1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Stretch Goal Thoughts -- Pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Pets as a stretch goal?

1. Yay!

1,534 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Nay!

827 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revortha

Revortha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From the original post

Keadin likes this.
  2. Wicstar

Wicstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't mind the pets, but personally I would like to see an option in multiplayer where you can choose between:
    1- Starting with your friends
    2- Starting on random different planets than your friends. You then have to find each other. (and hopefully meet up one day)

Thank you for all the hard work guys!

3. Grillby

Grillby Void-Bound Voyager

Honestly, as long as the pet doesn't require a physical item to summon that takes up space in your inventory, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, I would suggest adding planes into the game.

AirWhale1 likes this.
  4. Starbiscuit

Starbiscuit Space Spelunker

I voted yes because... why not? But I't would be nice if you could use them for something, and I't would be more satisfying if you had to do a mission to get one. Rescue it from evil alien bandits or something :3

Yollm likes this.
  5. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

The problem Sonic cabbage is that we are not voting for whether we want to acquire them later in the game, we are voting on whether they should be in the game At All.

6. Lagoz

Lagoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sounds fun, ye got my vote

7. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

Agreed 100%. I'm still assuming tamable monsters will be in, so pets shouldn't fight for you, finding stuff off of the ground would be a cool feature. It would be nice to hear a bark and talking to your dog to find out he picked up a piece of gold for you.

Gravik likes this.
  8. Baconkid

Baconkid Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is fishing in? I would take fishing over pets any day.

9. evrythngivknwn

evrythngivknwn Orbital Explorer

I think the best offer to give upon reaching 1 million would be to release the game. I mean you guys are gna be doing updates, thats an amazing number of supporters and were all dying to play the game.

10. Gravik

Gravik Existential Complex

They've been hinting for it to be post-release

11. Maybe... There will be another 1 Million Stretch Goal... I want to be Impressed as they already did with the Other Goals.

12. fRekvi

fRekvi Void-Bound Voyager

Just leaving my ideas behind for what I think would be needed for pets as a stretch goal:

- Breeding
    - Different evolution based on adaption of planet they are breed on.
    • You can breed different types of pets:
    • Fighers
    • Carriers
    - They would need to have some sort of use. (Deliver stuff to base for you, fight along side as a companion, intimidate monsters, go mental when they see fossil bones ;-) )

Good job so far developers!

*edit for formatting*

13. Raiden Firewing

Raiden Firewing Void-Bound Voyager

Starting pets sounds awesome, but they should not be limited to non combat. Each race should have unique pets, and a couple of them to choose from, or at least some sort of pet creator, similar to the character creator. Only for your startpet, of course.
    Other that then, I think
    has stated everything important what I would have said too. So yeah, the idea is great, I'd love to see them ingame!

elgreco likes this.
  14. FISHING would be an Better Stretch Goal than Pets! I would LUVE be in a Boat with my Friends Fishing and Talking!

15. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

And drinking cider.

Dark_Pegasus and Bacon like this.
  16. FazzClink

FazzClink Orbital Explorer

Yes to pets that have some useful skills, not just a wandering and pointless companion.

Zangoose likes this.
  17. Baconkid

Baconkid Subatomic Cosmonaut

I know, right? Fishing is my favorite minigame in any game. It's relaxing, fun, and serves a purpose.

Bacon likes this.
  18. It's very Social Friendly. I love every social addiction! Pets are NOT Social *burn them*

Baconkid likes this.
  19. Haukbern

Haukbern Orbital Explorer

I'm ok with this as long as they don't just follow you around. I'm not talking about combat (Though it'd be cool to get some new ones later on in the game that actually do fight), but what about able to carry some of your stuff back to a chest at a home point or something? You could also make them say something from time to time and make them communicate with other pets. All in all, there's a lot you could do with a pet system.

Gravik and Zangoose like this.
  20. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

I could see them being cool, I know that lots of people I'll be playing with would like them, but personally, no. I prefer to travel solo in most games, so its a pass for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.