1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Stretch Goal Thoughts -- Pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Pets as a stretch goal?

1. Yay!

1,534 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Nay!

827 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeon

Zeon Contact!

i've made up my mind if i can have a terminator pet im all in ;) if not ....well the minority wont matter

2. Chocodile

Chocodile Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't you already send items back up to the ship through a button in the inventory screen? I swear I saw something like that during one of Tiy's streams.

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  3. IndieGamerRid

IndieGamerRid Zero Gravity Genie

I don't know why everyone's being all "URR, *mumble-grumble* NOT ENOUGH ORIGINAL"...

I loved pets in Torchlight, and starter Pokemon. Forming a bond with a little critter that starts your journey with you is always fun.

There's nothing detrimental about this potential free addition, so why would you complain about it? Be happy. Starbound. Fun times.

EDIT: I did miss the bit where they're non-combat...personally, I'd like them to fight with you and level like normal creatures. But I still don't give the idea a thumbs-down.

4. jglitch

jglitch Aquatic Astronaut

how about ;you release the beta

Rarity likes this.
  5. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

Starter pets being the THIRD stretch goal seems kind of... underwhelming. But I like it

Naupz likes this.
  6. shallama_llama

shallama_llama Master Chief

I don't know much about how much you can customize your own home or your building capabilities, but it would be really cool if there were some blueprints hidden around each world with sketches or diagrams showing how to start a massive project (minecraft style). Surely there must be a few sketches of buildings floating around the office which you could turn into pixelated blueprints...? It'd add replayability - give the player inspiration to build their own project after "completing" the main game.

capchu likes this.
  7. Draks

Draks Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh God.. HEy listen Hey!
    *Shudders*
    No more sentient pets, please.:zombie:

Commander Donut likes this.
  8. Kurokoi

Kurokoi Master Chief

I have an idea. Customizable, personalizable Mech Suits as the 1mil stretch. They could double as digging machines and combat vehicles, and as such could be one of the more expensive builds to craft.

9. Chocodile

Chocodile Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not a good idea. Tiy probably wouldn't be comfortable with it given his perfectionism and the dev team would immediately get swamped with complaints from people who don't understand what beta means.

andySp and IndieGamerRid like this.
  10. Sean Walker

Sean Walker Void-Bound Voyager

I actually really like the pet idea, and maybe they could beef up the overall concept of a "starter pet" :)
    maybe it could be a small animal that could gather or hold things in an inventory, or even be able to go back up to the ship to store things away without you needing to leave the planet. Maybe even be able to give it buffs or mutate it non-permanently for combat.
    (I was thinking of it along the lines of pets from the torchlight series) :poptop:

Commander Donut likes this.
  11. Sarim

Sarim Orbital Explorer

Now they've got no choice. This guy says they have to release the beta. Thread's over, everyone.

12. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

it's just a Guide dog.

13. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree, they should have saved the biggest one (The new Race) as the third stretch goal. Fossils first, pets second, and the new race third.

Pinkie Pie likes this.
  14. c2h5oc2h5

c2h5oc2h5 Phantasmal Quasar

When I saw this little pink cute furry ball... yes!! :p Anyway, it is hard to decide without knowing the alternative.

capchu likes this.
  15. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hahaha. You just made my night. :) <3

16. Bairy

Bairy Tentacle Wrangler

Most of you seem to not realize that pets are ALREADY in the game, just in the form of actual useful and combat pets.

Garneac, ammartino, MetaSieg and 5 others like this.
  17. HammerMagic

HammerMagic Industrial Terraformer

It's because a preorder exclusive is just a TERRIBLE idea in general. Say you found out about the game later, or didn't have the money to support it when it first came out. BAM you're locked out of that content forever, for no real reason.

18. ShadedBlade

ShadedBlade Phantasmal Quasar

Oh well... seems 2/3 of the community is off in pet land.

I guess there's always the 1 mil goal, guys... :badpokerface:

Zeon likes this.
  19. NewcDukem

NewcDukem Aquatic Astronaut

If you've already bought your preorder, then your money isn't at stake in the diminishing returns. Keep in mind there didn't need to be stretch goals to begin with.

20. capchu

capchu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sure I am not the only one skipping between this page and the preorder page watching as the price gets closer to the goal wondering if the decision is going to be made before we hit it.

Katzeus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.