1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Super Magic Custom Island! Pleased Giraffe

Throw the spaceship under the bus! Build your own thing!

1. simulatoralive

simulatoralive Existential Complex

Totally doable, but you gave me an awesome idea...

Get the Base in a Box mod and COPY an avian airship into a little module and then unpack it in your ship world. Why build, when you can steal? Though, I think you'll have to murder the crew first...

Heh. Now I know where to get the giant asteroid I need for my giant asteroid base. The asteroids above my home planet are too small. I'll go steal one.

Thanks for sparking a fun idea!

2. sigmix0101

sigmix0101 Space Spelunker

You're welcome. :D

3. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

This seems like a good mod to use when I start a new charcter. I normally use Frackin Universe so being able to fit all the lab gear and grow-ops on my spaceship would be very useful. Right now I've hijacked an Asteroid Field as my Apex's secert lair.

4. DarkwingMouse

DarkwingMouse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, if anybody wants to make this work for custom races, here's what I did with the Viera of Ivalice race mod:
    Back everything up. Of course. Then delete everything in the race's ship folder.
    For that mod, since it uses the floran ship, copy those files from this mod into the race's ship folder. It probably doesn't matter, but it just makes renaming it less of a pain.
    But if you're like me and wanted to fiddle with the nuances, and/or are not even using that mod (lol) here you go with the next, important step--

go into the mod's main subdirectory (or wherever this file is) and look for universe_server.config.patch.
    You will see these lines (subject to change based on what you are modifying, custom race-wise):
    [
    { "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/speciesShips/viera",
    "value" : [
    "/ships/viera/florant0.structure",
    "/ships/viera/florant1.structure",
    "/ships/viera/florant2.structure",
    "/ships/viera/florant3.structure",
    "/ships/viera/florant4.structure",
    "/ships/viera/florant5.structure",
    "/ships/viera/florant6.structure",
    "/ships/viera/florant7.structure",
    "/ships/viera/florant8.structure"
    ]
    }
    ]
    Depending on what race you copied the ship folder over from this mod, you will change the file-names, accordingly. Like I said, this mod uses the Floran base for its ship (currently, it's a work in progress). Look at what you copied over, and edit the file in notepad++ or what-have-you to be /ships/customrace/race-you-copied-from-island-mod1.structure ~ /../../..from-island-mod8.structure, etc. Make sure the .structures match up, or else an angry little penguin is going to tell you "no ship for you!"

Hope this works :) If not, keep the discussion going! Just something that worked for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1445918111][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I FORGOT TO MENTION for that Viera of Ivalice mod, since it uses its own custom pet, THE CUTE LITTLE CHOCOBO DOES DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU DO THIS. You will be pet-less. So unless there is a way to re-spawn the chocobo, get a Pet Mod ^_^

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  5. EvKem

EvKem Void-Bound Voyager

Okay! I need some help. I have no idea how to do this. I put the two folders from the downloaded Zip into my mods folder. However, even after starting a new character, I get the regular old Hylotlian ship. What am I doing wrong here? How dod you guys get it to work? Please help!

6. simulatoralive

Hrm. "Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods" or just "Starbound\mods"? The first one will work and the second one won't.

7. EvKem

EvKem Void-Bound Voyager

The first. I have another mod installed- it is the one that allows the sewing machine and holiday bench to spawn items.

8. simulatoralive

Can you be a little more precise about this other mod? You're being a little too vague for me to find it. I was going to have a look at it's internals to see if it might be the problem.

If you've installed the island in the right place, but it's not working, then there's likely a conflict with another mod. Try removing the other mod and see if that works.

9. EvKem

EvKem Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry about that. I just recently fixed everything - all I had to do was get rid of the other mod, which was Spawnable Item Pack. Thanks so much for helping, though!

10. sigmix0101

sigmix0101 Space Spelunker

Uh... Is this compatible with Glad Giraffe? I've been using this mod for a while because the regular ships are way too small.

11. EvKem

EvKem Void-Bound Voyager

Yes! In fact, if you have a ship that was utilizing this mod previously, it still works. My 'planet' is still 'fly' able!

12. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, here's a question: If I get this mod, on someone that I've already played on for a while and finished their ship upgrade, what will happen to the ship if I get this?

13. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

finally a made that will let me ride a snes attached to a shark threw space

14. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

<.< >.> pics or it didn't happen.

15. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This's just the sorta mod I was looking for. Now I won't have to put up with those invisible unbreakable wall spots left over with the old Fully Customizable Ship mod.

There's just one problem. As you can see by my avatar (and name), I've been preferring a different type of race, and... that doesn't appear to be compatible with this mod. I tried copying the human ship folder in this mod, like I did with the FCS one (which worked but left those unbreakable spots) and renaming it for this other race, but it didn't take.

I don't suppose anyone else's got any ideas here, hm? I'll check this over a bit more...

EDIT:
    I chose to replace the ship files in the sbg mod's folder with that of the human ship in this mod's. It's working... for now. Gotta go up tiers and see what happens.

EDIT #2:
    Something seems to have corrected itself with my deleting of old mods and replacing with this one. Things that weren't dropping now are. Huzzah.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016