RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod--Configurable Day Lengths

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by cantorsdust, Mar 4, 2016.

1. yBot

yBot Space Hobo

Sounds like a good solution, at the moment I'm disabling it when a festival gets near then re-enabling it later on.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Updated to 1.4. 1.3 updated to SMAPI 0.37, and 1.4 adds ChangeTimeSpeedOnFestivalDays. By default it's set to false, and the time changes will not run on festival days. Hopefully that should fix whatever is happening. I would very much appreciate user feedback on this option, because I'm not convinced this mod is doing anything to festivals. Now to work on FreezeInside!

Get it the same place as always:
      https://github.com/cantorsdust/TimeSpeed/releases

BlushingCreep and Drogean like this.
      • AvAcyn

AvAcyn Void-Bound Voyager

You sir are a scholar and a
        gentleman, Thanks. :nuruhappy:

Okay i nearly screwed up. We have to install this mod into Appdata and not stardew mods folder in steamapps.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
        • cantorsdust

It actually will work in either, but looks in Appdata first.

• JustlikeHector

JustlikeHector Space Hobo

Hello I was just wondering where do I put the "TimeSpeedConfig" file?, I placed the "timespeed.dll" in the "mods folder" but for some reason it doesn't seem to affect anything, the trainer.dll is installed and I have SMAPI installed, any help would be appreciated,

• SkullRave

SkullRave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the steamapps folder it spits out an error in the console about not finding the ini, but when in appdata it seems fine.

• SkullRave

SkullRave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It says in his readme that the dll should be placed in your stardew APPDATA folder "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods" Somewhere like that, when I had it in the steamapps folder, for me at least it gives an error, but I didn't test if it was actually working

I don't know for sure whether or not the ini can be in either folder, but to be safe just put alongside the dll that should work fine.

• Afflicted One

Afflicted One Phantasmal Quasar

No problems to report with the latest version, festivals seem to be working now (I can't 100% confirm whether or not they were working before, but better safe than sorry). Thanks for the update.

• dimasep0

dimasep0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The mod works, but I'm scared with this
                    [​IMG]

Red scares me...

• Stealth103

Stealth103 Orbital Explorer

You gotta put the mod files in the folder specified in there C:\Users\Dimas Eriyanto Putro\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\
                      I think it used to have a check to check both mod folders, but now it's just checking the appdata folder.
                      At least have to move the INI for timespeed: TimeSpeedConfig.ini

• dimasep0

dimasep0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes! no more red lines. thanks!

• cantorsdust

Pushed out v1.4.1 to fix the errors about the INI location. It was SUPPOSED to look in %appdata% or Stardew Valley\Mods, but I copied the wrong line and it was only looking in %appdata%. Fixed. You can now put the DLL and INI in either:
                          %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods OR
                          Stardew Valley\Mods.

https://github.com/cantorsdust/TimeSpeed/releases

• BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

D: Omg.

I updated my SMAPI to 0.37 and installed the newest release of this mod, 1.4.1, and I lost almost three full days because I'd step outside and the day would SPEED through in under a second. At first, I had the tick set to 20, because I like long days. But, after the first day lost, I went back to the .ini and put it back to 14. Started the game up, again, and the same thing happened. I redownloaded the mod, just in case I screwed something up, and reinstalled the mod. I managed to hit escape and exit the game before I lost another day...

T^T I'm scared my dog's run away because I haven't pet/fed him.

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

DId you only replace the .dll for this mod?
                              I just had the same thing happen to me because I did not replace the .ini file. Without the new line added, the tick was rapid firing.
                              I basically lost 2 days before I figured out what was happening.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
                              • WithFieryTruth

WithFieryTruth Big Damn Hero

Where exactly are you all getting SMAPI 0.37? The latest version on GitHub is 0.36.

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

• WithFieryTruth

WithFieryTruth Big Damn Hero

Thanks! Seems to have been updated now. 0.37 wasn't listed for me before, and 0.36 was marked as the latest release.

• cantorsdust

Ouch! I'm very sorry that happened to you. I suspect that the tick length wasn't getting set properly. I've pushed out 1.4.2 to fix that sort of case.

BlushingCreep likes this.
                                    • Cthuluhoops

Cthuluhoops Space Hobo

I'm really confused on how exactly to install this mod...could someone help me? Also if you play the game with the mod can you still get achievements on steam and such?

• BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you! It's all okay. My dog didn't run away and I just quarantined the .dll until you had a chance to take a look at it, or had an answer for what I did wrong.

And, I did replace the .ini files, for the person that asked. ^.^

I'm gonna download the updated release and try it out.

UPDATE: It seems it's not working, now. It doesn't speed through my day, but it also doesn't lengthen it from the standard 7 seconds per 10 minute tick rate. :/ To be fair, I have quite a few mods and something could be clashing with it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016