RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod--Configurable Day Lengths

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by cantorsdust, Mar 4, 2016.

1. JustlikeHector

JustlikeHector Space Hobo

I have windows 10 and I cannot find the folder "appdata" in my c drive in username,

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

It's most likely hidden.
      Click on your search icon and type "File Explorer Options", and open it.
      Click on the view tab.
      Then find the one that says "Hidden files and folders", and select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."

• JustlikeHector

JustlikeHector Space Hobo

alright sorry to take up your time I did unhide everything and installed the mod files in the appdata folder it was suppose to go in but it's still not working. I tried installing the price mod as well and nothing so idk what to do...

• daikiraikimi

daikiraikimi Astral Cartographer

Hello, first of all thank you for this great mod! I was very excited to see it as I never feel like I have enough time in the day.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get the mod to work just yet, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Background:
          1. This is the first mod I have attempted to install, so there shouldn't be any conflicts coming from other areas.
          2. I purchased the game through steam and am running it on a Windows 10 computer.

I downloaded the lastest version of SMAPI from this thread, and placed the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley

Running it just like that did not seem to make any difference. (I played a whole day and time hadn't slowed to any noticeable degree.)

After reading this thread, I saw some folks needed to move the mod files into C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods so I did that, but still no change.

I am not getting any errors, and after moving the files into appdata the command line script says that it has loaded the TimeSpeed mod, however I still haven't seen any changes.

After that, I decided to increase the second count from 14 to 20 just in case I wasn't noticing time go by, but that didn't seem to make a difference either. Here are some screenshots of the file locations and command line script, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• daikiraikimi

daikiraikimi Astral Cartographer

Just as a follow up to my previous post, I just tried out several other mods, such as freezing time while indoors, and allowing you to see item prices from your inventory-- none of these other mods work either. It looks like the problem may not be with this mod specifically, but some larger problem that is preventing mods from working for me. (Maybe I have something in a wrong folder somehow? I'll make a new thread for this since it's not mod specific.)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
            • Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

I have noticed that the Hand on the day/night clock keeps moving till it's reset by the time tick. Is there a way to slow it down to match the reduces/increase time speed?

I went down to 1.2 because I want to use mods that haven't update to SMAPI 0.37 so I don't know if this is a problem in the current version, but I looked at the source code and saw nothing regarding this.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

The hand is directly set by the combination of the game time + an adjustment for the variable that I control. Since this mod changes that variable directly, the clock will look slightly funky. I don't plan on fixing this, as it's purely cosmetic.

• cantorsdust

• axellslade

axellslade Void-Bound Voyager

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

• cantorsdust

Preparation for Storm's public release.

Updated to 1.5.1, updated dependencies. Now should really work on Storm ;)

• axellslade

axellslade Void-Bound Voyager

I see, did not know it wasn't released yet, that explains why it needs to be compiled for now. :p

• EveryFlavor

EveryFlavor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does that mean storm public release will be later today, or tomorrow?

• cantorsdust

Soon (tm)

Afterscore likes this.
                        • Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

• BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

Please, don't smack me if this error isn't for your mod... This is the only time mod I have, so I'm just guessing it's related when it crashes and the error log comes back with 'game time' in it. Basically, this happens as I'm finishing a cutscene with an NPC. I'm not quite sure if it's because I have events' time set to false for the day lengthening tick... Or what. Maybe you can make some sense of it?

Screenshot_1.png

• joshmiller83

joshmiller83 Big Damn Hero

Also if this goes to Storm only does that mean I need to figure out how to run SMAPI and STORM to run mods that only use one or the other?

• BlushingCreep

• cantorsdust

I don't think this is related to the mod. Despite the similarity in names, my mod doesn't touch gameTime. And looking through the code for your error, I can trace it back to StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand before it isn't clear where it goes. But my mod doesn't touch strings at all, and the actual error is that the game tried to convert a string to an int and failed.

The standard four questions still apply:

If you're having problems, please post the most detailed description of your problem possible, along with these four questions:

1. What do you have your time tick length set to?
                                2. Does it still occur if you remove my time mod?
                                3. Does it still occur if the tick length is set to 7?
                                4. Did this occur upon saving or upon loading your save?

You can only run Storm or SMAPI, not both. I suspect most if not all mods will migrate to Storm over time. It's a far more powerful platform.

• BlushingCreep

Thank you for your quick response. I quarantined your mod and it's not related to the crashing! It seems, though, that I was choosing a certain series of options in a heart event with Penny that kept causing it to crash at the same point. It's strange. I still don't know what mod it is, but possibly the NPC GPS one. Anyway, thank you for your answers and patience. :)