1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Stretch Goal Thoughts -- Pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Pets as a stretch goal?

1. Yay!

1,534 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Nay!

827 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashmaniac

dashmaniac Void-Bound Voyager

pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets euh oh yea this is a good idea pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets pets

2. ToastyGod

ToastyGod Big Damn Hero

YES! that will be amazing :3:V

3. Baleine

Baleine Big Damn Hero

If I get it correctly, you are considering providing a pet when you start the game ?

I'm not fond about that, I think that would be more fun to find your pets over starting with one. Although, if we can choose to not start with a pet, that'll be fine for me.

Netrolf likes this.
  4. Strongbuns

Strongbuns Void-Bound Voyager

Stop adding stuff. Use the money to push development and get more content out after release.

5. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

Its more the abstract idea of strechgoals i am aiming for, where at first when i encountered them in several kickstarter campaigns i found them good, i am starting to lean more to a general dislike of the term strechgoal and the idea behind them.

So the strechgoals that are known now, but like i said the idea of strechgoals is getting a negative ring to it for me. might be i am overthinking the idea behind strechgoals

6. RazoR2K

RazoR2K Big Damn Hero

I Chose Yes because it would be nice, but to be honest it's because I for now can't think of other stuff, I bet if you run a poll with multiple ideas it will be a lot better.

7. PureWillkuer

PureWillkuer Starship Captain

I think if i want to have a pet i should do something ingame to get it. If its like just choose one of them in charakter creator and have them at the beginning i dont like it so much. But thats just my oppinion:D

Edestark likes this.
  8. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

This is exactely what this pets strechgoal will do as everyone will have a pet right from the start.

9. Liquidmane

Liquidmane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wouldn't mind a pet system but i really think it shouldn't be a STARTER Pet though..

Maybe..make the pets rare..? or if you are going to go with starter...add an optional "No Starter Pet" Option?

Bethor and PureWillkuer like this.
  10. Ghinao

Ghinao Void-Bound Voyager

Pets would be sweet. I'm not sure if the team is thinking of domesticating wild creatures or just have a whole different set of cute and cuddlies, but I'm all for pets.

11. Edestark

Edestark Master Chief

Totally agree. ;)

12. Clitcomander

Clitcomander Space Hobo

:ssssssssss:BOOM:ssssssssss:

13. Sabre

Sabre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good news for you two! That's exactly what is already in the game. These new pets are purely cosmetic.

Liquidmane likes this.
  14. Benjabby

Benjabby Title Not Found

These four are fantastic :love:

I wish the devs could implement all community ideas, but its just not feasible :( at the very least I hope they see the community ideas and implement those that they can and that they feel would fit with, and improve, starbound.

happyfrog and Clitcomander like this.
  15. Lirisimah

Lirisimah Orbital Explorer

Pets sound good in my book. I'm curious as to what the $1m reveal is though. :eek:

16. SkillFestGP

SkillFestGP Lucky Number 13

Here's a few ideas for stretch goals:
    1.) The ability to open a wormhole to another dimension, where things are wildly different...creatures walk on their hands and attack with their feet, air whales, etc.
    2.) An amusement park planet where people can compete in mini games for prizes and rare resources.
    3.) The ability to grow another set of limbs in order to carry more weapons, items, etc.

Hope these ideas help you guys out and keep up the great work!

ErekoseDM likes this.
  17. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

And you get them from the start, so they would be an integral part of your character, when you start new lvl 1 in the game it will be there this pet following you and doing your every bidding. Pets in general will be in even in the unlikely event this strechgoal wont be met.

18. Sham

Sham Spoony Bard

I can't say that I care for this idea, but I can't really suggest anything that would be better/feasible. As long as I don't have to have them following me around, I can get behind it.

19. PureWillkuer

PureWillkuer Starship Captain

I think a lot of people missunderstand the difference between starter pets and the already planed pet system. So guys read better :D
    I would say starter pets would be ok if you start with an egg an you have to collect some items to breed it first. The item would decide what pet you get. That would be ok for me :boo:

Benjabby likes this.
  20. Makizu

Makizu Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    As long as I get my Tentacle Kitty. I'm good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.