Strange NPC in the tutorial mission? (Frackin Universe)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Skrewlose, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Skrewlose

Skrewlose Void-Bound Voyager

So I've been playing starbound for a while, and was messing around with the camera panning when I came across this.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 6.50.21 pm.png

I have no idea who they are, nor why they are alive when everyone else has been violently murdered via tentacle horror erupting from the Earths crust. I haven't been able to find any mention of them, and it's been bugging me.

Any idea who they are?

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I've certainly never seen it before. Are you using any mods?

3. Skrewlose

Frackin Universe, Frackin Music, and weapon stats. As far as I know, they don't add that NPC, but I'll check the original version as well. Version 1.3.1 by the way
    So apparently it is something to do with Frackin Universe. Seems like an odd thing to add. One mystery solved I guess?

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 7.28.21 am.png

Edit: Did it again with a novakid in original, no NPC. So definitely something to do with Frackin Universe then. Still don't know why it's there though

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  4. deoxypro11

deoxypro11 Void-Bound Voyager

I've seen that npc as well. They were present in the Frozen Wastes mission before, although I can no longer find them. I've reencountered them, however, in the Apex "Infiltration" mission. The same NPC can be found at the Science Outpost, but I have no idea what all of this means.

Attached Files:

5. Skrewlose

Apparently it's a guy called Kevin, found in the science outpost as a quest giver. Still don't know why he's next to your ship though. Maybe he hitched a ride?

6. Fisker3d

Fisker3d Space Hobo

the race is a mantizi

7. ISaidNo2U

ISaidNo2U Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh i also saw something similar online. Don't worry about it, they don't do anything.

8. Bustergalaxy

Bustergalaxy Void-Bound Voyager

why kevin is not in the science outpost?

9. VoidicGod

VoidicGod Space Hobo

That's Kevin. You will know all you need to by using the bookcase and reading the book labeled infraction log. With him you'll most likely be delving into metaphysics research, ultimately ending up giving you the recipe for the atom smasher.