "definition" : "commonassaultrifle" } }
      ],
      "sheathedprimary" : [
      [ "generatedsword", 1, { "definition" : "commonbroadsword" } ]
      ]
      }
      ] ]
       ]
       }
    ]

8. carriontrooper

Welp, WoK must've dozed a bit there. I'll see what I can jury-rig together, expect a fix soon(tm).

9. Nyutan

I should also note that the SBG races cause some guard npcs to die if you approach them with a weapon drawn. it throws an error in the server console here:
    Code:
    Error: Exception while calling script uninit: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/behavior.lua"]:116: [selector]:2
    [string "/scripts/behavior.lua"]:116: [sequence]:2
    [string "/scripts/behavior.lua"]:212: [sayToEntity] error:
    [string "/scripts/actions/dialog.lua"]:4: (AssetException) Error loading asset /dialog/combat.config

Relten likes this.
  10. carriontrooper

Yeah, that's a bug reported with other custom races as well. I'll see if I can jury-rig that one too.

11. carriontrooper

Right, after reviewing the vanilla friendlyguard.npctype and guard.npctype, SBG mod's guard.npctype patch is correct. It describes the Beldehor guard's equipment. On the second problem, which is the guards disappearing, it's because of no dialog files existing for the SBG mod yet.
    The latter part will be worked on.

Relten likes this.
  12. Nyutan

Thank you for your insight. :nuruwink:

Relten likes this.
  13. Geodeek

Geodeek Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a great mod but it has some issues with how it handles patching the the outpost. Overwriting an entire instance isn't exactly best practice and should be avoided if at all possible. If more than one mod overwrites the instance, or an update changes it (already happened - no hoverbike repair bot) then things can become fairly problematic.
    The good news is that this can be overcome by simply adding layers to the existing outpost. I've attached an example outpost patch for this mod if you would like to use it.

Attached Files:

Relten and Wall of Knowledge like this.
  14. Wall of Knowledge

Oho, didn't know that that was a thing! Thanks a bunch for the insight- I'll see about redoing the outpost patching as I update the mod to Nightly.

15. Geodeek

Geodeek Pangalactic Porcupine

No problem. I'm a bit rusty with dungeon mechanics, but feel free to let me know if there's anything I can help with.

16. Wall of Knowledge

There's always work to be done around here; I'm currently working on updating the mod to nightly so that I can get back to adding content (I've already got it to the point of working again). As it happens, your dungeon fix is unfortunately deprecated; they moved the outpost to JSON in the nightly, so i really need to get around to learning Tiled. :facepalm:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  17. Wall of Knowledge

Does this count as a double-post if it's been all day?

Anyway, as of this morning I'm fully back in the saddle modding (despite being briefly dismounted by one of our cats dying and generally being busy); the mod's functional in Nightly and I'm currently on a content kick for one race in particular (while I procrastinate on learning Tiled so that I can fix the IBC building).

shipprototype.png
    One full day's worth of work, cannibalized largely from other ships; still has a couple superstructures to be built and a few tweaks and unifying the color scheme to go, and then I can make the fully damaged/undamaged variants, and then I can try actually getting it working ingame. Fun times!
    No points for guessing who's ship it is. :nurutease:

What color do you guys think it should be?

carriontrooper likes this.
  18. quadruplesword

quadruplesword Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just want to bring to your attention that your mod causes problems with Frackin' Universe. It causes a crash that boots you back to your ship whenever you try to explore moons. I was discussing this in the FU thread with another person and it apparently has something to do with the game attempting to spawn an invalid NPC.

19. Wall of Knowledge

It's not a FU-specific problem, but I already fixed the moon weather- the website didn't want to update the version properly when I uploaded it, though, so make sure you downloaded v0.12c from the Mega link.

20. quadruplesword

quadruplesword Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You know what I did? I didn't realize the moons I had already visited still had borked weather. Went a few star systems away after nabbing the proper version and now everything works. Sorry, I'm dumb :p