1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Stretch Goal Thoughts -- Pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Pets as a stretch goal?

1. Yay!

1,534 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Nay!

827 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre

Sabre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You must have failed 5th grade science. Light Years are not a measurement of time.

Dragten likes this.
  2. Lyrael

Lyrael Sandwich Man

I've got to agree, it seems like this thread has become a whole lot of 'we deserve'. Like, you guys realize, the Novakids, fossils, etc. was all completely unheard of a few days ago and we were totally O.K. with that. If you don't like an idea, it's totally cool to suggest your own, but maybe don't be a jerk about it at the same time? That seems reasonable.

ErinRedbird and banthesun like this.
  3. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

Calm down. You're getting overly worked up over something that you SHOULDN'T get so angry about. Step back, take a few breaths, and clear your head. This is a place of discussion and speculation, not a place for frustration and yelling at others. You're telling others to read the thread because the space station aspect has already been mentioned, but it seems as if you haven't read the replies telling you that you shouldn't get so angry and should calm down.

Just chiiiiiiiiillllllll, man~

Honestly? I kind of like that mentality. They're modest and humble about the whole thing, and that's a good thing.

4. DrLeonSisk

DrLeonSisk Subatomic Cosmonaut

JackOfAllTrades and Iroza like this.
  5. Masscreed

Masscreed Void-Bound Voyager

Pets might be cool if they are done right, 1) I don't just want a pet given to me, that's boring, id rather find a stray in a cave and choose to adopt it; earn the pets. 2) if the pets do more than just look pretty, like pick of loot for me, or bark at rare things or something. For me, if these things are met, pets would be a nice goal.

Deltron3O3O likes this.
  6. bowser7

bowser7 Industrial Terraformer

Umm guys I just found this in the roadmap pic:
    [​IMG]
    There's a fossil like like the fossil stretch goal,but I'm sure this is a much older picture.
    ...Did you guys...lied to us?!

xtkbilly and Deltron3O3O like this.
  7. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Coincidence that lead to feature.

8. bowser7

bowser7 Industrial Terraformer

Also,what if someone doesn't want to start with a pet? Would everyone be forced to have a starting pet on their game?

Deltron3O3O likes this.
  9. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

MOCKUP.

This picture was a mockup from ages ago. :p

10. DrLeonSisk

It's only a mockup.

11. I think you failed to notice the text at the bottom of the screen with the word "MOCKUP" meaning NOT an in game screen shot.

12. TheSpoon

TheSpoon Big Damn Hero

It's annoying how the majority of people who voted 'no' can't actually come up with a better suggestion.

Let's think about this, whats a 'system that adds a whole 'nother element to the game without promising something so code-heavy that it'll delay release?'

I had the idea of the ability to create or modify weapons. You could place a 'work bench' or something, and then you could swap what stock, barrel, sight, colors, bullets, etc the gun has. This would work for all the weapons in the game, not just guns. You could even take it further and have the ability to modify guns stats. It could cost more pixels to change things; the bigger the change, so it would still be great finding a amazing weapon, and you couldn't just modify a horrible weapon into a amazing one.

13. wsensor

wsensor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think being able to run into random generated areas while traveling to planets would be a cool feature.
    Technically not a mapped zone but one generated until you left than it would go poof! If you find one than other players could warp to you and join in but once you all left that area would no longer be findable.

It should be very rare and should inform you that you can't build permanent structures there etc.
    They could have you traveling to a planet and discover a lost mining zone or a black market. Things like this could be cool. Could always run into stranded explorers or find space monsters to battle against if you wish.

14. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

i feel kind of bad saying this, but this idea wouldn't work. while FTL travel is very funky and time travel in itself wouldn't work. as for the time periods! the thing is that not every planet develops at the same rate; if we, modern day humans, created FTL then found a planet but noticed there where dinosaur like creatures it would be less likely time travel but rather that the planet was in a giant lizard era(and that's if the world was similir to ours). theoretical science allows for time travel through time dialations and such but why limit it to three themes? 7 races effect themes then combined with the biomes. time travel would only dampen what one person could find.

15. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

JackOfAllTrades and Godzilla03 like this.
  16. Godzilla03

Godzilla03 Industrial Terraformer

This is the better idea. What do you think ?

17. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

"Mockup"

The stretch goals are merely to get content out faster, and doesn't mean that the stuff will only be added to the game if the number is reached... just that it will at launch. As such, fossils were likely already planned to be added, just much later. However the stretch goal allows them to add fossils sooner. The image you have is merely a mockup.

Emendiel likes this.
  18. DrLeonSisk

What do you think about this my good sir?

Godzilla03 and Zeon like this.
  19. Emendiel

Emendiel Space Hobo

You know what is a mockup ? It's for reflexion, it's sure they are think for fossile before making a goal. Only they did not have the means to develop this feature. But with the money raised and more ideas that should not be included in the game originally can certainly thanks to this money.

20. flamedance58

flamedance58 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh well guess we're getting pointless pets.
    Well if I can't beat 'em I guess I'll join 'em :/

*starts setting up a Violin factor for the cats*

*thinks about it and goes to set up an asian market for the dogs*

Oh!

*starts stuffing the strange fuzzy alien pets to make Furbies*

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.