Mob Sticky-Slimey Thread

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by sleepy123, Apr 6, 2014.

1. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

How is one of the most generic yet fun monsters not in starbound? Gentlemen (and gentle women), I bring you awesomeness in the form of slimes. Biome-based slimes, in fact.

Just imagine a translucid slime creature which would acquire a slight tint to fit it's biome. (magma slime=red, ice slime, light blue, etc)

Now for the hard part: If slimes could eat/grab you they could have different effects:

Regular slime: if you fall inside it you'll get some damage until you break free. You can find it in forest+grasslands.

Fire slime: same+Burn effect. Wanders deserts, arid and volcanic biomes. Immune to fire and lava.

Lava slime: Melts you. If that's too unfair then let's keep the fiery slime instead. Immune to lava and fire.

Water slime: damages you and drains your Air supply! Found underwater. Immune to...water?

Electro-slime: just normal damage overtime while you're caught, with an extra electric effect. Wanders the wastelands, immune to lightning and some energy guns.

Flesh slime: Normal damage, but it resists physical attacks. Can be found in the heck

Poison/Toxic slime: same+ poisons you. Duh. Wanders the wastelands and toxic biomes. Immune to poison.

like-like slime: No damage... but it eats your weapon and shield!! No immunities, can be found on grasslands.

Tentacle slime: Tickles you to death (but since that's not an effect we could say it drains your hp/energy) Not immune to anything but it can crawl everywhere.

Ice slime: lowers your body temperature and slows you down. Immune to frost.

It would be lovely if some of thse could be implemented.

2. Jety Lefr

Jety Lefr Pangalactic Porcupine

Now I was there when slimes in the slime sub biome was suggested, and think it's a great idea, but I don't think having slimes all over the place is such a great one.
    That seems a lot more fantasy than sci-fi.
    Slimes specifically in the slime sub biome makes sense, and a a small thing like that is at worst a cool reference to classic gaming, and at best... well, still the same thing.

Simes in every or most biomes would be overdoing it I think considering that all of the "monsters" are really "aliens" in a sci-fi set game.

3. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Well, slimes for the slime biomes then...
    But a Fire slime that sometimes spawns from lava or a jellyfish water slime could still be used.

Not every monster should have arms and legs or even eyes as long as it has the tools to be dangerous.

4. Jety Lefr

Jety Lefr Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm totally up for a burning fire slime in the magma/volcanic biomes. I'd like that.
    Lava monsters are a good staple.

I like the idea of jellyfish too, but just a plain water slime I think would be too commonly encountered and would run into my earlier concerns.

Also true. Though I've seen plenty of monsters that don't have eyes or arms.
    Other than birds and specific dungeons things... have I seen any without legs?

5. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

There is flesh goo mobs in the Heck biome, I'd like to see more slimes too, Slimes rock.